Steve's Livestock Transport

Steve's Livestock Transport Employee Reviews

Overworked and under compensated

Great place to work if you don't care working a minimum average of 150 hours every 2 weeks getting paid roughly $19.00 per hour by the time you figure it all out on your mileage cheque. Not worth the paycheque in terms of the amount of hours. Great place for someone to learn. No surprise that they have a huge turnover with company drivers as well as owner operators.

Consistent Work, but toxic culture

Alright for apprentices or technicians looking for consistent and repetitive work. Always work to do but always told you can do better even if your efficiency is over 100% cause they track that stuff. Always micromanaged and essentially babysat. Be prepared to do the same things day in and day out.

Pros

Consistent work

Cons

Great people who radiate the company's values

I can only speak to working in the office but this is one of the top organizations I've worked at in terms of work environment and the amount of passion people have for what they do. People radiate the company's values and want to make things better.

Pros

Great people to work with, free coffee, company cares about helping community and doing the right thing

Cons

Office staff could benefit from more office space, drivers could benefit from long term scheduling of loads

Opportunity for Advancement!

I have worked at Steve's Livestock for almost 4 years. What started as a one-year term position has grown into a fulfilling career. I have had the opportunity to work on exciting projects, take on additional training and have seen myself grow tremendously with each new experience. I highly recommend a position at Steve's Livestock if you are looking for a company with a small-town feel but access to resources to help you take your career to the next level.

Pros

Training opportunities, friendly co-workers, opportunity for growth, stable work

Horrible

Management is the worst! They pay is horrible for the amount of work involved. Poor customer service & the benefits aren’t as good as they make it out to be. Good company to start a career & learn.

Pros

Good shop foreman

In the office

Great culture, positive and encouraging. Faith based company that treats their employees fairly, holds them accountable, rewards when they go above and beyond.

Pros

Team oriented

Cons

Some long hours

not enjoy

i dont like this place at all, I will not recomend any driver to go there but i think everyone has to experince it on their own risk, long hours low very low pay

Garbage company

Don't believe a word they say, no integrity, no family values, lowest paying, lie to your face, worst company in the Livestock industry hands down, it's a revolving door at Steve's, they claim to be religious but continually lie when it comes to hiring people making promises they never keep. Honesty is the best policy but they just can't figure it out, they are just plain greedy.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, camping at pig barns( no washrooms available) dispatch is a joke as is management in Red Deer

Horrible company to work for

This company will under cut you in every way. Management is the worst I’ve ever worked for. They will cut corners in repairing equipment. You’ll never be paid your value. If you have no experience it’s a good place to learn but not to stay. Shop foreman was good but service manager has no idea how to run a repair shop. Don’t work here.

Pros

Good training company.

Cons

Cheap company to work for.

Bad logistics team

Turn around is a 100 plus drivers a year with good reason. Logistics team is just about putting a driver on every load. Nobody cares if your making money. One pay period you make good money and the next you make less then a Walmart greeter. This is for red deer office only. Manitoba is totally different. Great team and lots of experience in the logistics division. How 1 office is so good and the other is so bad is beyond me.

Jobs at Steve's Livestock Transport

See more jobs

Integrity, respect, teamwork and fun environment.

Great place to work. Been at the organization for 8 weeks working in the office - absolutely wonderful coworkers and a true representation of their company values and mission. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Collaborative work environment

Cons

The smell of animal excrement (outside the office building)

Great place to learn

These guys first tried to hire me in July but I turned it down due to lack of experience behind the wheel after working for an oilfield company and them contacting me again and filling out the online application which got me fired by mistake from my former company I finally get to do long haul trucking which I wanted to do since I was 14 years old

Pros

More time behind the wheel and better pay

Cons

Smell of pigs

Really horrible company to work for

I worked for them for almost half a year as owner operator. Dispatchers working good. Management horrible, guy who is working with OO doesn't know what is he doing. Company promised one thing and in fact it is totally opposite. They will charge you for everything. Tough phisical work which is not paid at all. Loads, unloads, scrape out and so on not paid to owner operators. Doesn't Worth it all all. Out of 10 I will give 1. Never ever recommend them.

Pros

Dispatchers

Cons

Friendly, supportive owners and manages

Steve's is a great place to work! They take the time to train and help each employee advance and reach their goals. Open door policy where I could walk into the owners office and have a great conversation with him.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steve's Livestock Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9