Stonehenge Therapeutic Community

Stonehenge Therapeutic Community Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Gained experience but divide between staff
I gained a lot of experience but felt there was an improper imbalance not only between staff and residents but between day staff and all other staff as well. Just a giant disconnect. High turnover.

Not a lot of consistency among staff and management, and very little job guidance.
26 May 2020
Our part time/weekend team is a strong team, and an important part of our Therapeutic Community, Thank you for highlighting the importance of connecting all of our staff teams - we agree! if you'd like to share any other feedback or specific suggestions please reach out directly at hr@stonehengetc.com.
Great co-workers
Great co-workers (team) and great to work with residents. Pay was not nearly enough, no benefits and no vacation. I was able to build some experience but wish I could have had a more active role in guest recovery.
10 December 2019
Thank you for your feedback, and for sharing your time with us! We agree that our staff are amazing and we appreciate everything they do to provide support to our clients on their recovery journey.

As an agency, we strive to show our appreciation in many ways. We provide above average vacation entitlements, employee benefits for many roles (including for some part time roles and overnight staff), paid training opportunities and more. If you'd like to share suggestions on how we can continue to improve the overall experience for staff, please connect with us directly at hr@stonehengetc.com
Terrible
The Residential Program is not trauma-informed, inclusive, or accessible. Staff and management do not understand power and privilege and are unable to meaningfully support residents around issues related to gender identity, race, trauma, disability, and HIV/AIDS stigma. I felt unsupported working here.
10 December 2019
We're sorry to hear that you didn't feel supported in your role. As a Therapeutic Community, we highly value staff feedback - any feedback on how we can better support our clients is welcome. Please feel free to connect with us at hr@stonehengetc.com if you would like to share specific feedback on your perspective and experience.
Full of growth and learning opportunities
Working at STC has been amazing. There are so many opportunities for advancement, exploring different roles, trainings, workshops, and overall learning opportunities. While some days can be challenging due to the nature of the work, I can feel myself constantly growing personally and professionally.
10 December 2019
Thank you for your comment! We are proud of the many personal and professional development opportunities Stonehenge provides. We encourage you to continue to connect with your Supervisor if you need additional support to reach your development goals.
high staff turnover
low pay, high turnover, poorly managed staff. favoritism rampant, day staff on a whole other level from other staff. part time staff paid barely above minimum wage.
Pros
meals
Cons
poor pay and poorly managed
Positive Community Work Environment
I am a current employee of STC and my experience as a whole has been very rewarding. The work culture is healthy and there is a high level of support from both colleagues and management.

STC offers their employees the opportunity to learn through a variety of on-going training and one-on-one supervision.

It is a rewarding experience to work with individuals with complex and challenging needs.
Pros
Management, Training, Staff Environment
Postive and healthy work environment
I am a current employee at Stonehenge Therapeutic Community and have worked there for one year. STC promotes and encourages there employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance. The work culture is healthy and positive. I feel supported by the people I work with including management.

During my time at STC my knowledge has continued to expand and develop. I truly appreciate the high level of supervision that management provides to their employees. STC also offers numerous training opportunities during the work week which has really helped enhance my skills as a social worker.

I feel very welcomed and appreciated by management at STC. I have been able to grow within the agency which is something that management has helped me achieve.

The most difficult part about my role has been having to carry a higher caseload of clients due to staff turnover. Although, management is great at interviewing new candidates on a timely basis. Currently, this is not an issue with the SAMH team as we have a full team.

The most enjoyable part of my role is working for an agency that demonstrates the same values/beliefs as my own. This is not always possible or easy to find in all work environments.
STC Community Position Review
I currently work in the community section of STC. Although there has been quite a bit of turnover, the management have been reassuring and work diligently to ensure the impact on staff is as minimal as possible.
Management encourages a healthy work/life balance by requesting all work related devices be turned off at the end of the day. The hours (in my role) are flexible to accommodate our personal lives (within reason).

I feel supported by management and know that all levels of management are there to discuss matters as they come up. There is also scheduled supervision to ensure the staff have dedicated time with the supervisor.

The opportunities for advancement within the agency are hit and miss, but when I expressed an interest in building my skills to one day work in management, my managers were not only happy to help but excited. As someone who has been in an agency before that doesn't want to develop their staff for fears of them moving on, this was refreshing.

There are also ample opportunities for professional development and continued learning.

My experience with STC has been nothing short of amazing. I would highly recommend giving the community side of STC a chance. The job is hard, that's the nature of it. It's stressful and frustrating at times. It is also rewarding and a wonderful opportunity to experience working with some very complex individuals, as well as many amazing service provides throughout the region.
Pros
Supportive management, wonderful team members, professional development, no mandatory overtime
Cons
Wages, staff turn over
Work is great - management is poor
This facility chews up employees. The turnover is very very high. Most of the senior staff are young and inexperienced and are themselves overworked. The part time staff are overworked to the point of exhaustion. The good staff end up quitting soon after being hired because they get burned out. Instead of being appreciated, the staff who put in the most are heavily scrutinized.
The therapists approach the facility as a therapeutic community, but the management approach the facility as a halfway house which is very confusing for clients and staff.

If you choose to work here, because the work itself is challenging and very rewarding, I would recommend only working as little as possible. Gain the experience but remain distant. Don't bother getting to know your coworkers because chances are they won't be there next week.
Pros
Experience building, learning opportunities
Cons
Work schedule, management, culture
20 February 2019
Hello, thank you for your comment. We agree that when we are short staffed, it can put additional pressure on our staff teams. We are grateful for the dedication our staff team shows by working extra hours. Our Leadership team is working hard to restore the balance by expanding our staff teams, and increasing the amount of vacation/time off our part time staff have access to. If you would like to share any further insights, please feel free to confidentially email us at hr@stonehengetc.com.
unhealthy work place
lacking in employee care and ability to grow an employee, do not treat employees with care but rather as replaceable and are unapproachable. Overall experience working there was poor.
15 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback - and thank you for sharing your time with us at Stonehenge! We're sorry that you didn't feel valued as a staff member. We are continually looking for ways to recognize and reward our staff teams for their hard work and dedication to our Clients. If you'd like to share more about your experience or give us more specific feedback please feel free to confidentially message us at hr@stonehengetc.com.
High turnover
Management cannot keep employees. They will state that its because other surrounding agencies pay better so therefore its hard to keep staff, perhaps this is a part it. Largely its because there is a terrible culture of management, if you don't fit inside the box, they kick you out. If we were motivated by money we wouldn't be here in the first place. We are motivated by positive regard and a sense of being valued as professionals.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stonehenge Therapeutic Community. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7