Stokes

Stokes Employee Reviews

Canada80 reviews
Management sucks for district management and higher but store managers god bless there soul. They stick up for themselves from people above them, former employees who cheat the stress leave and People who steal money from the stores.
Compagnie pro vente
Aime relever defi

Croit beaucoup en leur produits
Nice environment , very good management team , gained good experience learned more about customer service and dealing with customers. Learned lots about kitchenware
c'est un tres bon endroit de travail tres agradable
Good part time student job, helps with developing communication skills due to customer service opportunity, management was horrible, everyone quit early.
Start off with a coffee and would make my way in by 11-12 everyone was usually very friendly. It can get boring when no skids come through or business is slow
Loved my store, and I had a great team. We worked well together and complimented each other's strengths.
I have a strong support group with surrounding managers.
A typical day at work could involve many things such as customer service, stocking shelves, receiving and checking shipments and/or changing visual presentations. I learned a great many things at this job. I learned how to effectively manage my time, properly handle upset or frustrated customers, and how to step up when leadership was needed. The management at stokes was the best I have ever had, the manager knew how to play to employees strengths and encouraged employees to work on their weaknesses.
Stokes is a company grasping to balance in her productive ventures, hence, the job is really demanding for the online employees.
They need to employ full managerial skills, strategies to put things in place.
A great place to work. A small store but allows for better communication and easier learning through out the team. Wonderful place to learn the responsibilities of a store
It was nice to work somewhere slower paced. I enjoyed the people for the most part. The store is however quite crowded with the amount of unsold product around.
i really like my job at stokes! and i was planing to stay there!! but because of or new maneger a leave! i was doing more the jon of a assitente manager! and inwas only pau 11.5p! i go to school and they made me work 30h a week and when i got 1 day off i at to go in to close the store because no one els was able to to it
Vous travaillez beaucoup, vous pouvez avoir jusqu'à 11 heures de travail avec seulement 30 minutes de pause non payées.
La clientèle est plaisante et l'équipe de gestion est à l'écoute
Whenever I would walk in for my shift, I always feel like the manager and other employees would be talking about me. Even if it was about calling in or anything, always made me feel out of place and not in place with all the other employees because of how long they have been there. Mostly all older people who work here, so if you want a job where there gonna give you 3 hrs a week, be my guest!
Pros
Small store
Cons
Gossip at work
une très belle expérience qui ma permis de me developper
the working atmosphere is awesome. the manager was an amazing person who taught me everything required. the whole team has been very supportive and cooperative.
Minimum Salary, no benefits, I accepted a full time job and they gave me a part time hrs at their convenience; when I asked the person in charge to revue my contract give me the hrs they promised, I got fired.
Pros
Cons
To begging with, very often in this store people will come to still because there's litteraly a big block between the cash and the rest of the store,so when you were only two employes or one, it was impossible to stop anything if we were in a rush. Also sometimes the manager will just desapear from his shift and come back later saying he had an emergency phone. I could go on with some more bad reviews. One thing I can say, is because of the super bad management I did enjoy most shifts with collegues.
Was a great first job.. Learned how to organize and sort through inventory. Also went through cashier training too. all in all great..................
GM will try and fired you over anything she possibly can
she will set you up to get fired

fast paced work environment

great opportunity for a student who wants casual