Strickland's

Strickland's Employee Reviews for Product Advisor

Product Advisor4 reviews
Canada4 reviews
Featured review
Strickland's selected this as a representative review
-8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, when it gets busier sometimes 8 am to 8 pm one day a week, and every other Saturday for a half day

-came in to the position not knowing anything about detailing a vehicle, I was taught everything I needed to know and eventually moved in to main detail where I was taught skills I never thought I would ever have to learn (ie: buff and wax)

-I found it a great place to work, obviously you're always going to run in to people that you don't like and you don't get along with, but you'll have that no matter where you work (it's a part of life)

-the hardest part of the job was learning how to detail the cars in the specific amount of time that was given (and yes it can be done, most of the time depending oh how dirty the vehicle was when it came in)

-most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I worked with in the department, for the most part I got along with everyone

-management of all departments make themselves available with an open door policy if you have questions, concerns, or just need someone to listen about absolutely anything
Pros
provide lunches and treats for jobs well done
Cons
like anywhere else, moody people, detail department not climate controlled so it gets hot in the summer, shoveling snow in the winter is not very enjoyable
Stratford toyota is probably one of the worst companies anyone can work in Ontario. The management do not care about staff, they only care about you booking appointments and selling cars. You need to sell minimum of 13 cars per month before you can get bonus and you need to work 12hrs 7 days before you can think of meeting target. If you do not meet target they fire you. The office are super dirty, nobody sweeps, hips of dust everywhere. Few staff are friendly. I can not recommend anyone to go work only if that is your last resort.
I have been with Stricklands, Stratford, Toyota for 2 and a half years. I can't imagine working any place else. Everyday is filled with challenge, and success. I have been provide with great support, and training. Coming into this with no experience was more then a little intimidating. Once arriving the training provided allowed me to get up to speed very quickly. They have a clear and direct path to success. That is not to say there hasn't been bumps in the road, but for each bump there have been a team of individual's willing to offer assistance. To sum it all up, I plan to retire here at Strickland's. That should tell you everything you need to know about this amazing company.
Pros
Great training, clear process, lot's of opportunity, great environment
Cons
I told my manager what I wanted to make in my interview, and I set the bar high- I achieved it! We worked towards my goals together, and now I continue to raise my own expectations.

It is tough to find success and then accept anything less.

We work hard, but constantly have ways to improve.

Dealerships often have challenging parts of the operation; this is no exception. But as a whole, the operation runs very well! Mistakes are taken in stride, learning opportunities are common, and honesty is rewarded.

Personalities flare, and it is a stressful environment. Key performance indicators could be a little more balanced with reminders that de-stressing activities are also important.
Pros
High earning potential for hard workers, great operational support
Cons
Long days are required especially at start, "process" needs improvement on training
If you are new to the business and want a place where you will receive a ton of training on how to sell cars it’s a great place to work. Tons of leads and opportunities to sell and lots of traffic. If you are willing to put in the work you can make a decent living 50K-100K a year. If you don’t put in extra hours and work as hard as you can though you won’t last. Free lunch on Saturday’s decent work environment.
Pros
Company Pension Plan, Guaranteed Salary, Occasional Rewards based on performance
Cons
Having to work on Sundays. Benefits could be better, no dental or optical. No demo Poor work life balance at times. No room for advancement