Stratosphere Quality

Stratosphere Quality Employee Reviews

Canada58 reviews

Just a Job! nothing more!

I would say, for the first days of living in a new country this place seems nice. they offer you a full-time job but the payment is toooooo low. If you are only in the market to just be recruited somewhere, I recommend this place. otherwise, learning opportunities and advancement, especially financially is like an illusion. Nice co-workers. Nice management/ supervisors in most cases. it worth working for only a few months...meanwhile it is better for you to search for more specialized fields and pertinent opportunities.

Pros

title of job and full-time offer

Cons

physically demanding. not much of recognition for your efforts. no benefit is offered.

Hours

The job hours are not fixed. Basically there is no job security. People will get to know their job timing a day before their actual shift. And there is no guarantee that they have shift the next day. Not recommended as there is no professional environment.

Pros

Paid breaks

Official response from Stratosphere Quality

3 June 2021
Thank you for being a part of our team, we appreciate the feedback that you have provided us. We are currently working on solutions to streamline our scheduling processes. Stratosphere Quality has recently invested in technology that will be able to provide you with your work schedule ahead of time to the best of our ability.If you wish to provide further feedback or need more information, please reach out to me at amcdonald@stratospherequality.com. Have a great day!

Productive and fun

This company is not bad, but pays less. Amount of work you get is directly proportional to the rapport with the manager. If you dont get enough work you can not get enough money

Pros

different site locations

Cons

lunch hour is not paid

Official response from Stratosphere Quality

21 September 2020
Thank you for being a part of our team and taking the time to share your feedback. I will make your review available to our management team in effort to continue to improve, we are actively working on changes to become a better employer.If you wish to provide further feedback, please reach out to me at amcdonald@stratospherequality.com. Have a great day!

Fair

Overall good Everything good sometimes coworkers or spoons make it worst i enjoyed working there but some staff members are spoons.my supervisor was good.

Quality Assurance Inspector

Man's world where they "tolerate" women. Little to no training if you're lucky. Management is a joke. Ridiculously poor pay for the demands and expectations put upon you. If you don't mind being a "full time" employee minus the full time hours and necessity to basically be on call go for it.

Pros

Most coworkers are friendly and helpful

Cons

Poor management at all levels, internal promotions are geared toward the male employees first and foremost.

Fun, network, and grow

A typical day at stratosphere quality is easy involves simple visual quality inspections, sometimes you have to use jigs, depending on the product and client. The company offers a flexible schedule, great work, and life balance, however, I don't think they offer good compensation. Some of my colleagues have complained about difficult working conditions. I also got an opportunity to quality check high-end quality products with reputed auto-manufacturers in Canada.

don't do it

It's not worth it revolving door or temps coming and going. Your left with no supervision. If your good at your job you go nowhere in the company, the supervisors aren't properly trained.

Terrible Company

Worst Company I have ever worked for. Zero sense of job security, more of a temp agency and you are expected to be on call 24/7. Terrible Management with next to no communication. Only Management gets benefits and takes forever to build vacation time in order to use it. They do not care about their employees.

Stratosphere quality

I like working for stratosphere they were easy going and accommodating. The only thing I would like to see is raises and benifits which they Do not offer. The starting wage is great also

Good work but no hours

Cant hold customrs so there is no hours. This is not a full time job. Even with the few job sites they have. This company will not allow any over time.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Stratosphere Quality?

Don't work for this company they have violated the labor laws ignored a labored order they will rip you off for your pay they have no respect for our Canadian labor laws

Overall, I'd recommend SQ.

The experience was professional and rewarding. All in all, a solid company to work for. Various job sites relieve the monotony of going to work at the same address every day.

I’m happy with Stratosphere Quality

The rotation shift is the challenge. If you have no problems to work different shifts every two weeks you will be fine. To drive around close townships for inspections also is another challenge, including driving late at night after a long shift of work. Have a young team of inspectors requires you to be closer to them and make sure they follow all procedures.

Stressful work and envirenment

I was not happy there and not suggest others to work there. You have to work like machine with no rest and they are always unhappy. Poor managing system.

This Company is a Joke

Poor Management orr No management at all in some cases. Faverorism. No support from management. Long hours. Long drives. No work/life balance. Abusive Culture of employees. No Job security. Stay away from this company.

Horrible place of work

Unclear instructions, no proper training. Co-workers are always excited and stressful. The place is run by favoritism and not through the way of seniority

friendly environment

you may meet some funny happy and nice guys there. repetitive tasks. so easy that somestime you may feel very very sleepy. superviser is very nice. stand on as a third party position, you feel free with no real involvement with the plant's affairs.

Great management, decent work

Very repetitive, fast-paced but easy and always stuff to be done. Management was very nice, friendly and understanding. Lots of strong smells, don't recommend if you get headaches easily, wasn't too dirty but wasn't super clean. Hardest part of the job was repetitiveness. Best part is you're allowed to listen to music and talk with your co-workers all you want as long as you're working and getting stuff done.

Inhumanized working condition

If anyone respect themselves must be avoid that company. Management has no meaning in the company. They abuse their employees and they made them to abuse each other.

Worst place to work

False advertisement over job boards in order to trap new students in to work. Once I saw a job requirement and when I enquired I was told it was only for advertisement.

Parts inspector. Wescast Wingham

Boring and tedious job. No job advancement became available and If It did the person who received promotion was not qualified. High turnover of employees especially when they were from an agency.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stratosphere Quality. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement