Strive Living Society (formally Howe Sound Rehabilitation Services Society) is a registered nonprofit organization that provides community and residential services for children, youth, adults, and seniors with diverse abilities.
Founded in 1988 by a Psychologist and Social Worker with the shared belief that even the most challenging individuals – more...could live successfully in the community, Strive began as a modest group home for three young adults with developmental disabilities from the former Woodlands Hospital.
Today, Strive serves individuals, not only adults with developmental disabilities, but also children, youth, and seniors with physical disabilities, acquired brain injuries, medical complications, mental health issues, autism spectrum disorders, behavioural obstacles, and/or dementia. In addition to residential resources, Strive operates drop-in centres, community-based programs, and home-based services.
Strive’s service area has expanded from North Vancouver to Greater Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, as well as the Sunshine Coast. Most of our programs are fully CARF accredited.
This grass roots agency now serves over 700 individuals, with headquarters based in beautiful Burnaby, BC.
Strive values all of its employees and cares about their well-being. We are proud to offer the following perks and benefits:
- Full employer-paid benefits for all positions above 20 hours per week, upon meeting eligibility requirements after 3 months.
- Opportunities for growth within our progressive, non profit organization.
- Industry competitive wages.
- A dog-friendly Head Office.
- A great organizational culture; we offer team building events and other fun celebrations.
- Health and wellness activities and incentives.
- A dedicated Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) team for all employees.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- An employee recognition program for those who go above and beyond. – less