Stonehenge Therapeutic Community logo
View all Stonehenge Therapeutic Community reviews

Stonehenge Therapeutic Community

Stonehenge Therapeutic Community Employee Review

High turnover

Management cannot keep employees. They will state that its because other surrounding agencies pay better so therefore its hard to keep staff, perhaps this is a part it. Largely its because there is a terrible culture of management, if you don't fit inside the box, they kick you out. If we were motivated by money we wouldn't be here in the first place. We are motivated by positive regard and a sense of being valued as professionals.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

STC Community Position Review

I currently work in the community section of STC. Although there has been quite a bit of turnover, the management have been reassuring and work diligently to ensure the impact on staff is as minimal as possible. Management encourages a healthy work/life balance by requesting all work related devices be turned off at the end of the day. The hours (in my role) are flexible to accommodate our personal lives (within reason). I feel supported by management and know that all levels of management are there to discuss matters as they come up. There is also scheduled supervision to ensure the staff have dedicated time with the supervisor. The opportunities for advancement within the agency are hit and miss, but when I expressed an interest in building my skills to one day work in management, my managers were not only happy to help but excited. As someone who has been in an agency before that doesn't want to develop their staff for fears of them moving on, this was refreshing. There are also ample opportunities for professional development and continued learning. My experience with STC has been nothing short of amazing. I would highly recommend giving the community side of STC a chance. The job is hard, that's the nature of it. It's stressful and frustrating at times. It is also rewarding and a wonderful opportunity to experience working with some very complex individuals, as well as many amazing service provides throughout the region.

Pros

Supportive management, wonderful team members, professional development, no mandatory overtime

Cons

Wages, staff turn over
Same location

Criminally underpaid, high turnover

Stonehenge says “As an agency, we strive to show our appreciation in many ways. We provide above average vacation entitlements, employee benefits for many roles (including for some part time roles and overnight staff), paid training opportunities and more.”. The high turnover rate should come as no surprise as beginner community staff make less that 30k a year to support clients and manage crises. It is apparent that staff are worth less than 23.00 an hour and it took leaving the company to realize that. I am not the only staff who had to work multiple jobs to be able to pay rent. If you really care about your staff, show them you appreciate them by paying them what they are worth.

Pros

Coworkers are wonderful

Cons

Difficult work for little pay
Same location

Great Improvement in the Past Year

STC has increased the salary of all workers to a more liveable wage over the past year, prior to this there was a high turnover rate. You are greatly supported by your peers and upper management in this fast-paced environment (at times) where you are constantly learning. I've been here for over 2 years in multiple roles and there are many opportunities for growth from many part-time to full-time positions that open up as well as many trainings paid for by the organization.

Pros

Staff support, training opportunities, career growth

Cons

Fast paced high intensity environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stonehenge Therapeutic Community. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9