Strickland's Employee Reviews

Brutal. Just a brutal place to work.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON21 February 2019
Toxic environment from the owner down.
You would think they could learn from all their mistakes and revolving door of employees...
Terrible culture, no support, whipping post is prominent. Awful.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to list
Amazing place!
Ontario (Former Employee) –  Ontario5 January 2019
So going over the review's I don't know what theses people are thinking but my time at Strickland's was amazing !! Everyone was welcoming, nice polite it was a great experience. Alot of bad reviews on the detail shop but they did such a amazing job on my SUV met a nice young man and he explained everything he did on my vehicle it went for a full clean and came out brand new again , way better then what i expected., super happy with it. I guess theses people that give a bad reviews are ex employees that never made it. I totally recommend Strickland's for sales and detail.
Pros
The people
Asking too much
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON17 December 2018
All work no play. They expect you to work bell to bell even though they do give you “shifts”. If you don’t sell 30 cars a month you won’t make any money. You have to make at least 150 cold calls a month or you will be penalized. The brothers will pretend to remember your name but they will forget 30 seconds after talking to you. There are many better dealerships to work for.
Pros
Meh
Waste of Time
Former Detailer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON22 November 2018
I worked for Strickland's and it was the worse experience I have ever had when it comes to an employer..

The ad they have posted for people to apply to says it's competitive hourly wage which is a lie, everyone there is underpaid for the amount of work they do and the people who do nothing are the ones making the money.. They also state that they "pride ourselves on providing career advancement" which is also a lie unless you get into a position in all the wrong ways.. they also state that they reward high performance and they provide a stable rewarding work environment.. that's a huge lie too.. I know all workplaces have their drama but I have never seen it this bad in all my years i've worked.. if someone doesn't like you they get rid of you and find a way to do it whether legally or not.. and if they can't they will push and hound on you until you say enough and quit.. I have never seen an establishment have such a crazy overturn in staff, honestly I think they deserve an award because it is that terrible.. When I worked there the detail department was under brand new management who had no idea what she was doing.. In the duration of time I worked for her 3 people got fired and 2 people quit if that doesn't tell the company that maybe she isn't right for the job I don't know what will.. Strickland's could be a great place if the owners and HR were more involved and actually knew what happens at their dealerships. On top of that the training is horrible I never received orientation of any legally required training and when they train people the people training don't
  more... even know what they are doing to begin with so end up training new people completely wrong.

Stricklands is one of the worst places I have ever worked and I would never wish it on my worst enemy
Don't do it
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON17 October 2018
I would never recommend working for Strickland's.. the management is horrible the pay sucks for the amount of work you do. There is no gratitude for the hard work done. The management is rude and the sales people are disrespectful and treat anyone else like they are nothing because they feel like they are superior to any other employee. Things are very unprofessional and too personal, people either like you or they don't and will get rid of you at any point in time no matter how long you've worked there. There is no room for growth and no one sticks around very long because of the way things are run. They put people in charge who are unfit for the job.

The detail department is horrible some of the detailers are too full of themselves for the bad work they do and some rig the system to make a buck.

The sales department is horrible because the people are disrespectful to any other department employees.

I do not recommend applying here, it's a waste of time and will be the worst workplace experience.
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON14 August 2018
-8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, when it gets busier sometimes 8 am to 8 pm one day a week, and every other Saturday for a half day

-came in to the position not knowing anything about detailing a vehicle, I was taught everything I needed to know and eventually moved in to main detail where I was taught skills I never thought I would ever have to learn (ie: buff and wax)

-I found it a great place to work, obviously you're always going to run in to people that you don't like and you don't get along with, but you'll have that no matter where you work (it's a part of life)

-the hardest part of the job was learning how to detail the cars in the specific amount of time that was given (and yes it can be done, most of the time depending oh how dirty the vehicle was when it came in)

-most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I worked with in the department, for the most part I got along with everyone

-management of all departments make themselves available with an open door policy if you have questions, concerns, or just need someone to listen about absolutely anything
Pros
provide lunches and treats for jobs well done
Cons
like anywhere else, moody people, detail department not climate controlled so it gets hot in the summer, shoveling snow in the winter is not very enjoyable
the people are awesome!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 July 2018
so many nice and welcoming people working there.

always entertaining, no two days are the same at a dealership. If you hate mundane repetitive tasks then this is the place for you.
Pros
people, great atmosphere
Would Not Reccomend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 July 2018
If I was able to rate 0 stars I would. Money can be made if you want to live at work. Expected to come in every day. No gratitude for your hard work. Upper management does not respect you nor care how about how much time you have in your home life outside of work. All they want to do is line their pockets and pay you very little for your hard work. I could go on and on but I'll just leave it there.
Cons
There seem to be several pages trying to trick the applicant
Account Manager (not a manager) (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON2 June 2018
Strickland’s should be researched further than this page. It would seem to me that there has only been positive reviews left on this account.
Applicant beware.
Pros
Great place to master sales
Cons
Hours, constant turnover of staff, objections
Constant Changes
Account Manager (whatever that is) (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON2 June 2018
I learned a lot... mostly what not to do.
Train the best and keep the rest is a slogan I have often heard about Strickland’s.
They post “a 50 hour work week is not a long work week” in the training area, but if you want to succeed, you’d better be willing to put in 60-75 hours per week.
Free food on Saturdays is a perk, that’s about it.
They teach under promise and over deliver... if only they’d practice what they preach.
The turnover of staff is astonishing.
Pros
Coffee is for closers... free lunch on Saturdays & only scheduled for 44 hours per week
Cons
44 hours per week is not even close to realistic, More more more mentality, High turnover in staff, No chance of moving up within the company.
Worst place I have ever worked
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 May 2018
Managers are very rude and self centred, only caring about themselves. Makeing employees skip lunch, working 12 hours days without breaks. Very minimal assistance, managers don’t help you at all but are right there to tell you when you are wrong.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
fun workplace with lots of great people!
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 May 2018
Strickland's is a great place to work, a lot of fun people across all dealership locations, everyone is very welcoming. Lots of room for advancement if you want it.
A Good Starting Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON3 January 2018
Strickland's is a great place to learn how to sell cars, but once you've learned how, go sell somewhere else and make real money. Be prepared to work 70+ hours per week to make less than minimum wage per hour. The main benefit is free lunch on Saturdays. Don't expect any support from management to teach you how to sell or to build you up.
Pros
Free greasy pizza on Saturdays
Cons
Long hours, underpaid, underappreciated.
Decent place to work but it’s not for everyone
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON20 November 2017
If you are new to the business and want a place where you will receive a ton of training on how to sell cars it’s a great place to work. Tons of leads and opportunities to sell and lots of traffic. If you are willing to put in the work you can make a decent living 50K-100K a year. If you don’t put in extra hours and work as hard as you can though you won’t last. Free lunch on Saturday’s decent work environment.
Pros
Company Pension Plan, Guaranteed Salary, Occasional Rewards based on performance
Cons
Having to work on Sundays. Benefits could be better, no dental or optical. No demo Poor work life balance at times. No room for advancement
great group of people to work with
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON31 October 2017
there are always pros and cons with every job.
pros
great people to work with. cant stress that enough
owners are in touch with their emplyees
awesome selection of vehicle to select from
cons
salary is not very competitive
management team is completely overhauled
long hours required
mandatory phone calls
great employer
Sales manager/F&I manager (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON25 October 2017
Stricklands was a great place to work, very friendly staff, great coaching and always room to advance. Pay was fair for sales staff, and the company was always growing and willing to grow with you.
Pros
lunch on saturdays
Cons
working sundays
Learning
Parts and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 April 2017
10 hours
additional skills
management
hardest part of the job
most enjoyable part of the job
Supplied the required parts and accessories to retail customers
Walmart of dealerships
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON23 February 2017
Super hard work and cold calling involved also management are harsh on employees definitely not pleased with my experience.
Volume based not quality I prefer the other way it wasn't for me.
Pros
Free pizza on Saturdays
Cons
Long hours and expect you to come on your day off
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON5 October 2016
If you want sell cars and make a great living do not work here they don't care about you if you don't sell your gone no support they talk about the Disney experience the first week you are there then once they let you go to the hounds you can throw that out the window.. Oh yeah a bunch of cold calling to be done in order for you to get leads the internet manager dictates your pay you don't get paid well I repeat you don't get paid well long hours management sucks
Cons
Not the Disney Experience they try and brain wash you with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 January 2016
Pros.
Co workers. Floor staff are very supportive among eachother. And stick together for support and knowledge.

Cons.
The management make false promises to staff and offer no support when in stressful situations!
If there is anything the managment is good at is Creating false hope for future advancements and providing a stressful working enviroment by threatening your job.
Long hours and no breaks aloud. Create long stressfull days, not aloud to bring concerns forward or you will be disciplined.
Employer buisness owners not on site enough to know floor staffs real work ethic and allow the management to bully staff members.

Dont get sucked into false promises and little support. I would recommend anywhere else Save yourself alot of stress
Pros
Floor staff great support to eachother
Cons
No breaks aloud

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strickland's. Our community is ready to answer.

Strickland's Reviews by Location