Stock Transportation

Stock Transportation Employee Reviews

Canada195 reviews
Very challenging place to work
If everyone involved (Office staff, Drivers, School board, Teachers and PARENTS) could get on the same page and realize that we all have the same big picture goal ( Get kids to and from school safely ) everything would go a lot smoother for everyone. We all are not out to get each other and make each others lives harder but for some reason that's how it rolls out.
Parents need to STOP abusing the staff at Stock Transportation! While I worked there I answered multiple phone calls and emails where parents would tell us office staff and drivers to kill ourselves. How is that ANY way to speak to people who are transporting your children?! Get off your high horse and throw that sense of entitlement in the trash. We are all equal and we are a TEAM!

EVERYONE just needs to take a step back and have a little common sense and compassion.

There are some really incredible people who work tirelessly at Stock everyday trying to make a difference for the children in the community. If you're a parent who wants to make a difference in the community I encourage you to become a driver or an assistant with Stock transportation to help create the positive shift in the community that the KIDS need and deserve.
Great for stay at home parents and retirees
Stock is a great place to work for stay-at-home parents and retirees. Though the job can be stressful it can be very rewarding to. Safety is very important and there is continuous safety meetings license upgrading in defensive driving courses.
Helpfull and sometimes stressful. When you have problems or issues they try to help but take a lot of time in sorting it out. Delays of adding hours. Always want to get in touch when I will be driving (no phone or Bluetooth allowed for safety reasons).
Drive
I enjoyed waking up everyday to drive children to school!
They were happy to see me in the morning and after school :)

It was a good place to socialize with your co workers when you arrived at school to wait for the kids to be done

The dispatch was really good and always inform you with information we needed
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Split shifts
Feels like family
Stock provides a family feeling workplace. Always there to answer your questions and they don't make you feel like you're less than anyone else. They treat you fairly and with compassion.
Driver/Instructor
I love most things about my position. The kids, co workers. Management needs work. To much is put on one person so you can never concentrate on one thing. School admin and general public do not understand that if your child is late, it makes us late for the next child, it snowballs making more kids late. That blame then gets put on the driver, then we are asked why were late.
Everyday work
The job itself is great for individuals who want to work split shifts ( 2 hours in the morning ) and ( 2 hours in the afternoon). The pay is good however, its a part time job.
Friendly Management and good co-workers
Good retirement job for some extra income if you like dealing with children. This is a big professional company that pretty much leaves you to do your job if you do it right. Good training program.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Split days. Not enough to live on for a single person.
Not interested
I would not like to write a review about the companies I have worked for. As there is no option to not do this and a minimum of 150 words I need to write this is what you get.
Friendly staff
This is a very fast paced job which requires you to think and act on the go. It is not a sit back and relax kind of job. Always busy with one thing or another.
Long hrs Not enough pay
Great place to work ,if you can handle screaming kids ,parents who are never home to pick up their kids and a dispatcher who usually doesn’t know anything then go for it .
Fun working with children of all ages.
great part time work. must like driving in all kinds of weather in a big or small bus. training is provided great trainers and office personal to help you along. Must enjoy children and driving at the same time. Great Social club for drivers who sign up. Would like to see a group plan for dental and medical. The pay is average the work is what you make of it, like anything else it what you bring to the job that matters. Dispatch know your name and always if possible will give you a Good morning with you name to start your day off right. Yes you are not just a number they know who you are. Over 250 routes and drivers but again you can approach management at any time the door is always open to discuss and problems
Inexperienced Management
Manager was inexperienced as she was hired because she was dating the owner. Buses were old and constantly breaking down. Drivers were very old, many were retired and drove buses to keep busy.Very hard to dispatch drivers as they all had issueswith certain runs or buses or routes etc.
Good pay and hours
I am a lady of 71 and worked hard to get my bus licence and was very pleased to pass it with flying colours..dont let age stop you! Many senior drivers do well here.
Pay is good when in union $21+ helps with cost of living .
Great people, they really help you if you need a flexible schedule.
The staff are helpful and super friendly.

That's all I really have to say for now
Professional Driver
A typical day at Stock would be normal picking up and dropping students at school and home on a safe and timely manner.

the most enjoyable part is dropping the students at school on time.
Pros
lots of free time
Cons
short hours
best place to work for a mother with children
I like to work at Stock Transportation as a school bus driver. It is very convenient for me with my children. It is a part-time job and at the same time, you have more time with your children. What I learned is keeping up the schedule being on time for pick up and drop up. The hardest part of the job is the weather if it is snowing or freezing rain then it is very hard and you need to be careful. They always say Safty is very important.
great part time job
this job is great for someone looking for part-time work. it offers summers off and weekend /holidays off. the staff are great and will try to work with your needs. people are friendly
Good part-time job
• Followed the company strict, prescribed procedures picked up and dropped off special need students on time, safely and securely
It was a very good part time job.
Awesome
Relaxing to work with children and adults
I had no problems working with them.

My team mates were awesome to work with. The dispatchers were clear in relating their messages across, our Bosses were fair in their work relationships and work ethics.
great place, great people
excellent "family" type of culture. great place to work... excellent people. great management, great dispatch team, get information when required. fast responses etc…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...