Stolk Construction

Stolk Construction Employee Reviews in Port Colborne, ON

Good place to work with a variety of projects for multi skilled tradesmen

As a General Forman I am responsible for all aspects of the job. Scheduling of manpower and materials on a daily basis as well as site specific safety protocols. I deal directly with the clients and subtrades on multiple jobs simultaneously. With a background in carpentry I work hands on with my team and find myself doing a variety of tasks. The company has sent me for various training from supervisor training, leadership training, first aid cpr and upgrades to working at hieghts and others. I have worked hard to gain the trust and respect from my PM and office management which has been rewarded with thanks and gratitude. Bonuses are given based on job performance and I believe that I'm doing a great job from the bonuses I've received. The only downfall is that some jobs can be a bit demanding or you find yourself outdoors in a variety of weather which is common in ICI construction. Overall I enjoy working here and have a good work life balance.

Pros

Steady work even through covid. Great bonuses based on job performance.

Cons

Some work can be a bit demanding at times. Outdoors in the elements on occasion.

Horrible management

This was one of the worst experiences of my life, the management here is so badly manageable and hostile, it was difficult and confrontational every day. Terrible work environment. Would not recommend

Cons

Extra long hours, long drive with no gas payout

I enjoyed the work and the coworker's.

Work was steady until layoff. Management was ok. It was a good working environment for carpenters and apprentices. Not much room for advancement in a growing industry.

A solid workplace

A solid and repetitive position with a company over many years. After some changes in the company, less consistency in providing full time working hours. Excellent coworkers and positive environment.

innovative team enviroment

In this progressive ICI construction company I was responsible for the execution of schedules. I was the onsite project coordinator responsible to document the activity, manage the change and monitor the health and safety of the sites for Stolk. This position took me across southern Ontario doing projects for an international commercial food service corporation. Working with the team at Stolk raised my level of competitive customer service, quality and on-time delivery of a projects completion.

flexible work environment

regional manager, estimating, proposals, budgets, technical writing and reviews, specification preparation, plans review, HR, coaching, mentoring, client management

Pros

flexibility, pay, benefits, clients, staff

Cons

supervision lacks integrity

Jobs at Stolk Construction