Stingray

Stingray Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
They are not perfect, but working at Stingray has lots of perks.
I learned a lot in the time that I was there, you can have English classes paid by the company, Yoga also free and breakfast and snacks as well.

I reported to different managers, 2 out of 3 were good.

In terms of career advancement it really depends on who you know and not what you do.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Yoga
Cons
I open my inbox and on days where there is work I find a message from the subtitling team coordinator detailing the length, type of video, and deadline for the assignement. I can either accept or refuse the contracts. I mostly always accept them because they are fun to do (music videos/concerts/documentaries). I work from home. It's important to be very focussed while doing these, because of the fact that it is being done for the deaf and hard of hearing. Their enjoyement of music counts too!
A good place to work, with good and efficient people.
Really cool office having a big kitchen with free snacks and breakfast everyday.

Unfortunately in its fast growth, communication became a great challenge in the company. You must be extremely efficient in communication if you want to fit in.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Coffee and Snacks. Flexible hours
The company is full of great people at a personal level, some people at management are highly incompetent making the work for the rest extremely hard.
Raises start at 1% even if you work really really hard.

Salaries are below average.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
management
Journée 9h à 17h
La nourriture est gratuite café gratuit et nous pouvons boire au

travail

Par contre le volume de travail est très élevé.

Manque de structure dans les département et manque de communication flagrant.

Salaire compétitif
Pros
La nourriture gratuite
Cons
Manque de structure et de communication
this place.... they don't really do anything besides buy up content like music videos and pump it through stores or people's tv's. it's not a "music company" any more than best buy is a "music company". there are clear favorites here and lots of favoritism not based on skill but more like who's friends with who. a lot of kids working here (early 20s), for dirt wage, not knowing any better. they certainly woo visitors but the long run is grim for this glorified start-up.
Pros
lavish on the surface
Cons
bad pay, no advancement, no 401k, elitism and in-crowd
Lots of nice people I met at lower levels, and they don't stick around. Big turn around rate. Structurally the company is in arrested development. No pension, no special "benefits" other than booze at parties. They avoided an HR for 7 years from founding, only getting one when necessary to go public on the Stock Exchange. Managers are picked at random and lack maturity, fairness, and expertise. "Fake it 'til they make it" types who listen only to higher-ups. The CEO is a real oddball, loves doing press but remembers almost no one working there. Lastly, it pays peanuts. But I made a few friends.
Pros
Kitchen goods (breads, cereals, coffee, cheeses), nice folks passing through
Cons
Management ruins it... sloppy, unfair, uncaring, "head in the sand"