Strathcona Hotel Employee Reviews in Victoria, BC

Loved the staff and loved the job
Doorman/Security (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 March 2018
I worked for the Strathcona Hotel as a Doorman for a year and a half and it was one of my most memorable and enjoyable jobs I have ever held. I only left the position due to relocating to a more affordable city but if I return to the city I will be sure to reapply with the security team here and continue my time with them as I have never before had a more supportive and reliable work team before.
Pros
Great staff, discounted food from the bar, reliable schedules
Cons
It is a night job being a doorman.
Place for those who party
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 January 2018
The strath was a wonderful work place full of fun and vibrant people who all love to party! There is a great feeling of family and comunity with the building and without.
Pros
Half off lunch
Cons
Heavy plates
Great place to work!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 July 2014
I found that the staff and managers at the Strathcona Hotel to be very friendly and supportive. It is a great place to work!
Pros
staff discounts, benefits, tips
Cons
no knowlege of when you finish, busy days
Fun workplace but not very secure
Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 June 2013
I had a lot of opportunity at this establishment to develop my professional attitude and work with people on effectively satisfying our patrons. Management however, was somewhat inadequate when delivering important information. I had a lot of fun with my co-workers(managers included) but it was a job where the future possibilities were limited. I learned how to supervise effectively, work as a team, adapt to different personalities in the work place, utilize time management skills, and multi task under stressful circumstacnces. The hardest part of the job was the treatment received by drunk patrons that was often inappapropriate and dangerous at times.