Strickland's Pay & Benefits reviews

Featured review
Strickland's selected this as a representative review
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON14 August 2018
-8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, when it gets busier sometimes 8 am to 8 pm one day a week, and every other Saturday for a half day

-came in to the position not knowing anything about detailing a vehicle, I was taught everything I needed to know and eventually moved in to main detail where I was taught skills I never thought I would ever have to learn (ie: buff and wax)

-I found it a great place to work, obviously you're always going to run in to people that you don't like and you don't get along with, but you'll have that no matter where you work (it's a part of life)

-the hardest part of the job was learning how to detail the cars in the specific amount of time that was given (and yes it can be done, most of the time depending oh how dirty the vehicle was when it came in)

-most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I worked with in the department, for the most part I got along with everyone

-management of all departments make themselves available with an open door policy if you have questions, concerns, or just need someone to listen about absolutely anything
Pros
provide lunches and treats for jobs well done
Cons
like anywhere else, moody people, detail department not climate controlled so it gets hot in the summer, shoveling snow in the winter is not very enjoyable
Worst management
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 June 2019
Worked for Brantford stricklands for 2 almost 3 years. The owners don’t care about you and the managers care even less. Not a team environment at all. They will fire you with no explanation or no previous write ups. Benefits suck no dental and no vision. Worst environment and not enough pay. Stay away from the Brantford stricklands.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no rewards or even a thank you.
Service Department Great Place to Work!
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON30 April 2019
Service department Always has lots of jobs never have had to worry about running out of work year round,
Company paid Trade Fees and workboot allowances
Unlimited Factory training for those willing to put the effort into it.
A place to have a career, not just a job. With chances for advancement with in the company.
Pros
Paid Trade Fees
Decent work place
Service (Current Employee) –  Ontario30 April 2019
Pros
- Great people to work with
- Decent starting wage
- Good hours
- Great service management

Cons
- Slow advancement
- Unrealistic expectations
- Long hours in every department
- Backwards rules
- Service gets short end of the stick
All Spit and Polish here
Conceirge (Current Employee) –  Various29 April 2019
Working at Strickland’s provides me with benefits that I never would have imagined. I’ve been able to get in and see new cars and trucks and some of their fantastic features. I’ve been able to drive a few around town. I’ve even had a reason to crawl under a couple.If you like cars, there are experts of all sorts here.
The short time I’ve worked there I’ve been put in prominent positions, been sent on important missions, and have been given some special projects. One of my next projects will be to bring some clarity to the layout in the showroom.
Today I went into a quiet place to brush up on a skill, while working in close proximity to the general manager. He and I meet daily to discuss matters of concern.
I’ve also discovered it’s a great place to get information. I can ask a mechanic for his advice or recommendation on a vehicle, or another employee concerning their area of expertise. It’s a sharing place, too, with someone always leaving something on their desk for me.

I like to see myself as the person who keeps the team Good Will Hunting.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
No Company Car
Fun and Competitive Atmosphere
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON29 April 2019
Good management team, great colleagues to work with, and overall fun atmosphere.

A lot of room for growth and training provided for individuals with little to no experience in the industry!
Pros
Well Paying, Free Lunch on Weekends, Good Management, Great Training
Cons
Some Long Hours
Sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 April 2019
Strickland's GM in Brantford is a great place to work. Excellent training and resources to get a good handle on things. A lot of support from all ends of the dealership. The culture is great and friendly and management is very personable and willing to help. Fantastic opportunity to make a good living with hard work.
Pros
Great compensation if you work hard and smart
Good place to work, you will get out what you put in.
Service (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 April 2019
Is it perfect, no, but what job is. At Strickland's you will be treated fairly and with respect. If you show up at work to work, you will be recognised. There are days when management can be painful, but most times its due because people are not doing their jobs. The job can be very stressful, but when your the only high volume GM store in the area, it is to be expected. Overall, great place to work, and very competitive wages if your willing to work for them,
Pros
Good pay, Free dinners and weekend breakfasts, open door policy
Cons
Can have long hours, very stressful at times
Overall Good Place to Work
Service (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 April 2019
I have a fantastic, hard-working team.

Often we are asked to accomplish highly unrealistic goals.

The hours can be long and some highly stressful days can leave you completely mentally drained.

The work environment can be challenging at times.

No definite system set up for scheduled raises/bonuses, etc. There should be some form of system where employees are scheduled for a review to see what direction to go in order to attain a pay increase or bonus, whatever it may be.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Long hours, unrealistic expectations
Great People to work with
Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario25 April 2019
-Easily the best reason to work here is the people, best coworkers I've had by far. Everyone's friendly and easy to get along with, feels like a makeshift family

-Hours can be long in any department, making it mentally and sometimes physically straining at times

-Free food is not uncommon

-Room for advancement is minimal, but possible if you work hard for it and make your intentions of moving up clear
Pros
Free food, good people, good management
Cons
Long hours, slow advancement
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 April 2019
Very rewarding especially if you put in the work.
Lots of great incentives and bonuses.
Managers out to help you and train you and do their best to get you to succeed.
Pros
Free lunches on weekends, rewarding, good money
Chances to Evolve and earn to your potential!
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON22 April 2019
I told my manager what I wanted to make in my interview, and I set the bar high- I achieved it! We worked towards my goals together, and now I continue to raise my own expectations.

It is tough to find success and then accept anything less.

We work hard, but constantly have ways to improve.

Dealerships often have challenging parts of the operation; this is no exception. But as a whole, the operation runs very well! Mistakes are taken in stride, learning opportunities are common, and honesty is rewarded.

Personalities flare, and it is a stressful environment. Key performance indicators could be a little more balanced with reminders that de-stressing activities are also important.
Pros
High earning potential for hard workers, great operational support
Cons
Long days are required especially at start, "process" needs improvement on training
Productive and fun workplace
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON17 April 2019
The owners are great and know every employees name! After working here for just over a year, Strickland's has been the first job, in a very long time, that does not make me want to quit.
Pros
Free food, kind co-workers, bonus available
Cons
5+ Years and going strong.
Service (Current Employee) –  Ontario11 April 2019
Work hours are roughly 50-60 per week (In Service), is an expected work week.
They have taught me a lot, I have been provided with lots of training, tire training, toyota training, WHIMIS, Health and Safety, ect.
Management team is very strong and have been around a long time. Sometimes its hard to be heard by them but they must have their reasons.
In the service department it is a very tight group of individuals who have the same common goal (have fun, work hard).

Hardest part of my job would have to be the hours are not family friendly. The balance between work and life are not balanced, more work less play.

The most enjoyable part about my job is some of the people I work with, now consider family, monthly lunches.
Pros
the clientele base that comes in, free lunches
Cons
long hours, sometimes feel unappreciated
Fun and exciting work environment!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON1 April 2019
Great work environment! If you have great communication skills, along with problem solving and enjoy working with people, this job is perfect for you! Time management is crucial in this career but it literally pays off! Who doesn't want to be financially stable while having a blast at work?!
Pros
Fun work environment, free lunches, benefits, great pay.
Cons
work every saturday, long hours at times, but all worth it for the money!
Worst place I have ever worked
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 May 2018
Managers are very rude and self centred, only caring about themselves. Makeing employees skip lunch, working 12 hours days without breaks. Very minimal assistance, managers don’t help you at all but are right there to tell you when you are wrong.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
A Good Starting Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON3 January 2018
Strickland's is a great place to learn how to sell cars, but once you've learned how, go sell somewhere else and make real money. Be prepared to work 70+ hours per week to make less than minimum wage per hour. The main benefit is free lunch on Saturdays. Don't expect any support from management to teach you how to sell or to build you up.
Pros
Free greasy pizza on Saturdays
Cons
Long hours, underpaid, underappreciated.
Decent place to work but it’s not for everyone
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON20 November 2017
If you are new to the business and want a place where you will receive a ton of training on how to sell cars it’s a great place to work. Tons of leads and opportunities to sell and lots of traffic. If you are willing to put in the work you can make a decent living 50K-100K a year. If you don’t put in extra hours and work as hard as you can though you won’t last. Free lunch on Saturday’s decent work environment.
Pros
Company Pension Plan, Guaranteed Salary, Occasional Rewards based on performance
Cons
Having to work on Sundays. Benefits could be better, no dental or optical. No demo Poor work life balance at times. No room for advancement
great group of people to work with
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON31 October 2017
there are always pros and cons with every job.
pros
great people to work with. cant stress that enough
owners are in touch with their emplyees
awesome selection of vehicle to select from
cons
salary is not very competitive
management team is completely overhauled
long hours required
mandatory phone calls
A Hardworking Young Team
Sales (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 November 2015
You need to be hardworking, ambitious and great with computers. You also need to be good with people. If you have these traits you will do very well with our sales team.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Long Hours