Strickland's

Strickland's Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Sales Representative6 reviews
Canada6 reviews
Featured review
Strickland's selected this as a representative review
-8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, when it gets busier sometimes 8 am to 8 pm one day a week, and every other Saturday for a half day

-came in to the position not knowing anything about detailing a vehicle, I was taught everything I needed to know and eventually moved in to main detail where I was taught skills I never thought I would ever have to learn (ie: buff and wax)

-I found it a great place to work, obviously you're always going to run in to people that you don't like and you don't get along with, but you'll have that no matter where you work (it's a part of life)

-the hardest part of the job was learning how to detail the cars in the specific amount of time that was given (and yes it can be done, most of the time depending oh how dirty the vehicle was when it came in)

-most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I worked with in the department, for the most part I got along with everyone

-management of all departments make themselves available with an open door policy if you have questions, concerns, or just need someone to listen about absolutely anything
Pros
provide lunches and treats for jobs well done
Cons
like anywhere else, moody people, detail department not climate controlled so it gets hot in the summer, shoveling snow in the winter is not very enjoyable
Treated poorly. Management lies and poor treatment. No one likes each other and all talk behind each other’s backs. So many two faced people and they don’t care for customers just sales. Lots of miserable people.
Cons
Strickland's GM in Brantford is a great place to work. Excellent training and resources to get a good handle on things. A lot of support from all ends of the dealership. The culture is great and friendly and management is very personable and willing to help. Fantastic opportunity to make a good living with hard work.
Pros
Great compensation if you work hard and smart
I myself didn't enjoy my sales experience there.
I have almost 20 years of sales experience and treated like i was new. The reason i was given was without cause. What they did is hire too many people for the volume of traffic. Overall was very unhappy with how i was treated after being lured there to join the team...
Pros
Staff fairly friendly
Cons
Misleading management very poor pay scale. Would need to work 12 hours a day to make a living
I loved working at Stricklands because of all the great people.

For sales, you get what you put into it, if you are willing to go above and beyond, Strickland's will go above and beyond for you!

Lots of room for advancement, if you work for it.

Only left because I have moved :(
Pros
People!
Toxic environment from the owner down.
You would think they could learn from all their mistakes and revolving door of employees...

Terrible culture, no support, whipping post is prominent. Awful.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to list
so many nice and welcoming people working there.

always entertaining, no two days are the same at a dealership. If you hate mundane repetitive tasks then this is the place for you.
Pros
people, great atmosphere
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Strickland's?