StorageVault Canada Inc

StorageVault Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Canada51 reviews
Was a decent place to work. Fellow employees were nice people, salary was reasonable, but middle manager had a bad attitude. He hired and fired six people that worked directly with him in the 6 months I was there. I was dismissed without being given a valid reason, just two months after my benefits kicked in and I was not reimbursed for my payment into the plan, even though I had not used any of the benefits yet.
Pros
Employee pot luck lunches quite frequently. Decent work hours.
Cons
Poor attitude from middle manager.
Worst management I have ever worked for. If u have someone known in company it’s perfect otherwise they will just write off or fire you for doing same stuff they are doing. Don’t apply to this job cz it’s worst
This company will fire their best employees but will keep the slackers and those causing problems. It's all about sales. They don't care about the clients nor the case managers that has to pick up the pieces and fix the problem that the employees created. They have a 2 year turnaround.
opening the store. calling back customers and making reservations, payments, calling for customers late on payment. along with other daily tasks.
my coworkers were amazing people we would always help and grow from each other. spending 8 hours a day with someone gives you time to get to know each other.

most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to talk with customers and getting to make business relationships.
Advancement non existence
Salary is not to par

You are a collection agent

No support from higher ups

Not a healthy environment mentally

The rent on units raise more then 10% every 8 months

I would not recommend working for this company
Access Storage is a fantastic company with great leadership. There are tonnes of opportunities for growth and mentorship. if you have a great idea, no one will turn it down.
Management is poorly trained ..they are unapproacable because they are overworked they are unhappy which reflects on the rest of their staff.
Not many last high turnover.

Scheduling is crazy hours.

No calling in sick..
Worked at the company for over a year and was promoted to site manager. The promotion isn't really a promotion, a slight increase in pay, have to take site phone with you and answer after-hours calls but not get paid for it. Often things are blamed on you that are not in your control ( The actual structural integrity of the storage units). If you need a job this job is great because of the hours, but this is not a place where you can advance.
There's room to grow and become a manager, but you have to go above and beyond your job role and pay grade daily. If management is not something you are interested in, then simply show up, do what you're supposed to and get your paycheck bi-weekly.
Location where I work is awesome. My regional manager and my colleague are the reason I love coming to work. The maintenance guys are awesome and fun to have around. All in all we get along with staff and other sites. Whenever we need a day off, our boss is very flexible and caring about our request.
This company is making its money off of Alberta's lower income families and holding items at ransom for late fees no one can afford. Just like a Money Mart. They fix the system to raise the rates with all storage providers nationally by holding a conference to teach other businesses how to take from the poor. They boast about taking poor peoples items and auctioning them off to staff , taking abandoned garbage items and placing them into staged storage units for auction as if it was a clients and had value. The staff are amazing people who care and try to make your experience a good one, but the share holders who own these companies pay less than minimum wage and expect too much from them for hours worked and expectation of duties. Cowboy company with no ethics or care of clients or customers. If you have no soul and want to work like a slave for no money call these guys.
Horrible since Day 1. They make you go through a grueling intensive 2 month training program, and its 4 weeks before you even get to work the front desk. You are scripted on exactly what to say..and are forced to harass people to get storage. Job security and work ethic are zilch. It's all about the $$$. Was fired after 3 months for no reason other than I wasn't a good fit for the company...right before Christmas..what a joke. Please don't apply here. You will regret it!!
Most of these reviews are fake. As former employee I can say I doubt any of these reviews are actually verifiable. Turnover is over 100% in Edmonton every year. Bad company to work for. No room for promotion, no HR if issues arise, benefits are poor, salary is poor, when working then raided/reviewed by several Provincial agencies for violations.
Micromanaged to the point where even a sign stating where the bathroom was has to be approved by several managers in head office. I cannot articulate how awful this company is. Stay away. Faaaaaar away..
I was abused on a near daily basis by customers and the management never protected me from further harassment by clients. They allowed unsafe work environments. they gouge their clients of money by raising rental rates about 2-3 times/ year. head office has unreal expectations of their sites and withhold quarterly bonus' if you dont meet their numbers.

I saw many good staff walk out as the pay was not enough, management was terrible, abuse was rampant.
Their rent is due every 4 weeks- not every month. That translates into 13 payments a year.
If client falls behind on payment they will not accept a partial payment- causing a lot of clients to fall further behind.
I worked here for a little while, but from day one all you heard was negativity towards management and management negativity of employees. Very top heavy company, meaning to many managers who have no idea on how to manage. Managers always looked down on staff, you may get lucky and be the flavour of the month but that doesn't last long.

This company would be in trouble if examined by CRA, Many strange ways money gets moved around in this company. Senior management is corrupt, untrustworthy and think they are best people on the earth. That's wording it nicely.
I find a lot micromanaging happens here. Management doesn’t care about how many hours or efforts you put into your work. There is no encouragement from them and no advancement.
Work is fairly easy if you’re good at talking to people. But don’t think that this will be your career.

Colleagues are the best and that is the only thing you’ll like here.
This place sucks unorganized manager ridiculous no sense of direction, rude disrespectful, mistreats staff, always upset every morning always angry then takes it out on staff, best advice don't work here, If you want to be happy
Management need to do better in all aspects of this company starting with salary the staff are way too under paid for a heavy workload day in and day out,way to many updates.
Interesting enough job. You get to meet a wide variety of people which keeps things interesting. Upper management is very well organized and always willing to help. That said, you are on-call 24/7 which makes work/life balance difficult. Definitely not worth the minimum wage salary.