Stonehenge Therapeutic Community logo
Stonehenge Therapeutic Community

Stonehenge Therapeutic Community Employee Reviews in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 14 reviews

STC Community Position Review

I currently work in the community section of STC. Although there has been quite a bit of turnover, the management have been reassuring and work diligently to ensure the impact on staff is as minimal as possible. Management encourages a healthy work/life balance by requesting all work related devices be turned off at the end of the day. The hours (in my role) are flexible to accommodate our personal lives (within reason). I feel supported by management and know that all levels of management are there to discuss matters as they come up. There is also scheduled supervision to ensure the staff have dedicated time with the supervisor. The opportunities for advancement within the agency are hit and miss, but when I expressed an interest in building my skills to one day work in management, my managers were not only happy to help but excited. As someone who has been in an agency before that doesn't want to develop their staff for fears of them moving on, this was refreshing. There are also ample opportunities for professional development and continued learning. My experience with STC has been nothing short of amazing. I would highly recommend giving the community side of STC a chance. The job is hard, that's the nature of it. It's stressful and frustrating at times. It is also rewarding and a wonderful opportunity to experience working with some very complex individuals, as well as many amazing service provides throughout the region.

Pros

Supportive management, wonderful team members, professional development, no mandatory overtime

Cons

Wages, staff turn over

Jobs at Stonehenge Therapeutic Community