Stock Transportation Ltd Employee Reviews

Great Office Staff
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2018
Wonderful management, great new boss; there are many nice people who work in the office (Toronto West (in Etobicoke).) You will not make a lot of money but as long as you're a decent driver you will always have work!
Pros
In demand
Cons
Low pay, split shifts.
Supportive company
School Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB29 January 2018
For a young and growing company, Stock Transportation surpassed my expectations ever since I started working with them. Management is open to suggestions and to communication. They accomodate driver's needs the best they can, therefore I never had to question my ability to work. The company takes pride in providing great service to maintain busses and property. I always felt confident jumping into the driver's seat each and every morning knowing that the bus will start and will run in excellent condition. Safety is very important to the company which cannot be underestimated. The monthly safety meetings were informative and reassuring at the same time. The hardest part of my job was child management on the bus. Both the school board and Stock Transportation was very supportive with any issues I might have encountered. Stock Transportation has a family feel amongst the office staff, and there is always a smile or a friendly greeting to make me feel welcomed.
Pros
Job security
ok place
School bus driver (Current Employee) –  Stouffville, ON24 October 2017
sometimes could be stressfull, but in general is ok place to work. only 3 hours a day, the rest of the day i can plan something else. need to get used to routs and then it will be fine
unorganized corporation
employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2017
title says it all. corporate is constantly cycling through employees and no one ever seems to know whats going on and when its happening therefore company policies and methods of performing jobs are constantly changing as no one from corporate seems to agree on a method. very corporate company but this location is based far away from head office so a lot of things are complicated by alberta having different laws. no perks to the job at all.
great job with kids
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON4 October 2017
training provided
great leaders and knowledge provided
safety and traiing
advancement available
flexible hours
get to drive a big bus with kids
The best part is the kids
unreliable
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2017
This company is good on the basis for stay at home mom and retired. The cons are terrible management, unpaid wages for work done, lack of maintenance on buses
great place to work.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Amherstview, ON9 April 2017
Love working at Stock. The people are easy to get along with, and the kids, well they are like my own children, they are all great we sing songs and tell jokes. Wish I could stay, but the money is the only drawback, unfortunately.
Pros
great job
Cons
low pay, not enough hours
worst place you will ever work ran out of united states
maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 February 2017
management only last two years before they are fired run out of united states biggest turn around I have ever see. in a company worst attitude and bad work environment for any employee
Pros
Cons
bad work envioment
Great part-time job
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 January 2017
Filled the gap when I found myself out of work.

The hardest part was having to do your bus inspection before dawn.

I learned that I enjoyed working with children of all ages.
Pros
Working with Kindergarten and High school students was fun.
Cons
Split Shifts. Middle School children were a challenge at times.
great place to work but pay isnt great
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON8 December 2016
great place to work, its great for parents with small children
you can bring them with you but it is not a job that will get you a dream house by any means
it does allow you to work for another employer during the day or even early enough in the evenings
great place to work
Special Needs School Bus Driver/Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 July 2016
They respected your needs and were family orientated. It was a sad day when they closed the Oakville office, I will miss them.
Pros
family orientated, great place to work
Cons
no real ability to move up in the company
Fun Workplace
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Sutton, ON1 April 2016
I received my B licensing which is cost free. Worked with some amazing co workers. Was a great job to have as a new mom its great in general if you have kids.
Pros
Summers Off/ Snow days Paid
Cons
No benifits
able to communicate with future adults and really enjoyed watching children go to school to get some education
part-time school bus driver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 September 2015
learned to speak at a faster pace than before. realised how important a smile can be to others. can go to sleep in peace knowing all the children i provide service to is safe at home.
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
nothing
very flexible job
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 August 2015
the typical day starts very early with preforming a circle check on the school bus to make sure it's safe to drive and drive your route then preform your child check then log your hours that you drived and you didn't
Pros
lot's of free time
Cons
not enough hours to be full time
Good Place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville22 July 2015
Very nice place and company with very helpful staff and management. Trainer are the best part of the job. always support you and help you. understand your personal life.
Pros
Nice Place
Student transportation company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie ON27 May 2015
This was a very challenging job with lots of expected duties. Main focus was to support the COO of the company administratively with extensive travel arrangements and calendar management. Secondary job responsibility was to the maintenance department and managing he location of their fleet as well as allocation of capital for the year.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Very little work life balance
Rewarding
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville,Ontario30 March 2015
The hardest part of the job was the day to day traffic on the roads and the weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the children I drove.
Pros
having time off when my kids were off
Cons
not enough income
Chalenging and fast pace
Shop Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 January 2015
working with mechanics and drivers is very enjoyable, typical day is full of activities ,makes day go by fast. The hardest part is to many turn overs.
Pros
Dayshift
Cons
Upper management turn over
Regular job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, on13 November 2014
driving a school bus transporting children from home to school
Pros
working with children
Cons
not enough pay
Quite and monotone
Charter Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 November 2014
Stock was a fast paced company to work for, but very monotone. everyone did their own thing and kept to themselves.

Management never involved an employees in their affairs and kept everything.

On a daily basis the best part were the driers coming in. It was fast paced and you had to be ready to do any job at anytime without any hesitation.
Pros
Friendly office staff
Cons
Monotone