Stonehenge Therapeutic Community

Stonehenge Therapeutic Community Job security & advancement reviews

STC has increased the salary of all workers to a more liveable wage over the past year, prior to this there was a high turnover rate. You are greatly supported by your peers and upper management in this fast-paced environment (at times) where you are constantly learning. I've been here for over 2 years in multiple roles and there are many opportunities for growth from many part-time to full-time positions that open up as well as many trainings paid for by the organization.
Pros
Staff support, training opportunities, career growth
Cons
Fast paced high intensity environment
Working at STC has been amazing. There are so many opportunities for advancement, exploring different roles, trainings, workshops, and overall learning opportunities. While some days can be challenging due to the nature of the work, I can feel myself constantly growing personally and professionally.
Official response from Stonehenge Therapeutic Community
10 December 2019
Thank you for your comment! We are proud of the many personal and professional development opportunities Stonehenge provides. We encourage you to continue to connect with your Supervisor if you need additional support to reach your development goals.
I am a current employee of STC and my experience as a whole has been very rewarding. The work culture is healthy and there is a high level of support from both colleagues and management. STC offers their employees the opportunity to learn through a variety of on-going training and one-on-one supervision. It is a rewarding experience to work with individuals with complex and challenging needs.
Pros
Management, Training, Staff Environment
I currently work in the community section of STC. Although there has been quite a bit of turnover, the management have been reassuring and work diligently to ensure the impact on staff is as minimal as possible. Management encourages a healthy work/life balance by requesting all work related devices be turned off at the end of the day. The hours (in my role) are flexible to accommodate our personal lives (within reason). I feel supported by management and know that all levels of management are there to discuss matters as they come up. There is also scheduled supervision to ensure the staff have dedicated time with the supervisor. The opportunities for advancement within the agency are hit and miss, but when I expressed an interest in building my skills to one day work in management, my managers were not only happy to help but excited. As someone who has been in an agency before that doesn't want to develop their staff for fears of them moving on, this was refreshing. There are also ample opportunities for professional development and continued learning. My experience with STC has been nothing short of amazing. I would highly recommend giving the community side of STC a chance. The job is hard, that's the nature of it. It's stressful and frustrating at times. It is also rewarding and a wonderful opportunity to experience working with some very complex individuals, as well as many amazing service provides throughout the region.
Pros
Supportive management, wonderful team members, professional development, no mandatory overtime
Cons
Wages, staff turn over