Stock Transportation Employee Reviews

inconsevibly bad
Charter Driver (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 December 2018
the company takes on more work than it can handle which results in a lack of drivers and buses that are fit for service. bus shortages cause drivers to be late or simply not showing up to pick up students. there is no GPS or mapping software so covering routes results in large delays.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Haileybury, ON8 August 2018
I really enjoy working as a school bus driver. The staff are very nice people and easy to work for... Schedual is laid back because it's only part of the day that u work. The pay is fine. I learned alot working here such as how to be a very cautious driver...how to perform a proper pre-trip inspection... I now have the experience of doing out of town charters.
Pros
awards ceremony at the end of the school year with a free breakfast which is catered.
School Bus Driver
Large Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  York, ON2 September 2018
Profit over children. That is the sole purpose of the private sector school bus industry, with companies such as Stock. The cheapest buses, held together by the cheapest parts, put together by the cheapest mechanics and driven by the cheapest drivers.
Not a good plase to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2018
Poor managemet, the office runs because of emplyee not the managemet and the pay is very low, lots of favourations the management think this is there personal propaty.
Former employee
Lead Hand Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 November 2018
Not good plece to work at all never work for this company the managment is awful they don't know what they are doing no comen since never go there for anything
Pros
Zero
Cons
Zero
Awesome part time work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 November 2018
When my kids are off school, I am off school so it allows me down time with my kids!

Competitive wages.
Paid no-weekly.

Buses, gas and insurance provided.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Part time
Great work environment and keeps you moving
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2018
The boss was super nice and it’s a great summer job. Easy money and it was good to know that the new school year would have clean buses for the kids..
Pros
Easy
Easy and convenient
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Sutton, ON12 June 2018
A typical day at work is arriving at 6:45 am to do my circle check which takes about 10 minutes. Then head out to you first pick up. once all children picked up take them to school. once completed you are off until its time to pick up from school and then take them to the proper stop.
Plenty of room for advancement
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 April 2018
I worked for Stock and I enjoyed it but I had to leave because I am a single mother to 2 small school-age children. It took a toll on their sleep because I had to get up early mornings to take them with me and then take them to school right after. I highly recommend this job if your children are babies, but definitely not small school age children.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Low pay
review
Office Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ON13 July 2018
A typical day at work, what you learned, management, diversity, workplace culture, hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job, life work balance.
good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 July 2018
good place to work. employees and management are amazing . training is top notch, Pay is ok. can get more work with charters. not alot of advancement opportunities.
Great for a short time, not a long time.
Spare School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 May 2018
As a Spare Driver, the pressure is constant to not only maintain the highest standard of Customer Service but also be safe and "quick" at the same time.
Pros
Better pay than a regular route driver
Cons
Always feeling under the gun
well organized outfit!
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Haileybury, ON21 May 2018
always enjoyed working with the pupils on my route. I never had any issues with the buses I was assigned to. my route was just the right size and never too long.
Pros
good equipement
Cons
darn cold in the winter....sometimes!
Great side job
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON22 May 2018
I enjoyed working with this company as well as the team members. They provided the safety and training needed to safety transport the students to and from school.
N/a
Driver (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 May 2018
They have very friendly atmosphere
But because my job is a part time job, so my annually income is not enough. In other hand, my job time hours is 2 hours at morning, and 2 hours at aftenoon.
a personable environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2018
A very pleasant, professional environment to work for and I would recommend to others. I feel the hours are suitable and would be great for young mothers or just anyone who likes to have flexibility.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Early shifts in the winter
Great place to get a free license.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 February 2018
You start very early in the day, doing a split shift, and only get paid for the route that you drive from a start point to an end point. All the work, driving, checks and other work related things needed for the job are done on your own time and not paid for. Great job for retirees that like to do volunteer work as well.
productive
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  York, ON27 April 2018
A very pleasant, professional environment to work for.
Good part time job. Worked close to home. Alco chance to earn extra money from charters during the day, weekends and in the summer.
Great Office Staff
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2018
Wonderful management, great new boss; there are many nice people who work in the office (Toronto West (in Etobicoke).) You will not make a lot of money but as long as you're a decent driver you will always have work!
Pros
In demand
Cons
Low pay, split shifts.
Super part time job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 March 2018
Pay is not that great, but the satisfaction of getting the kids to and from school out-way that. I loved the part time hours, especially have the split shift, to do what I wanted during the day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stock Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.