Stongs Market Employee Reviews

Worst company I have ever worked for
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 November 2018
Poorly managed, never appreciated employees - cared more about corporate greed. Gave poor direction and communication to department managers and expected department managers to manage a second location with the same wage, which led to all department managers quitting within a year of working for the company - which says something! Everyone I know that worked for the company hated their jobs and said they would never go back, the workplace was so toxic. The hardest part of my job was never being appreciated for all the hard work I did building my department and increasing sales. The only thing I learned is how NOT to run a business.
Pros
Union based - job security
Cons
High turn over
Overrated and unappreciated
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 September 2018
Understaffed, under trained, high stress and more expectations then your job title is stated. The reviews on here I belief have been fabricated as this place is anything but a stop to your next job. The appearance from the outside looks put together but once you start working there you will see a different picture. Request of days off are frequently forgotten, posting of schedules are last minute. The environment is quite toxic with a an extremely high turn over, with the only people starting are staff that are bitter and stuck there due to high wages on old union contracts, most people are hired and unaware of there rights as a union member and the employer constantly has to be reminded.
Pros
10% off after $50 spent
Cons
Little advancement, no benefits for new hires.
Great wage , good benifits .supportive upper Management
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 August 2018
Great place to work lots of support from upper management .the wage was great and the benefits where good . Over all love working there .The staff there where a great bunch of people enjoyed everyday I went to work .
Pros
great people there
Overall great experience for a student
Produce & Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 March 2018
Great first job! It was a good introduction into the working industry. Learned customer service skills, organization and time management. Also working as a team with great co-workers! The hardest part of the job was working with tough customers. Best part was seeing the smiling faces of satisfied customers.
Pros
Christmas Party, workplace culture
Cons
opportunities for advancement
Caring Company
DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 December 2017
This company cared about their employees. The management was very understanding and helpful. Everyone was nice and it was a great environment to work.
very productive to work in their environment/fun to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 March 2016
my co workers is great as well the environment to work at.. the customers ]were friendly as well, but sad I cant work for them for long..if they want me I love to work for them again.