Strickland's

Strickland's Employee Reviews for Detailer

Featured review
Strickland's selected this as a representative review
-8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, when it gets busier sometimes 8 am to 8 pm one day a week, and every other Saturday for a half day -came in to the position not knowing anything about detailing a vehicle, I was taught everything I needed to know and eventually moved in to main detail where I was taught skills I never thought I would ever have to learn (ie: buff and wax) -I found it a great place to work, obviously you're always going to run in to people that you don't like and you don't get along with, but you'll have that no matter where you work (it's a part of life) -the hardest part of the job was learning how to detail the cars in the specific amount of time that was given (and yes it can be done, most of the time depending oh how dirty the vehicle was when it came in) -most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I worked with in the department, for the most part I got along with everyone -management of all departments make themselves available with an open door policy if you have questions, concerns, or just need someone to listen about absolutely anything
Pros
provide lunches and treats for jobs well done
Cons
like anywhere else, moody people, detail department not climate controlled so it gets hot in the summer, shoveling snow in the winter is not very enjoyable
Strickland's is a great place to learn about the auto industry and develop your skills, however, it can be quickly out grown. They provide flexible hours and a very casual work environment however employee turnover is extremely high and there are some difficult people to work with.
Pros
Flexible hours, good place to learn
Cons
Employee turnover, SOME disrespectful and greedy managers, unprofessional and difficult coworkers, lack of training
Great Place to work! Everyone is super friendly and makes you feel like you are part of the family from day 1. Because of their great work environment it makes you actually want to go into work and there is so much to do that the days go by super quick! There is also a lot of potential for growth here. So if you are looking for a secure job thats has potential for growth and good pay. Then this is the place for you!
Pros
8-5 job
I worked for Strickland's and it was the worse experience I have ever had when it comes to an employer.. The ad they have posted for people to apply to says it's competitive hourly wage which is a lie, everyone there is underpaid for the amount of work they do and the people who do nothing are the ones making the money.. They also state that they "pride ourselves on providing career advancement" which is also a lie unless you get into a position in all the wrong ways.. they also state that they reward high performance and they provide a stable rewarding work environment.. that's a huge lie too.. I know all workplaces have their drama but I have never seen it this bad in all my years i've worked.. if someone doesn't like you they get rid of you and find a way to do it whether legally or not.. and if they can't they will push and hound on you until you say enough and quit.. I have never seen an establishment have such a crazy overturn in staff, honestly I think they deserve an award because it is that terrible.. When I worked there the detail department was under brand new management who had no idea what she was doing.. In the duration of time I worked for her 3 people got fired and 2 people quit if that doesn't tell the company that maybe she isn't right for the job I don't know what will.. Strickland's could be a great place if the owners and HR were more involved and actually knew what happens at their dealerships. On top of that the training is horrible I never received orientation of any legally required training and when they train people the people training don't - more...