Sterling Karamar Property Management

Sterling Karamar Property Management Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Featured review
Sterling Karamar Property Management selected this as a representative review
Started the day with yard work and lobby cleaning...it was great to greet tenants. I was liked by all tenants as I am enthusiastic and positive. It was the most ideal position and location. I made a huge mistake leaving for higher pay.
Volatile place to work management is all that and doesn't let you forget no staff appreciation for london no loyalty to there employees unless you are a lover or freind
Every accountants dream to work in an environment like Sterling Karamar. There's opportunity to grow everyday and grow with one of the strongest property management companies in the city.
Not a good place to work
Higher management to hard to get along with

Won't listen to staff and does as they want no matter what staff say.

They want staff to work 24/7
Pros
No Pro's
Great company except for the new property manager . Great pay, nice buildings but no one has your back when needed. Men seem to get better treatment than females.
There is a huge turnover of staff from VP to cleaners. They brag that it's 80% which makes it incredibly difficult maintain continuity. The pay is fine but just enough and not enough to encourage loyalty. Many promises made yet most not realized. I would not recommend them or work for then again.
They were not honest about the portfolio they hired me for. That has left a personal bad taste in my mouth as well as many others, whom were treated badly by a crazy owner. I have bounced back I have a way better job, with more money,, but a couple have never recovered. Sterling had a good reputation before, but not so much as word spread. they only want the money and treat some employees like second class people.
Pros
Cons
Bad Owners
This workplace was good with average salary. I needed to study, so I quite the job. This workplace has high demands specially with the new stuff. Though the stuff are very friendly to work with.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
high responsibility
I was a foreman working for the contractor that was under contract with sterling karamar. The company was vary well organized. Also have a vary informed staff.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Having to deal with property managers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sterling Karamar Property Management?
I am surrounded by very respectful co-workers who care about tenants. I continue to learn about the Property Management business, and I am challenged to be the best employee I can be.
Pros
good people
Cons
temp work, lower wage
Great company to work for if you are in the operations department. Could be a bit more challenging for departments outside of operations. The company is very client focused and quick to react to client needs.
Pros
Well managed
Cons
Inter-departmental conflicts
Productive and fun workplace. Free food and gifts from time to time. Very good people to work with. Great leadership. Low pay though and long working hours.
SKPM is a very good place to work. Great work life balance and great chance for growth within the company. They truly care about their employees, and everyone is treated like family.
It will be seen as something that you can acquire over the course of having been hired.
Great place to start your career but unsure if its worth it for the long term.
This is the best company we ever worked for!
From day one we were treated like family.

The work load is big but there is always help if you really need it.

Head Office deals with issues quickly and proficiently. You don't have to make any excuses to tenants because you always have a clear plan from your Manager as to how and when the problem will be solved.

The co-workers and contractors are knowledgeable and pleasant bunch of hard working people.

If you are honest, professional,detail oriented, people's person, you take pride in your work and always see "make me feel important" sign on every human being in front of you - you would be a good match for this company.

The most enjoyable part was to see that company genuinely cares about staff and tenants.

The hardest part for us will be to leave the company (personal reasons).
Pros
Management has very high family values!
Cons
Absence of medical benefits
In charged of 2 complexes consisting of 120 town home units. Took care of all general cleaning and maintenance. Collected the rents, supervised all contractors.

Loved all the people I had to work with.

Close to home.
Pros
Close to home