Strickland's

Strickland's Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Sales Associate6 reviews
Canada6 reviews
Featured review
Strickland's selected this as a representative review
-8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, when it gets busier sometimes 8 am to 8 pm one day a week, and every other Saturday for a half day

-came in to the position not knowing anything about detailing a vehicle, I was taught everything I needed to know and eventually moved in to main detail where I was taught skills I never thought I would ever have to learn (ie: buff and wax)

-I found it a great place to work, obviously you're always going to run in to people that you don't like and you don't get along with, but you'll have that no matter where you work (it's a part of life)

-the hardest part of the job was learning how to detail the cars in the specific amount of time that was given (and yes it can be done, most of the time depending oh how dirty the vehicle was when it came in)

-most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I worked with in the department, for the most part I got along with everyone

-management of all departments make themselves available with an open door policy if you have questions, concerns, or just need someone to listen about absolutely anything
Pros
provide lunches and treats for jobs well done
Cons
like anywhere else, moody people, detail department not climate controlled so it gets hot in the summer, shoveling snow in the winter is not very enjoyable
I've been an employee with Strickland's going on 7 years. In my opinion here are a few positive attributes to working for this company. With hard work & dedication you can earn 6 figures plus!! I don't know of anywhere else where you can earn this type of income without post secondary education!! Even with post secondary education I don't know of a lot of places where you can earn this type of income!! They are great at promoting from with in if you are looking to work your way up in the company. The work place has a great team atmosphere. Its a great social job that allows you to come into contact with new people every day. The Strickland's name is one of the most well known & reputable names in the car business. People come from all of the province to buy vehicles here because of the name and the fact that we have the best prices in all of Ontario!! If you are looking for a career with great income, a positive work environment then this is the place for you.
All work no play. They expect you to work bell to bell even though they do give you “shifts”. If you don’t sell 30 cars a month you won’t make any money. You have to make at least 150 cold calls a month or you will be penalized. The brothers will pretend to remember your name but they will forget 30 seconds after talking to you. There are many better dealerships to work for.
Pros
Meh
Cons
If I was able to rate 0 stars I would. Money can be made if you want to live at work. Expected to come in every day. No gratitude for your hard work. Upper management does not respect you nor care how about how much time you have in your home life outside of work. All they want to do is line their pockets and pay you very little for your hard work. I could go on and on but I'll just leave it there.
Cons
Sales team was great to work with every day.
Support eachother , fun environment for sure despite long hours. Volume is expected more than other dealerships though .

Management is pretty decent ,and easy to get along with , except the Detail department manager . He makes our end of the job frustrating, and the staff turnover is awful , which means No ones there long enough to learn how to clean cars properly. And it results in unhappy guests . Unhappy staff etc etc

So other than that , if you dont mind long hours it’s a good place to be
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Strickland's is a great place to learn how to sell cars, but once you've learned how, go sell somewhere else and make real money. Be prepared to work 70+ hours per week to make less than minimum wage per hour. The main benefit is free lunch on Saturdays. Don't expect any support from management to teach you how to sell or to build you up.
Pros
Free greasy pizza on Saturdays
Cons
Long hours, underpaid, underappreciated.
If you want sell cars and make a great living do not work here they don't care about you if you don't sell your gone no support they talk about the Disney experience the first week you are there then once they let you go to the hounds you can throw that out the window.. Oh yeah a bunch of cold calling to be done in order for you to get leads the internet manager dictates your pay you don't get paid well I repeat you don't get paid well long hours management sucks