Strathcona County Employee Review

View all Strathcona County reviews

poor employee culture
no way (Current Employee) –  County6 September 2013
If your looking for long term career choice look elsewhere. Backstabbing and undermining and harrassment is fully supported by management.
Pros
benefits but you can get that anywhere
Cons
staff and management

Other Strathcona County Employee Reviews

A supportive work place, but know what you are getting into.
Recreation Attendant (paid) (Former Employee) –  KLC and EHLC31 March 2018
I have had 2 jobs with the County now, and I have had very different experiences with both. The first was as a program instructor for summer camps, and the work was what I expected: running summer camps for children ages 7-12. The management, however, was not good. The other job I had was as a facility attendant was not what I expected it to be. Based on the job posting, I was to set up rooms for birthday parties/bookings and to ensure that the parties/bookings would run smoothly. After getting the job and going through a 3 month training period, I learned that I was not doing what the posting said, but I was a janitor. Long story short, make sure you know what you are getting into when you go to the interviews and if you accept a job.
Gained Responsibility and Leadership Skills at Summer Camps
Leader in Training (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 February 2018
Strathcona County provided an outstanding commitment to empower youth and give them a sense of responsibility while enjoying their summer too. The days seemed long but went by a lot quicker than I expected. Very chaotic workplace making you think on your feet and never get bored. I loved instructing and teaching kids new and old games and playing them as well.
Pros
Became a leader
Cons
Lacked a strong management team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strathcona County. Our community is ready to answer.

Strathcona County Reviews by Location