Strickland's

Strickland's Employee Reviews

Featured review
Strickland's selected this as a representative review
-8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, when it gets busier sometimes 8 am to 8 pm one day a week, and every other Saturday for a half day -came in to the position not knowing anything about detailing a vehicle, I was taught everything I needed to know and eventually moved in to main detail where I was taught skills I never thought I would ever have to learn (ie: buff and wax) -I found it a great place to work, obviously you're always going to run in to people that you don't like and you don't get along with, but you'll have that no matter where you work (it's a part of life) -the hardest part of the job was learning how to detail the cars in the specific amount of time that was given (and yes it can be done, most of the time depending oh how dirty the vehicle was when it came in) -most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I worked with in the department, for the most part I got along with everyone -management of all departments make themselves available with an open door policy if you have questions, concerns, or just need someone to listen about absolutely anything
Pros
provide lunches and treats for jobs well done
Cons
like anywhere else, moody people, detail department not climate controlled so it gets hot in the summer, shoveling snow in the winter is not very enjoyable
Very fun place to work, where the values of employees are also represented by the company. Management is also always available for help and encouragement.
I worked at Stricklands for 8 months leading up to the pandemic. It was an okay environment to work if you like extreme competitiveness and pettiness from senior staff. It was a struggle every month to guarantee a living wage with the messed up bonus/commission structure in place. Getting paid out on time was an issue only twice but it still occured. Don't work here if you want a steady job. Not good for workers who commute from as little as 30 minutes away. The offer to come back to work after the pandemic was a slap in the face. The salary was cut completely and the commission structure was altered so slightly that it didn't make a difference, don't want to work for free. Many of the good staff left after the way this terrible company handled workers after the pandemic.
Pros
Selling cars is fun
Cons
Everything else, especially management (sales and service), the way they play with your pay like it doesn't make a difference.
I worked for Stricklands Automart for a couple years and I still miss it there. I had great managers,Great Staff & I learned so much. I adore the owners & still keep in touch to this day.
Pros
Good Owners & great staff
Cons
They are firm but fair and give you the opportunity to learn the business. You have to work hard but it’s worth it!! Staff is amazing and you are guaranteed to work with some great people
Pros
Staff, management, pay
Strickland's seems to make employee moves before consulting the employee. Shift you from Management to regular staff for unknown reasons. No information from office on daily sales or targets.
Pros
Not many
Cons
All the good people are gone. Too bad.
Stratford toyota is probably one of the worst companies anyone can work in Ontario. The management do not care about staff, they only care about you booking appointments and selling cars. You need to sell minimum of 13 cars per month before you can get bonus and you need to work 12hrs 7 days before you can think of meeting target. If you do not meet target they fire you. The office are super dirty, nobody sweeps, hips of dust everywhere. Few staff are friendly. I can not recommend anyone to go work only if that is your last resort.
Everyone is obsessed with drama. Managers abuse their power to make you feel uncomfortable and often times there is hardly any staff due to everyone calling in. You are not secure in your job at all. People get walked out left right and center. There is one manager in particular that only talks down to people and will purposely question you on small tasks to make you feel like you have no idea what you are talking about.
If you haven’t yet, look up Stricklands Exposed on google - it will tell you everything you need to know Pay structure is terrible and they try to buy you in on the “salaried” pay which is bs if you work for 25 percent commission you get a ton more, sometimes making over 1200 a car at Stricklands you make about 180-220 Don’t do it....
Lousy work environment. Poor management all around. Everyone has to punch time clock. Can't believe it. Sudden firings, no proper procedure for dealing with employees.
It starts as a great place to work then they stop caring. They will let you go for no reason at all that is what they are good at. You are just a person and you are replaceable in there eyes no matter what you do for them.
Worked for Brantford stricklands for 2 almost 3 years. The owners don’t care about you and the managers care even less. Not a team environment at all. They will fire you with no explanation or no previous write ups. Benefits suck no dental and no vision. Worst environment and not enough pay. Stay away from the Brantford stricklands.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no rewards or even a thank you.
Strickland's is a great place to learn about the auto industry and develop your skills, however, it can be quickly out grown. They provide flexible hours and a very casual work environment however employee turnover is extremely high and there are some difficult people to work with.
Pros
Flexible hours, good place to learn
Cons
Employee turnover, SOME disrespectful and greedy managers, unprofessional and difficult coworkers, lack of training
I have enjoyed working for this company for several years. I appreciate the owners and all the extra things they do for the staff because they genuinely care about everyone. The staff in general are all friendly, welcoming and helpful. Without a doubt, the best place to work!
The managers are paid way too much compared to the employees who actually do the work and treat their employees like slaves. People are constantly quitting making it difficult to have work friendships. Upon starting my job I was not given actual training in procedure OR SAFETY. I have never felt like a valued member of the Strickland's team and would not recommend working here unless you have no other options.
Pros
Lol
Cons
greedy managers, high staff turnover, no training, unprofessional coworkers, underpaid and overworked, won't replace broken equipment
Treated poorly. Management lies and poor treatment. No one likes each other and all talk behind each other’s backs. So many two faced people and they don’t care for customers just sales. Lots of miserable people.
Cons
Great work environment, friendly staff, and great culture. They set you up very well for success with having a massive inventory of cars and excellent training. Coming into work everyday is very enjoyable!
Pros
atmosphere and co workers are great!
Cons
Service department Always has lots of jobs never have had to worry about running out of work year round, Company paid Trade Fees and workboot allowances Unlimited Factory training for those willing to put the effort into it. A place to have a career, not just a job. With chances for advancement with in the company.
Pros
Paid Trade Fees
Plenty of room to grow and learn. Lots of room for advancement with training provided along side some amazing co workers. Interaction with amazing co workers and even better guests. It's a great company to enhance your communication skills along with almost any other skill you are looking to improve upon.
Pros - Great people to work with - Decent starting wage - Good hours - Great service management Cons - Slow advancement - Unrealistic expectations - Long hours in every department - Backwards rules - Service gets short end of the stick
I've worked at stricklands for a few months now but come from a background in the auto industry. Stricklands offers a progressive and refreshing environment. They have an amazing culture and processes in place that make this company the best around!
Pros
progressive mindset
Cons
coffee grinds in my coffee
  1. Employee reviews