Stevenson Memorial Hospital

Stevenson Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Management is very approachable and professional. Made working there very enjoyable. If you have any difficulty with your work you can ask questions and they are always willing to help you out. All the people working there seemed to be very friendly. I highly recommend this organization.
I worked as a summer student at Stevenson Memorial Hospital. My role was to support the executive team with their hospital transformation project. It was an enriching experience as a student because there was so much to learn and there were opportunities to interact with hospital staff, to lead training sessions, and really get to know the community.
Good work environment, smaller hospital where the staff feels like family, you really get to know everyone in all departments.
Sometimes with part-time work the work life balance can be difficult to maintain as shifts are always needing to be picked up, it's easy to get wrapped up in working too much.

One downside is that the hospital has not been expanded on, but the community has grown and the hospital is seeing double the patients that is it capable of seeing-- it requires an expansion and newer materials to be efficient and allow staff to reach their full potential.
love being part of such an amazing team! great support, amazing doctors and staff perfect hours for a working mom and a great learning experience!!!!!
Staff are awesome to work with as a new employee, I learned so much. Despite the three month contract I would work there again in a heart beat. It may be a small hospital but it does so much for the local area!
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
Only worked on a three month contract
Gives nurses the opportunity to work in all kinds of different areas in nursing. Great community in and outside of the hospital. It does get busy but it allows you to strengthen your time management and critical thinking skills.
Maybe different departments are good to work in. Not the housekeeping department.. always short staffed. Management sits in their office and staff only hear complaints never positive feedback.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor mqnagement
Enjoyed my time with Stevenson Memorial as a volunteer in the Emergency Department. As a new phlebotomist, the experience I received as a volunteer is absolutely priceless.
Excellent place to work, staff are very hard working, friendly and willing to teach others. My time as a volunteer was usefull during my training as a Medical Laboratory Technician.
I work in the outpatient clinic, my manager is exceptional, and the staff that i work with are excellent, there is great communication in our department and team work, we all work very well together therefore creating an enjoyable place to work.
Whenever I have needed care and been at my most vulnerable, doctors and nurses at Stevenson have been there for me. I get the same feedback from others. There are advantages to being a small country hospital. The team is very strong.
Pros
Personable
Stevenson Memorial Hospital is a very enjoyable place to work. I received excellent training and all employees are great to work with. My managers are very easy to talk to and are very approachable.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
No cons.
The staff was very helpful and provided excellent training. They taught me the entire filing system and where to find each hospital ward to lead patients and visitors around.
Great friendly work environment they can work more on employee training and advancement.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stevenson Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2