Steve Nash Fitness World & Sports Club Employee Reviews

average
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 September 2018
Purely a money driven company where the directors have lost sight of the customer experience altogether and many members are dissatisfied with the quality of facilities of some of the gym locations. There is far too much pressure on all workers to bring in money on the daily and they are only earning a minimum wage. There is also a divide within the community of workers due to competition with one another rather than being encouraged to work together as a team.
Pros
free gym membership, sales people can make decent commissions and PTs in platinum or gold club locations do well
Cons
poor hours-front desk, poor pay with ability to make some commission if working long and hard hours
Great people but poor corporate overhead
PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 June 2018
Felt like another number. The min wage aspect was unappealing, yet can make decent money if you can build your business quickly. Lots of pressure for hitting sales goals. The team is great, but, again, it feels like you don't matter except for the dollar value you bring in
Pros
great people, mentoring
Cons
Long hours, min wage, high-pressure sales
Enjoyed staff, didnt enjoy working for the company
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC23 May 2018
Company made me lose my passion for personal training by making it more about the $ ampunt I was bringing in for them rather than the client and their needs.
I left to pursue other opportunities and work for myself as an independent trainer. I would not work for this company again
Fun workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2018
Working a lot on hitting minimums for the month when it comes to sales. Selling anything from shoes, shirts, socks and skateboards. Very demanding when it come to minimums
don't work for this company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2018
very high expectations like:
1. collecting 100 leads(phone numbers)
2. half of the leads should be hot leads(from members)
3. then make a lot of calls, texts,******bothering people*******
4. make them visit the gym and you try to sell membership (very expensive gym)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
You have a monthly sales goal and every month it goes up, if you don't hit, the managers will be the pain in ur...
if you sign a contract, it is almost impossible to get rid of it until the end of the one year contract.
I worked there for 6 months, every month they hire one or two sales rep but they quit after a few weeks.
Pros
free membership (after 3 month)
Cons
too much stress
Do not work there!
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 March 2018
You would barely train 2 people a week.. You gotta bring them.. Call and meet them on the floor.. Also do supplement table.. It's a good place to learn and continue education.. But not If u have family
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Too much stress
Productive and self driven environment
FRONT DESK/ MEMBERSHIP REP (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 February 2018
Steve Nash is a great place to work especially if you have an interest the fitness industry. Customer service is a must when working with any department, you also need be very organized. Being that I am a very active person I love being able to come to work and learn something new about fitness. Well working at Steve Nash I have learnt about self confidence, office admin, and having to have self discipline.
never work for steve nash
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 December 2017
No job security, poor wage, minimal hours, high expectations. The insanely high turnover rate of the staff at any given Steve Nash location is indicative of some major issues that never seem to be addressed.
Pros
lots of job training
Cons
can't make a living there
Steve Nash Membership Rep
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC15 November 2017
A typical day at Steve Nash consists of gathering new leads , making a minimum 100 phone calls and booking appointments.

For someone seeking a career in sales this a good step in the door as you learn how to network , maintain and grow your business , how to follow sale systems.

However as much as the company is growing at the end of the day it is still a corporation left in charged with a manipulative executive team who forces you to give up your personal life as they preach about "opportunity" to move up within the company in which they abuse you mentally and emotionally until you either quit or get fired.

This is a company who could not care less about its members or employees .. To say they would prefer to see more dollars in there pocket would be an understatement.
Pros
Free Gym Membership, Discounted Personal Training Sessions
Cons
No work life balance, dishonorable executive team, company politics, sales approach
for a select few
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 August 2017
helping clients is the most rewarding aspect of the job and interacting with many talented, dedicated coworkers. the culture promotes having fun while at work, but it's an absolute soul-suck sometimes. they are quite demanding when it comes to hitting sales targets and booking appointments so if you have time to invest in that and no life outside of the gym, it might not be so bad for you. there isn't much coaching from the top down so it's mainly stress to hit targets propagating from one level to the next. not all managers are terrible, but there are a few that are absolutely stellar.
Pros
gym usage, discount on personal training sessions, staff discounts on athletic wear
Cons
demanding, high expectations, sales-oriented
Positive work environment and great atmosphere
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 July 2017
I've worked at Steve Nash for over a year, and it was a fantastic experience. Very energetic work environment and you get to set your own schedule which is great for me.
Though there is no base salary and all the work hours depends on your sales. So not the most stable job but if you are great at sales then the salary is good.
Pros
Fitness work enviornment
Cons
Sales
Good place to start off
Sales Membership Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 July 2017
Great place for aspiring sales people to understand the importance of developing the skills and confidence in prospecting, presenting sales and closing.

Its not an easy job but its also not hard. Aggressive sales culture and I love it
Good staff engergeric enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Strawberry Hill, BC17 March 2017
Healthy motivated fun place to be around all the time
As well awesome staff as always
Always have someone there to help with questions water breaks when ever as well coffee breaks pretty flexible
Pros
Grear people
Overall disappointing experience
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC8 March 2017
Management did not listen to advice and was treated poorly due to office politics, despite it is only a 3 months contract. Experienced first hand how over 5 people left during my short stay and surprised by the turnover rate.
Pros
free gym
Cons
politics
Personal trainer
Pt (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 February 2017
Do not work for this company, if you are so passionate about helping people do it out of here, bullying managers, they steal from employees and mmbrs
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Horrible management/ theives specially sales team
fast paced work environment with amazing co-workers
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2017
Typical day at work:
Checking in guests
Answering phones
Logging maintenance
Data entry

I learned how to become more proficient in my people skills and about how important fitness is and how it can change lives. Management is amazing!! my GM Nicole Friesen is the most fun, inspiring, and goal orientated woman I have ever met. Co-workers are so awesome, they are always pushing me to be better and I enjoy the time I get to spend with them; and get to know them better.
The hardest part of my job is taking complaints, and members trying to cancel their memberships when they are still in a contract. The most enjoyable is talking to the regular members as they check in and spending my time with my team!
Pros
free gym membership, discounts on personal training and supplements.
Cons
pay and working hours
Very outgoing atmosphere and an opportunity to grow within the company.
Front Desk and Membership Representative (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC3 January 2017
This gym was great for an energetic work environment, but not so great when it came to the overall management and coworkers. In my opinion, working at Steve Nash is a job where you can have fun and make a career out of your passion. Yet you'll always feel stuck because of management and the people you're surrounded by.
Pros
Free gym membership, Benefits, Perfect amount of hours, Commission
Cons
Untrustworthy coworkers, weak management, low wage
Bad management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2016
The management sucks, the company is very unorganized. Forgot having sick days they expect you to be on your death bed otherwise you need to come into work. I had a bad throat infection could barely talk and they made me come in. Just ridiculous. The manager was very rude and was only nice to his favorites made me do his work for him at times because he was too lazy too. Do not work for this company they pay the worst wages for the amount of work you have to do.
Great people and great environment
Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 December 2016
Like many jobs, working at Steve Nash has it's ups and downs, the expectations however are stacked against those at the bottom of the totem pole. While there is generally a strong team atmosphere, its structure is such that those making the least money have to do the most leg work in order to achieve expectations.
Pros
Free gym membership, solid team atmosphere
Cons
Not for everybody, high expectations and little help to reach them.
Front Desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Downtown Vancouver5 November 2016
I really enjoyed my time working at Steve Nash in bussy downtown location. Your typical day consists of greeting members, some retail, charging members for dues/collections, writing reports to managers about the overall sales/operations of the day. If a potential customer walks in you re direct them to the sales associate and so on. The culture was great ! You really have to have team skills.
Pros
Free membership, my manager was great and very supportive, growing opportunities as Steve Nash tries to get its managers from the inside.
Cons
Payment wasn't enough unless you collect lots of money and make great comission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steve Nash Fitness World & Sports Club. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7