Stonehenge Therapeutic Community logo
Stonehenge Therapeutic Community
View all Stonehenge Therapeutic Community reviews

Stonehenge Therapeutic Community

Stonehenge Therapeutic Community Employee Review

Postive and healthy work environment

I am a current employee at Stonehenge Therapeutic Community and have worked there for one year. STC promotes and encourages there employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance. The work culture is healthy and positive. I feel supported by the people I work with including management. During my time at STC my knowledge has continued to expand and develop. I truly appreciate the high level of supervision that management provides to their employees. STC also offers numerous training opportunities during the work week which has really helped enhance my skills as a social worker. I feel very welcomed and appreciated by management at STC. I have been able to grow within the agency which is something that management has helped me achieve. The most difficult part about my role has been having to carry a higher caseload of clients due to staff turnover. Although, management is great at interviewing new candidates on a timely basis. Currently, this is not an issue with the SAMH team as we have a full team. The most enjoyable part of my role is working for an agency that demonstrates the same values/beliefs as my own. This is not always possible or easy to find in all work environments.

5.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Great Improvement in the Past Year

STC has increased the salary of all workers to a more liveable wage over the past year, prior to this there was a high turnover rate. You are greatly supported by your peers and upper management in this fast-paced environment (at times) where you are constantly learning. I've been here for over 2 years in multiple roles and there are many opportunities for growth from many part-time to full-time positions that open up as well as many trainings paid for by the organization.

Pros

Staff support, training opportunities, career growth

Cons

Fast paced high intensity environment
Same roleSame location

Great place to gain valuable skills and experience!

Stonehenge Therapeutic Community is filled with supportive, compassionate, and understanding employees and management team. Employee's mental health/well-being is a PRIORITY and is acknowledged. Stonehenge is continuously providing/offering paid Professional Development opportunities for employees, and is flexible with employee's scheduling needs. Stonehenge provides a great amount of experience working in both Residential and Community settings, and even has benefit plans put in place for part-time employees. Overall, a supportive, refreshing environment to work in, with some of the most understanding and compassionate employees.

Pros

Free/paid meals, on-site parking, opportunity to "move up" in roles within the agency, flexible scheduling
Same location

Criminally underpaid, high turnover

Stonehenge says “As an agency, we strive to show our appreciation in many ways. We provide above average vacation entitlements, employee benefits for many roles (including for some part time roles and overnight staff), paid training opportunities and more.”. The high turnover rate should come as no surprise as beginner community staff make less that 30k a year to support clients and manage crises. It is apparent that staff are worth less than 23.00 an hour and it took leaving the company to realize that. I am not the only staff who had to work multiple jobs to be able to pay rent. If you really care about your staff, show them you appreciate them by paying them what they are worth.

Pros

Coworkers are wonderful

Cons

Difficult work for little pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stonehenge Therapeutic Community. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.9Job security/advancement

Stonehenge Therapeutic Community Reviews by Location

• Stonehenge Therapeutic Community
  • Postive and healthy work environment