Storm Internet Services Employee Review

View all Storm Internet Services reviews

Typical Daily Schedule
Wireless Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 November 2015
Schedule would change daily depending on priorities and impact to customer services. Travelling in rural areas could be challenging. We worked with teams and unfortunately there was not alot of uniformity so that presented challenges. It was very physical at times although I spent more time doing ground work and programming nodes/sectors/switches and a variety of 900/2.4 or 5 GHz radios.
I get along with everyone and providing excellent customer service and documentation.
Pros
Different challenges daily
Cons
Long Hours and travel

Other Storm Internet Services Employee Reviews

A day in the life at Storm Internet Services
Customer Service Rep (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 July 2014
I was responsible for inbound and also outbound calls for the duration of my shift. From time to time there would be side projects that would require me to go off the phones. These side projects were a lot of fun, I would be required to learn new skills and work people in other departments of the company. This was also an opportunity to learn different aspects of the company which allowed me to gain further appreciation for the organisation that goes in making Storm work.

The calls I took in varied from internet issues, for example they can not get online, their email was not working, they had questions about their website, billing concerns, interest in becoming a new Storm client, scheduling various appointments and a variety of other concerns, questions and even for a client to give praise to the efforts of the company.

The clients at Storm ranged in age, backgrounds and levels of comfort with technology. I appreciated very much that Storm never put pressure on timing or method of solving the issue at hand.

Storm's team environment is excellent. Within a given department the teamwork is a key component to the success of the company. Their passion for costumer service is great. The communication between departments is strong as well. When I first was hired to Storm, this teamwork and communication allowed me to very quickly use the skills I had to solve issues, learn new aspects required for the position and functionally apply various methods of communication through speaking to my co workers, speaking to clients and even using our internal chat system when speaking
  more... was not an option.

I learned to be comfortable taking in phone calls. I was able to apply empathy for the clients which allowed me to deescalate a frustrated client and allowed me to have an extremely high success rate at solving issues the first time they called in.

I learned valuable computer skills that range from networking, email, regaining a connection and how to learn very quickly new applications necessary for the company to run.

The most enjoyable part of this position was the teamwork, friendships and compassion displayed every single day by the people I was able to work with.

The hardest part of the job was at times trying to solve an issue that was not as common. As well, for me I found it hard when I was not able to solve an issue for the client. Sometimes equipment fails and hands on help is required. Phone support in those situations is met with passing it onto the departments for further analysis or to schedule a house visit from the field team.

I took a lot of pride in helping people and I look forward to doing so in my next challenge.
Pros
Benefits, colleagues, environment
Cons
Pay was low and no room for advancement