Strike Group

Strike Group Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews
I enjoyed my time at Strike. The level of craftsmanship that their team apply to the task at hand is impressive and to do so safely without losing touch of common sense was refreshing.
This place is a joke they ,treat you bad and throw you away when there done !!!!unless your related to a boss ,then you can drop cocaine in the work van and no problem!!!!
Pros
Can party every night 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
Cons
They are a horrible company to work for !!!!treat you bad, expect you to work 18 hr days, one of the worst places I’ve ever wirked
Electrical division was disgustingly. mismanaged. Upper management is extremly lazy and treat their employees like complete morons . If you want good electrical experience go somewhere else. Strike takes the jobs no other respectable electrical company would take. Have never had such a sour taste in my mouth after a job.
Pros
Cons
The Job
Took a job in their Management Trainee program. They made it out to be some fantastic program with opportunities. Turns out it was a glorified labour position to fool academic graduates. Little support or guidance from supervisor/mentors making it a very frustrating place to work with little chance for advancing.
Very professional and educated team members, clean equipment and trucks. high standard of safety and client satisfaction, persistent growth path and vision
they are decent to work for but hard to stay busy from project to project. If you are not a manager or Forman they don't guarantee anything and they don't work to keep you going. also pretty cheap with wages as they have made big cuts in order to pick up job bids over the last few years
again company was awesome and they were really good to all employees. Toughest part personally was being on the road always which indirectly caused problems at home and made it stressful to be on the road for the 2 weeks in and 1 out lifestyle.
Guys are good but managements terrible, cheap out so they get bigger bonuses, office staff and some field guys Will throw you under the bus the moment they get a chance to further their career
Managers are not professional, did not get efficient training to succeed at my position. Workerx were awesome to work with.Managers need to get training

how to train & manage staff
Pros
Hours
Cons
Bullies in work place
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things everyday and getting along with coworkers.
a typical day at work was busy and fast paced..
management is inexperienced, workers suffer for it. racing to the bottom as far as wages go. they stay busy by not bidding on travel and paying below average rates
Strike was a fun and interesting workplace . Always new sites across Alberta varying from warehouses to oil and gas plants. Always something new to learn and experience
At first I really loved strike.
It’s a very fast paced environment touchy dangerous work. Lots of tight spaces and friendly people. We were like a family there. But in the end no matter how hard you and others work you are just a number on a list
Hope to work with them again. Very professional. Worked at their Keyara site in Grande Prairie in 2018. Met a lot of great people and made many contacts.
Good company worked in many different areas from cable tray to cable pull installing devices to terminating panels devices and motors. Great workers and good safety culture.
I'm working on a compressor station project and really love the work I'm doing and the people I work with. My supervisor is a great mentor. I love the teamwork atmosphere.
Pros
Good mentorship, lots of opportunity
Cons
Working a camp job.
Strike does an excellent job keeping competent professionals employed, they do keep their regulars as busy as possible, Management team is hard to work for as employment roles and responsibilities are somewhat undefined and employees are expected to work at levels way above what their current compensation calls for.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Lack of communication from management to field level projects
everyone there is easy to get along with and very fun to talk to. they do take their work seriously and prefer to stay busy rather than not. management was great and they were very understanding if i needed to go to school on my rap days to get caught up. i would highly recommend applying there.
Pros
long lunches and very understanding but strict
Cons
working outside in cold weather
The staff I worked with was great, yet the company had a ton of growing pains and there for I feel was misguided at times.

I had a great QC Lead that was very willing to teach the knowledge she had. Which made transitioning from one filed to the next easier.
Boss were great and work with you to make thing happen. Atmosphere was good. It was hard work but it was all done while having fun. I would work there anytime again.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
pay could be a bit better
Strike was fine to work for. Various projects all over Western Canada. overall low wage but things are slow. Management was fine. Would work for them again in a pinch.