Strive Living Society
Strive Living Society Employee Review

stressful and fast-paced

11 June 2020
generally a stressful position but pay is good. Expectations kept on adding (sometimes unreasonable considering the time we have). Job requires to be creative in problem solving skill. co-workers are amazing. management is not. Job is definitely secure but career advancement is a bit limited.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
everyone is getting along. pays well
Cons
micromanaging and stressful
22 March 2016
Same role
Case Manager (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
I've worked with Strive Living Society previously Howe Sound Rehab Services society for 6 years. During my time here, I had opportunity for advancement, increase in wage, educational opportunities ( I've been sent to a few weekend educational workshops) as well as I been able to be a part of building new programs. It's a large organization with many disciplines working together ie nurses, rec therapist, community support workers, residential workers, ect. If you prove yourself and are a hard worker you will have opportunity to advance. I'd recommend this agency.
Pros
opportunity, forward thinking, client centred, management
Cons
governed by government funding
18 May 2020
Same location
Navigated employment and volunteer opportunities (Former Employee) - Burnaby, BC
Many workers just there for the pay check and could be quite neglectful or unmotivated with clients. High stress and burn out of workers causing tension, irritability and chaos.
3 March 2020
Same location
Manager (Current Employee) - Burnaby, BC
Sad but favouritism is given and others are booted out. Made to feel incompetent when you have years of experience. With no cause minds are changed daily without team collaboration.