Strive Living Society Employee Reviews

up to date for related trainings to staff
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 December 2017
The company provides necessary trainings for the workers to be more competent in their chosen field. They are very flexible and accommodating to day-off/vacation leave's request.
Meaningful work and an amazing team
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 October 2017
Flexibility, great work/ life balance, frequent opportunities to participate in events/ expos/ fundraisers, training and educational opportunities, solid benefits, down-to-earth management, meaningful work helping individuals with disabilities. Ideas and feedback are encouraged, knowledgeable teams and managers. Employees are open to ideas, excellent teamwork. Open minded, honest, and friendly office culture.

It's inspiring to see the individuals we provide services to succeed and how our programs make a difference.
Pros
Training opportunities, good benefits, meaningful employment, vacation, flexibility, great experience, work/ life balance, great management
Cons
Could be more advancement opportunities/ planning.
Good company, could be better.
Child and Youth Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 July 2017
I really like Strive and what they do in the Greater Vancouver area but they do not offer enough support to their CYS positions. High turn over rate makes it hard to get into a groove when treating clients.
Poor management from the top down
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 June 2017
I worked for this agency for over 3 years. It is very apparent that there is a lack of leadership from the Executive Director and upper management which then leads to unfit front line leaders. If you are not in the "inner circle" of the agency you do not have any room to advance and your ideas are not heard. For being advocates for inclusion this is not modeled within the company therefore that philosophy of care is not passed on to the individuals served. Many great coworkers at the agency however the management team and support is not strong.

There are many other agencies out there doing a much better job of supporting their staff for the same pay and same work. I would suggest looking at those agencies before signing on with Strive.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Burnout, not adequate training, poor leadership
A good look at the inside of Respite and Group Home Work
Youth and Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 February 2017
great experience as a one on one support worker, as well as an inside look at social work for those interest as well as basic respite work.
Rewarding to help kids in all aspects of their lives
Home Share Provider (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 December 2016
You will make a difference in children's life by taking this vocation. So rewarding to see them enjoying their lives and learn how to build relationships with otherd
Pros
Changing lives of others, home base job
Cons
Dealing with their biological families is sometimes difficult
good pace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 November 2016
lots of experience. It is a fun place to work at. Really easy and you gain alot of experiece for futute enhancement. Would reccommend others to apply for this place
Great experience into Residential Youth Work .
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC3 October 2016
I am working in a specialized resource home for a high profile Child in care.

-Working in 2:1 ratio with this particular youth.

My daily duties entail doing a sharps count, Medication Administration, checking and initialing a log MAR book for this youth.

Maintaining a very strict 30/30 Schedule with the youth to assist him in self regulating.

-Using a visual schedule to facilitate and keep the youth regulated during his day.
Pros
Great Team and wealth of knowledge.
Cons
Management not fond of different ideas than their own.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 March 2016
I've worked with Strive Living Society previously Howe Sound Rehab Services society for 6 years. During my time here, I had opportunity for advancement, increase in wage, educational opportunities ( I've been sent to a few weekend educational workshops) as well as I been able to be a part of building new programs.

It's a large organization with many disciplines working together ie nurses, rec therapist, community support workers, residential workers, ect. If you prove yourself and are a hard worker you will have opportunity to advance.

I'd recommend this agency.
Pros
opportunity, forward thinking, client centred, management
Cons
governed by government funding
Great place to work!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC1 March 2016
Working at Strive is a very rewarding job, yet sometimes challenging because of the nature of work we do. Great people to work with and an amazing management team. The work we do here is absolutely amazing.

Strive offers a great work culture, competitive wages, great benefits and has lots of room for growth and advancement.
Pros
Great work culture, room for advancement, competitive wages, great benefits
productive and fun working with Strive
Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Coqutlam BC19 January 2016
in this job when I do get a shift it is enjoyable. hope to get more shifts. The co-workers are enjoyable to work with and managers are awesome.
Terrible Company to work for
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC26 April 2015
The workers are given very little support by management to provide the kind of care needed for the clients.

Co-workers are great people, however many of them are suffering burnout without much attention paid to it by management and as a result, client care suffers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships developed with clients and fellow staff.

The hardest part of the job is being made to provide the highest quality care for clients without the facilities and resources necessary for this to happen.
Cons
Terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strive Living Society. Our community is ready to answer.