About Strive Living Society
Join our team!
Strive has been providing a variety of community living services to individuals since 1988. Our residential and community inclusion programs support children, youth, adults, and seniors with diverse abilities to self-direct and succeed in living healthy and fulfilling lives.
Our team is working to make a significant impact in the lives of individuals throughout Greater Vancouver and the Sunshine Coast.
Perks and benefits
Strive values all of its employees and cares about their well-being. We are proud to offer the following perks and benefits:
- Industry competitive compensation.
- Retention bonuses.
- Employer-paid benefits for all positions of 20 hours per week, upon meeting eligibility requirements after three months.
- Employer contribution to Municipal Pension Plan.
- Opportunities to grow and advance.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- A great organizational culture; diverse and inclusive.
- Team building events, cultural and other fun celebrations.
- Health and wellness activities and incentives.
- Referral bonuses.
- A dedicated Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) team for all employees.
- An employee milestone and recognition program.
Strive is honoured and grateful to operate on the traditional and unceded territories of the Coast Salish nations.
Strive is proud to be a fully inclusive, equal opportunity service provider and employer. We serve and employ individuals of all cultural backgrounds, ages, genders, sexual orientations, religions, and abilities, .
Our volunteer Board of Directors is comprised of dedicated individuals, some of who have significant experience in the field of community living, and/or accessed services from us at one time.
Our agency recognizes and celebrates diversity through an array of cultural and community events throughout the year.
At Strive, we cultivate an environment where everyone, from those we support to staff to board members, is recognized as important individual parts of the collective success.
Strive Living Society’s roots date back to 1988 when a psychologist and social worker realized a vision to change the way society supported individuals with disabilities and health-related issues.
Strive began with the opening of one home in North Vancouver for three people who had been previously labelled as “too challenging to support in the community.” Since then, Strive has grown into a multi-service, non-profit agency offering services to children, youth, and adults with varying degrees of ability and individualized needs across Southern BC.