Stock Transportation Employee Reviews

Great side job
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON22 May 2018
I enjoyed working with this company as well as the team members. They provided the safety and training needed to safety transport the students to and from school.
well organized outfit!
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Haileybury, ON21 May 2018
always enjoyed working with the pupils on my route. I never had any issues with the buses I was assigned to. my route was just the right size and never too long.
Pros
good equipement
Cons
darn cold in the winter....sometimes!
productive
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  York, ON27 April 2018
A very pleasant, professional environment to work for.
Good part time job. Worked close to home. Alco chance to earn extra money from charters during the day, weekends and in the summer.
Plenty of room for advancement
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 April 2018
I worked for Stock and I enjoyed it but I had to leave because I am a single mother to 2 small school-age children. It took a toll on their sleep because I had to get up early mornings to take them with me and then take them to school right after. I highly recommend this job if your children are babies, but definitely not small school age children.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Low pay
a personable environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2018
A very pleasant, professional environment to work for and I would recommend to others. I feel the hours are suitable and would be great for young mothers or just anyone who likes to have flexibility.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Early shifts in the winter
Super part time job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 March 2018
Pay is not that great, but the satisfaction of getting the kids to and from school out-way that. I loved the part time hours, especially have the split shift, to do what I wanted during the day
Good place to work if you enjoy being with children
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 February 2018
Early wake up! Few hours in the morning then free to do personal things. Couple of hours in the afternoon.
Monday to Friday with weekends off.
Summer off!
Charters
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 February 2018
I needed to find a job closer to home due to the company closing down and relocating further away from my home.
Enjoyed driving precious cargo to and from school
Great place to get a free license.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 February 2018
You start very early in the day, doing a split shift, and only get paid for the route that you drive from a start point to an end point. All the work, driving, checks and other work related things needed for the job are done on your own time and not paid for. Great job for retirees that like to do volunteer work as well.
Good company
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2018
I truly enjoy working for Stock Transportations. The supervisors are very nice and friendly. However, the work is only part time and there's no room for advancement.
Pros
Friendly and safe environment
Cons
No benefits or room for advancement
this job is very demanding for short periodes of day
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 January 2018
I really enjoyed driving the students but the compensation compared to the responsibility of the job was lacking. Routes frequently changed and made it difficult to plan your day
Pros
driving
Cons
low wage and short hours
Stressful, yet fun environment to work in
Support Staff/Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
Overall, Stock Transportation is a great company to work for.
Lots of flexibility during the day to accomplish household jobs, and attend appointments
Pay and Hours
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 December 2017
Pay and Hours are the main concerns as there are not enough hours to work, pay is insufficient especially for new and spare drivers. There are hardly to no benefits.
There are very many cutbacks and management is not very good as there aren't enough hours for the few office staff to sufficiently organize bus routing leaving many drivers confused as to proper stops and many safety issues arise from this.

But driving for Stock has many benefits personally as well, such as being able to meet many children, learning many new routes and schools, as well as drivers being there for each other as a whole. Learning to drive a school bus is included upon acceptance of resume and paid for by Stock. Also, after a couple of years, the opportunity to join the union comes up which gives the benefit of added hours such as first choice of field trips and shuttling. There are also positions of office work and or cleaning to fill in the hours if you so choose.

One added benefit is that you are able to park the bus at home which makes it easy to get up in the morning to pretrip and start your run from there.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
No benefits
Bus Driver Earnings
Previous Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Quebec17 November 2017
Before you get hired you have to "bid" on driving jobs so if you
want a job you better be okay with living off of $200.00 a week.
What kind of quality work are you going to get when your Bus Driver
is making the same as your paper boy?
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Flexible hours
great company
bus driver (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, ON7 November 2017
great company - well managed - excellent hours - close to home - team oriented company - great group of fellow employees - would definitely recommend working here
Great life/work balance with job security
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, NS31 October 2017
great days, with convenient hours. Love meeting the children but hardest part of the job is when the parents are not at bus stops to pick up the children. Management is understanding
Pros
Work hours
Cons
wait time until second run
Great to have time to do things between shifts.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 October 2017
Great for stay at home parent looking for med time job. Can bring your kids with you! Split shift gives you time to do things in between runs. Unfortunate that pay is low for what I consider a huge amount of responsibility. I enjoyed my time there very much and felt valued. I wish I could make much more money. I'd still be there if I could make full time $$.
Pros
Valued, doesn't take up your whole day. Don't need daycare.
Cons
Don't make much money.
Kind of hectic but overall ok experience
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 August 2017
I would recommend it for single moms who want to make some money while still having time for their children. I enjoyed driving my students to and from school, we had great interaction. I learned more about autism and had a chance to put smiles on their faces.
Pros
Good schedule for single moms or dads
Cons
I would say the traffic
A good job for a parent with young children who wants to earn a bit.
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto17 August 2017
I needed to become a more confident driver in Toronto as I was from New Brunswick and was not used to the huge traffic routes. I enjoyed working with Stock. I liked the bus drivers I came in contact with- usually drivers associated with other drivers for the same school. I do not recall meeting any management. But the company was, in my opinion, well run. The pay was extremely poor and the job involved split shifts. I needed more money and had to look elsewhere. The kids were great.
Pros
If a driver had children under school age, they could come with the driver- a person could earn money and not have to pay child care
Cons
Poor pay and split shifts-
Good hours
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB20 July 2017
Good company to drive a bus for. Stressful driving a school bus but company is a good company. Pay is standard for the job. Only work on school days, summer off, Christmas(2 weeks) off and one week for Spring Break off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stock Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.