Strive Living Society

Strive Living Society Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Vancouver, BC9 reviews

Overall good!

Not all managers are supportive, less organized. Good environment work place. Sometimes stressful and challenging. Good professional development. Benefits better.

Pros

Benefits, unionized

Cons

Less organized

productive fun work place with table tennis

There were many transitions at work depend on the work site managers. It was very challenging to work with high risk youth It is good to have medical and dental extended benefits

Pros

many options to choose for work sites

Cons

high risk to get harmed

16 November 2021
We really appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at Strive. We’re glad you had fun during your time here and we hope you’ll consider working for us again in the future.

Insights into Strive Living Society

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Great Work Environment

I am happy I got the opportunity to work in such a professional organisation. I had access to great and very helpful trainings and workshops. I consider my experience at Strive as one of the most important career milestone.

16 November 2021
Thanks for this wonderful review. We’re happy to know you were able to benefit from our training opportunities and the experience helped you in your career. We’re grateful for the time you spent with us.

Strive Living Society

Management was very challenging with this company. However, the wages are higher and the clients are a pleasure. There are many homes that need workers, and their is always penalty of work.

16 November 2021
Thanks for your review. We like to believe our clients are a pleasure and that staff enjoy working with them. If there was anything in particular that was challenging with management, we would’ve liked to hear about it so we could address it.

Worst job

Not a fun job, to be honest. They make you work really long hours and don't pay nearly enough for the what they expect of you. As well, the co-workers aren't the friendliest.

16 November 2021
We’re very sorry to hear that this was your worst job. Employees have the right to refuse work so no one should be forced to work long hours they don’t want to. However, we do agree that working in this field deserves more recognition and higher pay. We wish you reached out during your time here so we could’ve worked together to resolve your concerns.

I would love to go back if a caseworker, trainer, or home evaluator position ever opens

Excellent job, excellent management, working with Strive Living was a personally rewarding experience that helped me decide to follow this path in life. I was given a leave of absence from Strive Living to complete a university degree in Ontario, and met with family issues that prevented my returning to BC; otherwise, I would still be there. I cannot think of a better way to live than helping others as Strive Living does. Even though this writer worked specifically with adults and children prone to physical outbursts, i received excellent training and support by management, and recognition for effort. Sadly, a minor disabilty limits my ability to counter violence now.

Pros

Everything, (but pay could be a little better.)

Cons

compensation makes living in lower-mainland BC difficult.

16 November 2021
Thanks for giving us a five-star review. It’s so unfortunate that your path in this career (and city) have come to an end. We’re very glad we were able to support your lifelong learning and hope that you find a future that is equally as rewarding. All the best.

Good company, could be better.

I really like Strive and what they do in the Greater Vancouver area but they do not offer enough support to their CYS positions. High turn over rate makes it hard to get into a groove when treating clients.

16 November 2021
Thanks for your review. High turnover rates are something we have been working on and continue to work on making better. Thanks for all the work you do in our CYS department.

Poor management from the top down

I worked for this agency for over 3 years. It is very apparent that there is a lack of leadership from the Executive Director and upper management which then leads to unfit front line leaders. If you are not in the "inner circle" of the agency you do not have any room to advance and your ideas are not heard. For being advocates for inclusion this is not modeled within the company therefore that philosophy of care is not passed on to the individuals served. Many great coworkers at the agency however the management team and support is not strong. There are many other agencies out there doing a much better job of supporting their staff for the same pay and same work. I would suggest looking at those agencies before signing on with Strive.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

Burnout, not adequate training, poor leadership

16 November 2021
Thank you for your review. Strive is always working to improve our team and in turn improve our services to those we support. We’re sorry you felt there was a lack of training and leadership as we would like to be able to address these issues before staff depart. We welcome the opportunity to change your mind if you are ever searching for work again in the future.

I've worked with Strive Living Society previously Howe Sound Rehab Services society for 6 years. During my time here, I had opportunity for advancement, increase in wage, educational opportunities ( I've been sent to a few weekend educational workshops) as well as I been able to be a part of building new programs. It's a large organization with many disciplines working together ie nurses, rec therapist, community support workers, residential workers, ect. If you prove yourself and are a hard worker you will have opportunity to advance. I'd recommend this agency.

Pros

opportunity, forward thinking, client centred, management

Cons

governed by government funding

16 November 2021
Thank you for the nice review. We’re proud of our diverse team and appreciate all the work from the different players. We’re immensely grateful for the work you’re doing and your commitment to Strive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strive Living Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement