Strickland's

Strickland's Employee Reviews

Canada67 reviews
Featured review
Strickland's selected this as a representative review
-8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, when it gets busier sometimes 8 am to 8 pm one day a week, and every other Saturday for a half day

-came in to the position not knowing anything about detailing a vehicle, I was taught everything I needed to know and eventually moved in to main detail where I was taught skills I never thought I would ever have to learn (ie: buff and wax)

-I found it a great place to work, obviously you're always going to run in to people that you don't like and you don't get along with, but you'll have that no matter where you work (it's a part of life)

-the hardest part of the job was learning how to detail the cars in the specific amount of time that was given (and yes it can be done, most of the time depending oh how dirty the vehicle was when it came in)

-most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people that I worked with in the department, for the most part I got along with everyone

-management of all departments make themselves available with an open door policy if you have questions, concerns, or just need someone to listen about absolutely anything
Pros
provide lunches and treats for jobs well done
Cons
like anywhere else, moody people, detail department not climate controlled so it gets hot in the summer, shoveling snow in the winter is not very enjoyable
Worst place i have worked in Canada
Stratford toyota is probably one of the worst companies anyone can work in Ontario. The management do not care about staff, they only care about you booking appointments and selling cars. You need to sell minimum of 13 cars per month before you can get bonus and you need to work 12hrs 7 days before you can think of meeting target. If you do not meet target they fire you. The office are super dirty, nobody sweeps, hips of dust everywhere. Few staff are friendly. I can not recommend anyone to go work only if that is your last resort.
Don’t fall for the promise
Management here will tell you what you want to hear and promise you the world to keep you off their back but don’t expect any change that will benefit you. Raises and overtime are unheard of, they expect you to do the work of 2 people and this company truly believes it should come before your family and personal life. The parts and service departments have some great people to working in them but the poor management is not worth the headache of working here, they’re only out to benefit themselves.
Where do you start with this train wreck of a company
If you haven’t yet, look up Stricklands Exposed on google - it will tell you everything you need to know
Pay structure is terrible and they try to buy you in on the “salaried” pay which is bs if you work for 25 percent commission you get a ton more, sometimes making over 1200 a car at Stricklands you make about 180-220 Don’t do it....
Find somewhere else
Lousy work environment. Poor management all around. Everyone has to punch time clock. Can't believe it. Sudden firings, no proper procedure for dealing with employees.
Worst management
Worked for Brantford stricklands for 2 almost 3 years. The owners don’t care about you and the managers care even less. Not a team environment at all. They will fire you with no explanation or no previous write ups. Benefits suck no dental and no vision. Worst environment and not enough pay. Stay away from the Brantford stricklands.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no rewards or even a thank you.
I will never work anywhere else!
I have enjoyed working for this company for several years. I appreciate the owners and all the extra things they do for the staff because they genuinely care about everyone.
The staff in general are all friendly, welcoming and helpful.

Without a doubt, the best place to work!
horrible company to work for
The managers are paid way too much compared to the employees who actually do the work and treat their employees like slaves. People are constantly quitting making it difficult to have work friendships. Upon starting my job I was not given actual training in procedure OR SAFETY. I have never felt like a valued member of the Strickland's team and would not recommend working here unless you have no other options.
Pros
Lol
Cons
greedy managers, high staff turnover, no training, unprofessional coworkers, underpaid and overworked, won't replace broken equipment
Horrible and Depressing
Treated poorly. Management lies and poor treatment. No one likes each other and all talk behind each other’s backs. So many two faced people and they don’t care for customers just sales. Lots of miserable people.
Great Work Environment
Great work environment, friendly staff, and great culture. They set you up very well for success with having a massive inventory of cars and excellent training. Coming into work everyday is very enjoyable!
Pros
atmosphere and co workers are great!
Cons
Service Department Great Place to Work!
Service department Always has lots of jobs never have had to worry about running out of work year round,
Company paid Trade Fees and workboot allowances

Unlimited Factory training for those willing to put the effort into it.

A place to have a career, not just a job. With chances for advancement with in the company.
Pros
Paid Trade Fees
Great atmosphere
Plenty of room to grow and learn. Lots of room for advancement with training provided along side some amazing co workers. Interaction with amazing co workers and even better guests. It's a great company to enhance your communication skills along with almost any other skill you are looking to improve upon.
Decent work place
Pros
- Great people to work with

- Decent starting wage

- Good hours

- Great service management

Cons

- Slow advancement

- Unrealistic expectations

- Long hours in every department

- Backwards rules

- Service gets short end of the stick
Love working here and I'm excited to grow with this company
I've worked at stricklands for a few months now but come from a background in the auto industry. Stricklands offers a progressive and refreshing environment. They have an amazing culture and processes in place that make this company the best around!
Pros
progressive mindset
Cons
coffee grinds in my coffee
Love the energy here at Strickland's Windsor. Enjoy coming into work and always look forward to the month to month challenge.

Have to be a very dedicated, motivated and hard working individual to work in this environment so it's perfect for me. I am very motivated in what we do here and very excited to make some good money and grow here at the company and in my personal life.
Pros
Free lunches for sure (HUGE), Good people to work with.
Cons
Longer hours not a lot of Vacation time.
Fun and Competitive Atmosphere
Good management team, great colleagues to work with, and overall fun atmosphere.

A lot of room for growth and training provided for individuals with little to no experience in the industry!
Pros
Well Paying, Free Lunch on Weekends, Good Management, Great Training
Cons
Some Long Hours
Found a place to call home
I have been with Stricklands, Stratford, Toyota for 2 and a half years. I can't imagine working any place else. Everyday is filled with challenge, and success. I have been provide with great support, and training. Coming into this with no experience was more then a little intimidating. Once arriving the training provided allowed me to get up to speed very quickly. They have a clear and direct path to success. That is not to say there hasn't been bumps in the road, but for each bump there have been a team of individual's willing to offer assistance. To sum it all up, I plan to retire here at Strickland's. That should tell you everything you need to know about this amazing company.
Pros
Great training, clear process, lot's of opportunity, great environment
Sales
Strickland's GM in Brantford is a great place to work. Excellent training and resources to get a good handle on things. A lot of support from all ends of the dealership. The culture is great and friendly and management is very personable and willing to help. Fantastic opportunity to make a good living with hard work.
Pros
Great compensation if you work hard and smart
Great Place for Growth
This is a great place to work and has lots of opportunities for any employee who is willing to put in the effort. I started with this company in a low level admin position and in just a few short years have managed to progress to Office Manager. Everybody here is super friendly and really helpful. Stricklands is definitely a family culture. I love coming to work every day as each day holds a different challenge plus I work with a great bunch people!
Good place to work, you will get out what you put in.
Is it perfect, no, but what job is. At Strickland's you will be treated fairly and with respect. If you show up at work to work, you will be recognised. There are days when management can be painful, but most times its due because people are not doing their jobs. The job can be very stressful, but when your the only high volume GM store in the area, it is to be expected. Overall, great place to work, and very competitive wages if your willing to work for them,
Pros
Good pay, Free dinners and weekend breakfasts, open door policy
Cons
Can have long hours, very stressful at times
Overall Good Place to Work
I have a fantastic, hard-working team.

Often we are asked to accomplish highly unrealistic goals.

The hours can be long and some highly stressful days can leave you completely mentally drained.

The work environment can be challenging at times.

No definite system set up for scheduled raises/bonuses, etc. There should be some form of system where employees are scheduled for a review to see what direction to go in order to attain a pay increase or bonus, whatever it may be.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Long hours, unrealistic expectations