Strickland's

Strickland's Employee Reviews for Account Manager

Account Manager13 reviews
Canada13 reviews
Featured review
Strickland's selected this as a representative review
-8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, when it gets busier sometimes 8 am to 8 pm one day a week, and every other Saturday for a half day

-came in to the position not knowing anything about detailing a vehicle, I was taught everything I needed to know and eventually moved in to main detail where I was taught skills I never thought I would ever have to learn (ie: buff and wax)

-I found it a great place to work, obviously you're always going to run in to people that you don't like and you don't get along with, but you'll have that no matter where you work (it's a part of life)

-the hardest part of the job was learning how to detail the cars in the specific amount of time that was given (and yes it can be done, most of the time depending oh how dirty the vehicle was when it came in)

-most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I worked with in the department, for the most part I got along with everyone

-management of all departments make themselves available with an open door policy if you have questions, concerns, or just need someone to listen about absolutely anything
Pros
provide lunches and treats for jobs well done
Cons
like anywhere else, moody people, detail department not climate controlled so it gets hot in the summer, shoveling snow in the winter is not very enjoyable
If you haven’t yet, look up Stricklands Exposed on google - it will tell you everything you need to know
Pay structure is terrible and they try to buy you in on the “salaried” pay which is bs if you work for 25 percent commission you get a ton more, sometimes making over 1200 a car at Stricklands you make about 180-220 Don’t do it....
Great work environment, friendly staff, and great culture. They set you up very well for success with having a massive inventory of cars and excellent training. Coming into work everyday is very enjoyable!
Pros
atmosphere and co workers are great!
Cons
Love the energy here at Strickland's Windsor. Enjoy coming into work and always look forward to the month to month challenge.

Have to be a very dedicated, motivated and hard working individual to work in this environment so it's perfect for me. I am very motivated in what we do here and very excited to make some good money and grow here at the company and in my personal life.
Pros
Free lunches for sure (HUGE), Good people to work with.
Cons
Longer hours not a lot of Vacation time.
Good management team, great colleagues to work with, and overall fun atmosphere.

A lot of room for growth and training provided for individuals with little to no experience in the industry!
Pros
Well Paying, Free Lunch on Weekends, Good Management, Great Training
Cons
Some Long Hours
Very rewarding especially if you put in the work.
Lots of great incentives and bonuses.

Managers out to help you and train you and do their best to get you to succeed.
Pros
Free lunches on weekends, rewarding, good money
Awesome place to work, everyone who I worked with here was very fun and great to work with. They know when to have fun but also when to buckle down and get the job done. Great work atmosphere that makes work fun and enjoyable. Great owners who really care about there employees and will know you by name. All in all a great place to work!
Pros
great people, good atmosphere.
Cons
weekends.
Awesome work environment! One of the best jobs I've ever had, If you enjoy getting paid for the amount of effort you put into your work, this is the job for YOU!
Pros
everything
Cons
Great work environment! If you have great communication skills, along with problem solving and enjoy working with people, this job is perfect for you! Time management is crucial in this career but it literally pays off! Who doesn't want to be financially stable while having a blast at work?!
Pros
Fun work environment, free lunches, benefits, great pay.
Cons
work every saturday, long hours at times, but all worth it for the money!
Strickland’s should be researched further than this page. It would seem to me that there has only been positive reviews left on this account.
Applicant beware.
Pros
Great place to master sales
Cons
Hours, constant turnover of staff, objections
I learned a lot... mostly what not to do.
Train the best and keep the rest is a slogan I have often heard about Strickland’s.

They post “a 50 hour work week is not a long work week” in the training area, but if you want to succeed, you’d better be willing to put in 60-75 hours per week.

Free food on Saturdays is a perk, that’s about it.

They teach under promise and over deliver... if only they’d practice what they preach.

The turnover of staff is astonishing.
Pros
Coffee is for closers... free lunch on Saturdays & only scheduled for 44 hours per week
Cons
44 hours per week is not even close to realistic, More more more mentality, High turnover in staff, No chance of moving up within the company.
there are always pros and cons with every job.
pros

great people to work with. cant stress that enough

owners are in touch with their emplyees

awesome selection of vehicle to select from

cons

salary is not very competitive

management team is completely overhauled

long hours required

mandatory phone calls
Super hard work and cold calling involved also management are harsh on employees definitely not pleased with my experience.
Volume based not quality I prefer the other way it wasn't for me.
Pros
Free pizza on Saturdays
Cons
Long hours and expect you to come on your day off
Learned many new sales tactics.
Management was fantastic, co-workers were as well.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the communication and problem solving with customers.