Stonehenge Therapeutic Community logo
Stonehenge Therapeutic Community
View all Stonehenge Therapeutic Community reviews

Stonehenge Therapeutic Community

Stonehenge Therapeutic Community Employee Review

Work is great - management is poor

This facility chews up employees. The turnover is very very high. Most of the senior staff are young and inexperienced and are themselves overworked. The part time staff are overworked to the point of exhaustion. The good staff end up quitting soon after being hired because they get burned out. Instead of being appreciated, the staff who put in the most are heavily scrutinized. The therapists approach the facility as a therapeutic community, but the management approach the facility as a halfway house which is very confusing for clients and staff. If you choose to work here, because the work itself is challenging and very rewarding, I would recommend only working as little as possible. Gain the experience but remain distant. Don't bother getting to know your coworkers because chances are they won't be there next week.

Pros

Experience building, learning opportunities

Cons

Work schedule, management, culture

1.0Job security/advancement

Official response from Stonehenge Therapeutic Community

20 February 2019
Hello, thank you for your comment. We agree that when we are short staffed, it can put additional pressure on our staff teams. We are grateful for the dedication our staff team shows by working extra hours. Our Leadership team is working hard to restore the balance by expanding our staff teams, and increasing the amount of vacation/time off our part time staff have access to. If you would like to share any further insights, please feel free to confidentially email us at hr@stonehengetc.com.

Same roleSame location

Great Improvement in the Past Year

STC has increased the salary of all workers to a more liveable wage over the past year, prior to this there was a high turnover rate. You are greatly supported by your peers and upper management in this fast-paced environment (at times) where you are constantly learning. I've been here for over 2 years in multiple roles and there are many opportunities for growth from many part-time to full-time positions that open up as well as many trainings paid for by the organization.

Pros

Staff support, training opportunities, career growth

Cons

Fast paced high intensity environment
Same roleSame location

Great place to gain valuable skills and experience!

Stonehenge Therapeutic Community is filled with supportive, compassionate, and understanding employees and management team. Employee's mental health/well-being is a PRIORITY and is acknowledged. Stonehenge is continuously providing/offering paid Professional Development opportunities for employees, and is flexible with employee's scheduling needs. Stonehenge provides a great amount of experience working in both Residential and Community settings, and even has benefit plans put in place for part-time employees. Overall, a supportive, refreshing environment to work in, with some of the most understanding and compassionate employees.

Pros

Free/paid meals, on-site parking, opportunity to "move up" in roles within the agency, flexible scheduling
Same location

Criminally underpaid, high turnover

Stonehenge says “As an agency, we strive to show our appreciation in many ways. We provide above average vacation entitlements, employee benefits for many roles (including for some part time roles and overnight staff), paid training opportunities and more.”. The high turnover rate should come as no surprise as beginner community staff make less that 30k a year to support clients and manage crises. It is apparent that staff are worth less than 23.00 an hour and it took leaving the company to realize that. I am not the only staff who had to work multiple jobs to be able to pay rent. If you really care about your staff, show them you appreciate them by paying them what they are worth.

Pros

Coworkers are wonderful

Cons

Difficult work for little pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stonehenge Therapeutic Community. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9