Strive Living Society

Strive Living Society Employee Reviews in Lower Mainland, BC

Lower Mainland, BC2 reviews

3.0Job security & advancement

Great place to work and learn

During my time with Strive I worked in the Children's Program as well as in the Adult 1-1 program. Both programs were very organized, supportive, team oriented and most importantly client focused. Management was professional and approachable. If you want to learn and grow your skills I highly recommend this company.

Pros

great team, great management, supportive, client focused, family centred

Official response from Strive Living Society

16 November 2021
We appreciate you sharing your positive experience here and recommending Strive as a place to work. We try our best to keep the people we serve as the focus of our work.

It's not bad, could be better.

Typical day involves: Outings with clients Personal Care Daily Journal Writing Incident Reporting Maintaining the cleanliness of your worksite What I learned: MANDT training provided First Aid Training provided Management: I have a part time line and work with Adults in the Day Program and Group Homes and also pick up shifts in their Children and Youth Services Department so I can compare and contrast management. Adults - current manager, works hands on and trains new staff hands on but, I feel their 4 hour orientations are not enough. There was however another manager in the Richmond location who did a 4 hour orientation for me to work as a casual worker in a Specialized home in April 2016. After the 4 hour orientation, the manager actually worked with me for the full 8 hours of my first shift in this specialized home so I learned the clients personal care routine in the evening right away and also her typical routine during the pm over the weekends. I thought that this manager went above and beyond to help new or casual workers for his site. This is one of the reason why I kept picking up shifts in this location. Sadly, this manager resigned and was replaced by a newbie. Childrens: Managers do not train you hands on, they ask the senior staff to do their trainings without management oversight. This is ok I guess as long as you train with a good senior worker. However, we all know that not everyone is always good at their jobs even though they have been their for awhile which can lead to discrepancies in the training and no continuity of care. -

Pros

Work Experience

Cons

Gossip, High turn over rate for Staff and Management.

Official response from Strive Living Society

16 November 2021
Thank you for your very detailed review. We’re pleased you gained some valuable work experience during your time here. Unfortunately, this industry does suffer from quite a bit of turnover and Strive is not immune. We wish we had the resources to provide more training and higher wages to help mitigate the cons. We’re doing our best and really appreciate the work of all our support staff.

Insights into Strive Living Society

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strive Living Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement