Strickland's Employee Reviews

Featured review
Strickland's selected this as a representative review
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON14 August 2018
-8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, when it gets busier sometimes 8 am to 8 pm one day a week, and every other Saturday for a half day

-came in to the position not knowing anything about detailing a vehicle, I was taught everything I needed to know and eventually moved in to main detail where I was taught skills I never thought I would ever have to learn (ie: buff and wax)

-I found it a great place to work, obviously you're always going to run in to people that you don't like and you don't get along with, but you'll have that no matter where you work (it's a part of life)

-the hardest part of the job was learning how to detail the cars in the specific amount of time that was given (and yes it can be done, most of the time depending oh how dirty the vehicle was when it came in)

-most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I worked with in the department, for the most part I got along with everyone

-management of all departments make themselves available with an open door policy if you have questions, concerns, or just need someone to listen about absolutely anything
Pros
provide lunches and treats for jobs well done
Cons
like anywhere else, moody people, detail department not climate controlled so it gets hot in the summer, shoveling snow in the winter is not very enjoyable
Horrible and Depressing
Sales (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON21 May 2019
Treated poorly. Management lies and poor treatment. No one likes each other and all talk behind each other’s backs. So many two faced people and they don’t care for customers just sales. Lots of miserable people.
Great Work Environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON3 May 2019
Great work environment, friendly staff, and great culture. They set you up very well for success with having a massive inventory of cars and excellent training. Coming into work everyday is very enjoyable!
Pros
atmosphere and co workers are great!
Cons
Service Department Great Place to Work!
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON30 April 2019
Service department Always has lots of jobs never have had to worry about running out of work year round,
Company paid Trade Fees and workboot allowances
Unlimited Factory training for those willing to put the effort into it.
A place to have a career, not just a job. With chances for advancement with in the company.
Pros
Paid Trade Fees
Great atmosphere
Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON30 April 2019
Plenty of room to grow and learn. Lots of room for advancement with training provided along side some amazing co workers. Interaction with amazing co workers and even better guests. It's a great company to enhance your communication skills along with almost any other skill you are looking to improve upon.
Decent work place
Service (Current Employee) –  Ontario30 April 2019
Pros
- Great people to work with
- Decent starting wage
- Good hours
- Great service management

Cons
- Slow advancement
- Unrealistic expectations
- Long hours in every department
- Backwards rules
- Service gets short end of the stick
Love working here and I'm excited to grow with this company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 April 2019
I've worked at stricklands for a few months now but come from a background in the auto industry. Stricklands offers a progressive and refreshing environment. They have an amazing culture and processes in place that make this company the best around!
Pros
progressive mindset
Cons
coffee grinds in my coffee
Love the energy here at Strickland's Windsor. Enjoy coming into work and always look forward to the month to month challenge.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 April 2019

Have to be a very dedicated, motivated and hard working individual to work in this environment so it's perfect for me. I am very motivated in what we do here and very excited to make some good money and grow here at the company and in my personal life.
Pros
Free lunches for sure (HUGE), Good people to work with.
Cons
Longer hours not a lot of Vacation time.
All Spit and Polish here
Conceirge (Current Employee) –  Various29 April 2019
Working at Strickland’s provides me with benefits that I never would have imagined. I’ve been able to get in and see new cars and trucks and some of their fantastic features. I’ve been able to drive a few around town. I’ve even had a reason to crawl under a couple.If you like cars, there are experts of all sorts here.
The short time I’ve worked there I’ve been put in prominent positions, been sent on important missions, and have been given some special projects. One of my next projects will be to bring some clarity to the layout in the showroom.
Today I went into a quiet place to brush up on a skill, while working in close proximity to the general manager. He and I meet daily to discuss matters of concern.
I’ve also discovered it’s a great place to get information. I can ask a mechanic for his advice or recommendation on a vehicle, or another employee concerning their area of expertise. It’s a sharing place, too, with someone always leaving something on their desk for me.

I like to see myself as the person who keeps the team Good Will Hunting.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
No Company Car
Fun and Competitive Atmosphere
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON29 April 2019
Good management team, great colleagues to work with, and overall fun atmosphere.

A lot of room for growth and training provided for individuals with little to no experience in the industry!
Pros
Well Paying, Free Lunch on Weekends, Good Management, Great Training
Cons
Some Long Hours
Found a place to call home
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON29 April 2019
I have been with Stricklands, Stratford, Toyota for 2 and a half years. I can't imagine working any place else. Everyday is filled with challenge, and success. I have been provide with great support, and training. Coming into this with no experience was more then a little intimidating. Once arriving the training provided allowed me to get up to speed very quickly. They have a clear and direct path to success. That is not to say there hasn't been bumps in the road, but for each bump there have been a team of individual's willing to offer assistance. To sum it all up, I plan to retire here at Strickland's. That should tell you everything you need to know about this amazing company.
Pros
Great training, clear process, lot's of opportunity, great environment
Sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 April 2019
Strickland's GM in Brantford is a great place to work. Excellent training and resources to get a good handle on things. A lot of support from all ends of the dealership. The culture is great and friendly and management is very personable and willing to help. Fantastic opportunity to make a good living with hard work.
Pros
Great compensation if you work hard and smart
Great Place for Growth
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 April 2019
This is a great place to work and has lots of opportunities for any employee who is willing to put in the effort. I started with this company in a low level admin position and in just a few short years have managed to progress to Office Manager. Everybody here is super friendly and really helpful. Stricklands is definitely a family culture. I love coming to work every day as each day holds a different challenge plus I work with a great bunch people!
Good place to work, you will get out what you put in.
Service (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 April 2019
Is it perfect, no, but what job is. At Strickland's you will be treated fairly and with respect. If you show up at work to work, you will be recognised. There are days when management can be painful, but most times its due because people are not doing their jobs. The job can be very stressful, but when your the only high volume GM store in the area, it is to be expected. Overall, great place to work, and very competitive wages if your willing to work for them,
Pros
Good pay, Free dinners and weekend breakfasts, open door policy
Cons
Can have long hours, very stressful at times
Overall Good Place to Work
Service (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 April 2019
I have a fantastic, hard-working team.

Often we are asked to accomplish highly unrealistic goals.

The hours can be long and some highly stressful days can leave you completely mentally drained.

The work environment can be challenging at times.

No definite system set up for scheduled raises/bonuses, etc. There should be some form of system where employees are scheduled for a review to see what direction to go in order to attain a pay increase or bonus, whatever it may be.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Long hours, unrealistic expectations
Great People to work with
Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario25 April 2019
-Easily the best reason to work here is the people, best coworkers I've had by far. Everyone's friendly and easy to get along with, feels like a makeshift family

-Hours can be long in any department, making it mentally and sometimes physically straining at times

-Free food is not uncommon

-Room for advancement is minimal, but possible if you work hard for it and make your intentions of moving up clear
Pros
Free food, good people, good management
Cons
Long hours, slow advancement
productive and fun
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 April 2019
they have a great support team for accounting
fun work environment
very respectful to employee's
feels like a family
everyone willing to help each other
Pros
acknowledgement for job well done
Cons
does not apply
Great Place
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 April 2019
Your income and performance is based on how hard you work for it! Great group of people to work with, and lots of support from management! Your income is based on the work you put into your guests!
Pros
Lots of traffic, everyday is different, awesome coworkers
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 April 2019
Very rewarding especially if you put in the work.
Lots of great incentives and bonuses.
Managers out to help you and train you and do their best to get you to succeed.
Pros
Free lunches on weekends, rewarding, good money
Chances to Evolve and earn to your potential!
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON22 April 2019
I told my manager what I wanted to make in my interview, and I set the bar high- I achieved it! We worked towards my goals together, and now I continue to raise my own expectations.

It is tough to find success and then accept anything less.

We work hard, but constantly have ways to improve.

Dealerships often have challenging parts of the operation; this is no exception. But as a whole, the operation runs very well! Mistakes are taken in stride, learning opportunities are common, and honesty is rewarded.

Personalities flare, and it is a stressful environment. Key performance indicators could be a little more balanced with reminders that de-stressing activities are also important.
Pros
High earning potential for hard workers, great operational support
Cons
Long days are required especially at start, "process" needs improvement on training
Great atmosphere and potential for growth job
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON22 April 2019
Great Place to work! Everyone is super friendly and makes you feel like you are part of the family from day 1. Because of their great work environment it makes you actually want to go into work and there is so much to do that the days go by super quick! There is also a lot of potential for growth here. So if you are looking for a secure job thats has potential for growth and good pay. Then this is the place for you!
Pros
8-5 job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strickland's. Our community is ready to answer.

Strickland's Reviews by Location