Stripped Wax Bar

Stripped Wax Bar Employee Reviews

Featured review
Stripped Wax Bar selected this as a representative review
This company has grown so much in so many great ways since I started! Very professional and organized. Lots of shifts to pick up and flexible with schedule. Super busy salon and amazing tips!! Amazing group of girls that I work with.
I love working for Stripped! They are flexible with scheduling and management truly cares about their employees and acknowledges their hard work. Great wage with annual increases and benefits. I’ve become good friends with my coworkers and I never dread coming in to work.
As a full time student looking for part time work Stripped Wax Bar was the perfect fit. Flexible schedule, they accomodated all my exams and availibilty changes each semester. Everyone there takes pride in their work and works hard, but has fun doing it! Im still friends with the girls I worked with. Highly recommend for someone looking for a fun and stable job, with opportunity to pick up shifts, free waxing and wanting to make some life long friends!
Exceptionally cliqueish, passive aggressive, racially-biased workplace. Staff who are shareholders, and thereby effectively members of management, constantly spy and scheme against new and existing staff. There is one branch in Yaletown manned exclusively by Asian staff as all staff of other ethnicities are hired (for front) but just can’t penetrate the oppressive unfairness in the place. Management are stressed and pathetic, lacking the self discipline to reprimand and control dirty/bullyish staff for fear they will cause further problems or indeed leave. Every client is just a body on a conveyor belt, yet staff are expected to sweat like slaves to ensure clients don’t realize this. The training is intense and rushed, and not paid for unless you’ve completed 3 months work. The tips go from 80-140 dollars a day, but if you’re doing well on tips, this is used as an excuse to refuse to raise your hourly wage at your reviews. Receptionists track your tips, so if a client tips you in the room, you must declare it to reception. Being analytic, honest, moral, and justifying your reasons for criticizing senior staff/management/owners is seen as troublesome, and as a result, efforts are made to catch you out and brand you a hypocrite for opening your mouth. The owners/management heap on the pressure if you’re sick and relentlessly call you to come in to work. They also use staff parties to gather gossip and study so called staff relations. They also stage ‘secret shopper’ appointments and use conversation to feel-out how staff are doing. It’s a complete pity: some of the staff are - more...
Pros
Cash Tips
Cons
All of the above, really
I’ve never worked as a receptionist anywhere before this job. Everything was easy to pick up and learn. Anytime I asked for help all my questions were answered and I never felt lost. Management here is amazing and I’ve never had a job where they cared so much about the employees happiness. There is also a sense of pride with this job as well because customers always leave happy and everyone tries their best. So far everything has been great. I plan on staying with this company in the future.
Pros
Last minuet shifts or at other locations are offered at time and a half
Cons
9 hour days during the week
I'm super happy working for Stripped Wax Bar and here's just a few reasons why; Its flexible, work as little or as much as you want = OT, stat pay, double time, CASH TIPS !!! Coworkers are awesome, helpful and now are some of my closest friends. The leads are such great teachers, learn all the tricks - we are number one! Work is actually fun! Management is always there if you need them. They acknowledge all your hard work. = PARTIES and annual raises!! There's so much more, what are you waiting for??
I always tell people that working at Stripped is more like joining a sorority than a company. Once you become part of the family, you're always a sister, even if you leave for other paths in life. Ex employees still come in to get waxed or even just say hi. I feel like I've grown up here. The owners truly care about their staff, and they do their absolute best to make everyone feel supported, happy, and well compensated. I've literally held almost every possible position at Stripped. They've always made me feel like there was infinite space to grow here. As long as you're willing to work hard, they will teach you anything. They are a young company, so you have to know you aren't joining a massive established corporation. This company has more of the feel of a startup, with the pros and cons that come with it. Personally, I've loved it and feel pushed into becoming my best self. They have supported me in every direction I've wanted to take, holding different positions until I found my perfect place. The owners remember things about your life, even though they're hardly ever at the salon. They are the opposite of micro managers, they make you feel like they trust you to do your job but are always there if and when you need them. There are very high standards but if you work hard you can go really far here. Stripped definitely believes in "work hard play hard." Everyday I feel excited to go to work, it's like I get paid to hang out with my friends.
Best job in the industry. Fun, fast-paced, great pay. Supportive management team. Hard work never goes unnoticed. Amazing training opportunities, health benefits and free waxing ;)
Cons
more time off would be great
Stripped Wax Bar is an amazing company to work for. They value their employees and acknowledge their hard work. The atmosphere is alway pleasant and you become good friends with your coworkers. Management is always there if you need help or have any concerns and your team is always willing to help if you are struggling with anything. Overall, Stripped is a great company to work for.
Excellent wage, Benefits, Flexible Schedule, Supportive Management and Team Morale. Employee engagement and learning opportunities contribute to the great company culture.
.... It was a cliquey tight knit group and was manged unfairly. I would not suggest someone looking for a good work life balance and a company with good moral to ever work there.
  1. Employee reviews