STRABAG Employee Reviews

Good place to work, excellent team environment.
TOWER/MOBILE CRANE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 May 2017
The job I currently possess is one that I enjoy very much. I have always run equipment and continue to do so and learn something new every day. Safety is first and foremost and that type of environment is encouraged and taught. Also, teamwork and communication skills are positive and ongoing.

Company recognizes goals set and accomplished and, for example, rewards workers with company barbecues to show their appreciation.
Pros
Good company and benefits.
maintaing of all equipment on job site
Tunnel /Shop Maintenance Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 January 2017
I start off in the day reporting to the maintenance foreman, I then pick up the list of jobs for the day. This could be anything from pump repairs, to gen sets, changing oil on equipment, and prevented maintenance.
Pros
Learning somthing new everyday.
Cons
hot days
Strabag is a work place with many challenges and opportunities worldwide.
Equipment Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 December 2016
Strabag is a work place with many challenges and opportunities worldwide. With hard work and team support you can find yourself in all types of work environments with opportunities worldwide.
Relaxing job, but with lots of responsiblities.
Tunnel Safety Monitor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON27 April 2015
Signing in. Make sure that workers sign in with Tag ID and transponders. Monitor tunnel for any other visitors and activity in tunnel. Hardest part of job was just sitting around and cold shed. Most enjoyable part of day was greeting co-workers. I learned about being more responsible because it was a job where workers could get injured.
Pros
A very relaxing job.
Cons
Working in a shed without a heater and long hours(12).
colombian Company
general Labour (Pipe Extender) (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON2 February 2015
Great projects, great people lots of learning. Good managment people with lots of experience, great place to start a career. Opportunity to grow as a professional.
Pros
Team was exceptional
Cons
pay
excellent company to work for.
TBM Mechanical Foreman (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON16 March 2014
i started working for Strabag 2 years ago, and I have learned lot. facing different challenges everyday only added more knowledge and experience to my working career. I have learned to drive tbm as well as I troubleshoot and solved various issues. I am very lucky to have really awesome crew of people working with me. and I have really skilled mechanics working for me.
fair company to work for
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 February 2014
management seem to work against each other to show who is better than the other.
Glad to be out
concrete bulkhead carpenter (Former Employee) –  niagara falls8 November 2013
Little or no regard for saftey. Push, push, push..taking short cuts and handing out pay offs for health and saftey/quality control inspections to turn a blind eye. Yikes!
Pros
great money, lots of hours
Cons
probably will end up with cancer, money is no good when you're dead
A great run
Truck and Coach Technician (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON7 October 2013
Repair and maintenance on a wide spectrum of equipment and vehicles above and below ground
Good Company and workers to work with.
Truck driver / equipment operator/ labour (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 September 2013
Start the day with a safety talk with on going projects and new. Check over the equipment and report any problems.
Management and co works are hard workers. Looking to get projects done in a safe manner to dead lines.
no family time
Maintenance Millwright TBM Expert, TBM Forman (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 June 2013
lots of work but over all i had a good time money is good they dont care about you or your life just want to work you in the ground but the money was great and i came everyday
Pros
work experiance
Cons
lond hours
Good and Professional workplace
Construction and Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 November 2012
Cunstruction and Maintanence of all kind of electrical equipment on and underground.
Good planes work.
Nice and friendly co-workers
The hardest part of the job is up to 70 hours weekly
Every day new progects are most enjoyble and interesting part of a job.
good
Survey Engineer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 October 2012
good pay. 60 hours per week. two weeks vocation per year. no benefit.