Strathcona County Employee Review

View all Strathcona County reviews

temporay position
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 December 2012
It was ok not really enough hours however and a lot of split shifts

Other Strathcona County Employee Reviews

A supportive work place, but know what you are getting into.
Recreation Attendant (paid) (Former Employee) –  KLC and EHLC31 March 2018
I have had 2 jobs with the County now, and I have had very different experiences with both. The first was as a program instructor for summer camps, and the work was what I expected: running summer camps for children ages 7-12. The management, however, was not good. The other job I had was as a facility attendant was not what I expected it to be. Based on the job posting, I was to set up rooms for birthday parties/bookings and to ensure that the parties/bookings would run smoothly. After getting the job and going through a 3 month training period, I learned that I was not doing what the posting said, but I was a janitor. Long story short, make sure you know what you are getting into when you go to the interviews and if you accept a job.
Gained Responsibility and Leadership Skills at Summer Camps
Leader in Training (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 February 2018
Strathcona County provided an outstanding commitment to empower youth and give them a sense of responsibility while enjoying their summer too. The days seemed long but went by a lot quicker than I expected. Very chaotic workplace making you think on your feet and never get bored. I loved instructing and teaching kids new and old games and playing them as well.
Pros
Became a leader
Cons
Lacked a strong management team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strathcona County. Our community is ready to answer.

Strathcona County Reviews by Location