Strive Living Society
Strive Living Society Employee Review

11 August 2018
Excellent job, excellent management, working with Strive Living was a personally rewarding experience that helped me decide to follow this path in life. I was given a leave of absence from Strive Living to complete a university degree in Ontario, and met with family issues that prevented my returning to BC; otherwise, I would still be there. I cannot think of a better way to live than helping others as Strive Living does. Even though this writer worked specifically with adults and children prone to physical outbursts, i received excellent training and support by management, and recognition for effort. Sadly, a minor disabilty limits my ability to counter violence now.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Everything, (but pay could be a little better.)
Cons
compensation makes living in lower-mainland BC difficult.
11 March 2020
Child & Youth Support Worker (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
There were many transitions at work depend on the work site managers. It was very challenging to work with high risk youth It is good to have medical and dental extended benefits
Pros
many options to choose for work sites
Cons
high risk to get harmed
1 September 2019
1:1 Specialized Support Worker (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
I am happy I got the opportunity to work in such a professional organisation. I had access to great and very helpful trainings and workshops. I consider my experience at Strive as one of the most important career milestone.
23 May 2019
Residential Child and Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Management was very challenging with this company. However, the wages are higher and the clients are a pleasure. There are many homes that need workers, and their is always penalty of work.
  1. I would love to go back if a caseworker, trainer, or home evaluator position ever opens