Stock Transportation Employee Reviews

good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 July 2018
good place to work. employees and management are amazing . training is top notch, Pay is ok. can get more work with charters. not alot of advancement opportunities.
review
Office Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ON13 July 2018
A typical day at work, what you learned, management, diversity, workplace culture, hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job, life work balance.
Easy and convenient
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Sutton, ON12 June 2018
A typical day at work is arriving at 6:45 am to do my circle check which takes about 10 minutes. Then head out to you first pick up. once all children picked up take them to school. once completed you are off until its time to pick up from school and then take them to the proper stop.
Great side job
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON22 May 2018
I enjoyed working with this company as well as the team members. They provided the safety and training needed to safety transport the students to and from school.
well organized outfit!
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Haileybury, ON21 May 2018
always enjoyed working with the pupils on my route. I never had any issues with the buses I was assigned to. my route was just the right size and never too long.
Pros
good equipement
Cons
darn cold in the winter....sometimes!
N/a
Driver (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 May 2018
They have very friendly atmosphere
But because my job is a part time job, so my annually income is not enough. In other hand, my job time hours is 2 hours at morning, and 2 hours at aftenoon.
Great for a short time, not a long time.
Spare School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 May 2018
As a Spare Driver, the pressure is constant to not only maintain the highest standard of Customer Service but also be safe and "quick" at the same time.
Pros
Better pay than a regular route driver
Cons
Always feeling under the gun
productive
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  York, ON27 April 2018
A very pleasant, professional environment to work for.
Good part time job. Worked close to home. Alco chance to earn extra money from charters during the day, weekends and in the summer.
Plenty of room for advancement
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 April 2018
I worked for Stock and I enjoyed it but I had to leave because I am a single mother to 2 small school-age children. It took a toll on their sleep because I had to get up early mornings to take them with me and then take them to school right after. I highly recommend this job if your children are babies, but definitely not small school age children.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Low pay
a personable environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2018
A very pleasant, professional environment to work for and I would recommend to others. I feel the hours are suitable and would be great for young mothers or just anyone who likes to have flexibility.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Early shifts in the winter
Great Office Staff
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2018
Wonderful management, great new boss; there are many nice people who work in the office (Toronto West (in Etobicoke).) You will not make a lot of money but as long as you're a decent driver you will always have work!
Pros
In demand
Cons
Low pay, split shifts.
Super part time job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 March 2018
Pay is not that great, but the satisfaction of getting the kids to and from school out-way that. I loved the part time hours, especially have the split shift, to do what I wanted during the day
Good place to work if you enjoy being with children
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 February 2018
Early wake up! Few hours in the morning then free to do personal things. Couple of hours in the afternoon.
Monday to Friday with weekends off.
Summer off!
Charters
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 February 2018
I needed to find a job closer to home due to the company closing down and relocating further away from my home.
Enjoyed driving precious cargo to and from school
Great place to get a free license.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 February 2018
You start very early in the day, doing a split shift, and only get paid for the route that you drive from a start point to an end point. All the work, driving, checks and other work related things needed for the job are done on your own time and not paid for. Great job for retirees that like to do volunteer work as well.
Supportive company
School Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB29 January 2018
For a young and growing company, Stock Transportation surpassed my expectations ever since I started working with them. Management is open to suggestions and to communication. They accomodate driver's needs the best they can, therefore I never had to question my ability to work. The company takes pride in providing great service to maintain busses and property. I always felt confident jumping into the driver's seat each and every morning knowing that the bus will start and will run in excellent condition. Safety is very important to the company which cannot be underestimated. The monthly safety meetings were informative and reassuring at the same time. The hardest part of my job was child management on the bus. Both the school board and Stock Transportation was very supportive with any issues I might have encountered. Stock Transportation has a family feel amongst the office staff, and there is always a smile or a friendly greeting to make me feel welcomed.
Pros
Job security
Good company
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2018
I truly enjoy working for Stock Transportations. The supervisors are very nice and friendly. However, the work is only part time and there's no room for advancement.
Pros
Friendly and safe environment
Cons
No benefits or room for advancement
this job is very demanding for short periodes of day
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 January 2018
I really enjoyed driving the students but the compensation compared to the responsibility of the job was lacking. Routes frequently changed and made it difficult to plan your day
Pros
driving
Cons
low wage and short hours
Stressful, yet fun environment to work in
Support Staff/Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
Overall, Stock Transportation is a great company to work for.
Lots of flexibility during the day to accomplish household jobs, and attend appointments
Pay and Hours
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 December 2017
Pay and Hours are the main concerns as there are not enough hours to work, pay is insufficient especially for new and spare drivers. There are hardly to no benefits.
There are very many cutbacks and management is not very good as there aren't enough hours for the few office staff to sufficiently organize bus routing leaving many drivers confused as to proper stops and many safety issues arise from this.

But driving for Stock has many benefits personally as well, such as being able to meet many children, learning many new routes and schools, as well as drivers being there for each other as a whole. Learning to drive a school bus is included upon acceptance of resume and paid for by Stock. Also, after a couple of years, the opportunity to join the union comes up which gives the benefit of added hours such as first choice of field trips and shuttling. There are also positions of office work and or cleaning to fill in the hours if you so choose.

One added benefit is that you are able to park the bus at home which makes it easy to get up in the morning to pretrip and start your run from there.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stock Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.