Stream Employee Reviews

great job
CALL CENTRE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS30 October 2014
answering calls , offering assistance to answer and questions i may have answers too, and if unable to troubleshoot or perform request of customer, directing to appropriate departments for assistance requested.
Pros
sitting at computer all day
Cons
very fast paced and noisy
Working for Roger's
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 August 2014
Typical day at Convergy's working on Roger's contract is ok until you get nasty calls from Customer's screaming at you about their bill being to high and that you are the one responsible for the price increase, and the odd time using foul language towards you. I have learned to be extremely patient more that I already am since I do have children, with talking to very upset customer's. Management is very interactive with sales and offering incentive's. The hardest part of the job is holding your tongue with the customer's because they are yelling at you when your just in billing to explain the bill and add or remove services. The most enjoyable part is when you do activate new services the prizes you have a chance to win, and you do get a lot of customer's that you can joke with.
Pros
Prize insentive's
Cons
Nasty Customer's
The most enjoyable part of this job
Customer Service/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 July 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with a close group of people and also helping our customers with their technical support issues and helping anyway that I could.
It
Internet Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 July 2014
• Responsible for handling inbound technical support calls within a large Call Center environment.
• Ensure customers receive technical support required in a professional and service oriented manner.
• Utilize the ability to handle irrate customers, troubleshoot, diagnose and problem solve.
• Work within a strong team environment and help to attain individual as well as group goals.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
GReat place with indoor cafeteria
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2014
It's just your typical call centre environment. Computers and half desks everywhere. I've learnt that Canada does have a fair share of interesting people. Management is fun and does know how to have fun. Co-workers are the usual. Some like you some don't. Can't please everyone. Hardest part is trying to get through an irate phone call. The best part is lunch. Forgot it at home? Got cash? They have an indoor caf. Also, across the street is a corner store and pizza shop
Pros
Cafetaria
Cons
Long days sometimes
Good hours
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 May 2014
Amazing supervisor and trainer. Hardest part is high turn over and very quick advancement
Good support system, and fast paced
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 March 2014
I learned about new software programs and how to deescalate situations with customer. My co-workers were very friendly and they were a very good support system because of the stresses of working in a call centre. I believe that the hardest part of the job was all the talking on the phone. The most enjoyable part would have been the new experiences that I got to deal with that I have never experienced before.
It is what it is
Technical Support Professional II Supported (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC8 March 2014
For a call center environment, it's exactly what you expect.
There are some office politics as with any work place, it doesn't take too long to see them.

Majority of the manager a good friends inside and outside of work.
However with that said I found many of them to be nice and helpful for career advancement. That is not the case with all of the team managers however.

Training was dull, over extended and not exactly organized.
Co-workers were great.

Most enjoyable part was a few good team managers and co-workers
Hardest part - Smiling during training and polices / decisions that make no sense.
Pros
Professional Company - Regular pay cheques
Cons
Low wages, uncertaintity of advancement opportities.
Productive Environment. Good Team Members
Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 February 2014
Stream was a good place to work. Good pay and good benefits.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Rude Management
co workers are fun to be around
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 January 2014
I would managed complaints from head office. The hardest part of the job is telling someone that I am unable to do what they are asking for. I learned how to defuse the situation and make an angry customer happy. The management seemed to be very poor. The would treat you like a number and would not listen to what you would have to say.
Customer Service Rep.
Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2014
a typical day is answering phones and dealing with customer complaints, taking payments reviewing phone plans, changing plans, and adding new services and new products to customers account.
Learned how to deal with most customers and the different aspects of the job.
Team managers are all very nice and always there to help you.
All the people I work with are very nice and we all help each other.
Although staff turn over is very high.
The hardest part of the job is customers who call in and yell and scream at you and blame you for something that is out of your control.
I enjoy going to work because of the people I work with.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
9 and 10 hour shifts all the time
stream was ok
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  chilliwack, bc17 January 2014
theirs not to much i can say about my time working at stream. i thought it was ok but it wasnt the job for me, i had to leave leave for stress.
Csr
Tech support for Time Warner Cable (Former Employee) –  Saint John nb6 November 2013
This job was to fix people cable internet
Fix Email accounts
Fix the internet browser
Good job, great people, short employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 November 2013
I enjoyed working reception at Stream. They would always have fun tasks for me to do. On a typical day I would make business cards, spreadsheets, labels and / or signs, order office supplies, answer calls, take messages, do faxing, filing, organize pay stubs for over 200 employees, request P.O. numbers, and receive and / or send out mail and packages. I was always very busy, but it made the day go by fast.
My co-workers were great! I was constantly dealing with multiple employees, most all of them were pleasant and friendly. Other staff always made me feel comfortable, important and complimented me often on my good work. I felt appreciated.
Pros
Great benifits, great co-workers
Cons
Company closed
team work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS3 November 2013
great supervicers, team work, providing customer service was the best part.
Pros
fun account
it was a good job
call centre (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS7 October 2013
i liked working at stream poeple were nice i worked alot and the pay was good just not the job for me
Pros
friendly poeple
The Place I Work
Top sales person (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 September 2013
Working here is fine. It can be stressful at times, however it gives you the opportunity to practice problem solving skills and people skills.
Pros
Decent hours. good people to work with
great people and atmosphere
dell tech (Current Employee) –  NS21 August 2013
The day starts with greeting everyone when I come to work.I learned that I cant do any task that is assigned to me. All managers on dell are great.I get along well with my manager and my co-workers.The hardest part of my job is when my data base goes down and have no information to do my job.best part of the job is talking to people and assisting techs with fixing computers.
Pros
great enviroment to work
Cons
working with tools that do not work
Productive and inviting, comfoting and accomodating.
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 August 2013
Stream is a great company to work for. Everyone there is really nice and accepting. They are all willing to help no matter what it takes and are mainly focused on helping you get better at your job.
Pros
Nice people and many breaks with long shifts.
Cons
Angry customers, long days
Would never recommend working there.
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 May 2013
Long hours. No job security. Management was poorly trained. Co-workers were rude, abrasive and foul. Customers were not understanding at all, wanted things for free.
Pros
No real pros about working here.
Cons
Everything.