Stericycle Employee Reviews

Found 31 reviews matching the search See all 1,036 reviews
Worst place ever to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB6 November 2018
Stericycle is the worst company I’ve ever worked for; I was hired through Manpower and was informed that they would never ever lay us off or discontinue the job. But after only three weeks of training, they decided that we were no longer needed for this company ( as we ask for an extra week of training due to the fact that we didn’t feel ready to take calls). Thiefr training department sucks, 7 trainers for 4 new hirers —- too many chiefs not enough Indians run in the company. & once the new hires hit the four floor there was no backed up I have for them. I would never ever recommend this company for employment.
Pros
Lots of free breakfast foods, healthy fruit snacks.
Cons
Extremely low pay & poor shift rotations
a great place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL4 October 2018
it was great working for them running from Newfoundland to Nova Scotia and back with a few trips to Ontario every now and then,the people I deal with where great to work with
Pros
home every weekend
Cons
no cons
Csr
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 September 2018
This company is a joke! they hire people but are out of the budget, how that's it works? Management is awful!, I was hired and I didn't receive any payment after 1 month and a half! and no one knew it the reason why I haven't been paid!

The supervisors are fairly good, however, one of them, he thinks he is working in a National Security office or C.I.A. or F.B.I. treating the people as slaves and making comments about accents, pronunciation and so on. I don't really recommend this company is so messy, in 11 months of full-time job the pest control went there 3 times because of the bed bugs!

The headsets are shared and 99% of them are broken! the company has no interest to get new ones! Managers are also not good enough, a few of them cut hours for no reason and going on vacation or holidays every 3 or 4 months, but if you ask for vacations, they fired you.

No way to go to the washroom, all of them are so dirty, and every second it will be discounted from your payments!

No HR office in Winnipeg location, which makes more difficult the contact for certificates or any other inquiry. salary is kinda good, benefits are fair, and all the people from the 4th floors they think they are gods or goddess! I HIGHLY NO RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!
Pros
Cons
management, type of work, payment, cut of hours, hiring process
worst company to work for
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 August 2018
the one good thing about the company is the benefits. the office in brampton sucks. the overtime is always available. everyone from the management right down is disjointed. would not even tell my enemy to work for this company. playing favorites is how they work in that office
benefits
Cons
everything ekse
Overall a good place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam. BC16 August 2018
Overall I enjoyed my time at stericycle. I always had room to improve and be promoted. Like every company they have their issues. If I had not moved I would still be working there.
good work culture
Front End Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 June 2018
helped in learning alot and good work environment.Encourages new technologies and had flexible working hours.Good managment and flexible options to work from home.
Great group of people to work with
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 June 2018
- Good hours
- Great co-workers
- Professional/friendly management
- Lifting products without proper equipment and unpleasant stench
- Organized assignments
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stinky environment
Good Place
Sales-Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 April 2018
I was only there for a year I find they lack in training and in communication of changes that are happening or have already happened. Policy and procedures are not applicable
Pros
good benifits
Cons
lack in proper traing
Not worth the time
Senior Customer Experience Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 November 2017
Stericycle in Saint John for Directors choice is not a place I would apply too.

The management play favorites.

Employees aren’t selected for promotion by skills, it’s based on where the centre manager likes you or not.

There are also random posted promotions to staff but with no original posting.

The pay is low at $11 starting per hour for the type of work you do. The raise is a just .33cents on average per year.

You are handling very stressful personal situations so the pay and support is not equal for the job.

Corporate does not seem to care so that means we are stranded.
Pros
Work from Home available
Cons
Everything else
Exceptional work environment providing challenging and rewarding work
Sr. Human Resources Manager (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 September 2017
Stericycle is a great place to work and provides a great work environment for its Team Members. It is growing fast, has challenging work and the managers are always there to support you. I've had the pleasure of working at Stericycle for 10 + years and have watched my career grow along a steady trajectory.
Pros
Challenging work and the people you work with!
Cons
Would not recommend this place to anyone
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 August 2017
Operations manager is never there. There is no support for the warehouse supervisor allowing all warehouse staff to do what they want. Employees don't show up most days or call in sick all the time. There is no recognition for going above and beyond in this company even though they expect overtime hours to be put in. Management can not make up their minds about where waste is to go causing warehouse staff to make up multiple sets of paperwork for one load. Complete mismanagement on their part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Overtime is there
Cons
Everything above and more
Social commitee is the only plus to working here.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 June 2017
At a glance, this place seems like a great place to work. Do not let that fool you. I have never been employed by a place when supervisors will actually call down an employee while on an production floor, tell an employee that they do not like the sound of their voice, call a young lady trashy and the list goes on. This company used to be known as Fineline. I think Stericycle should really take a long hard look at their donor centre as soon enough they'll find themselves in the thick of a human rights claim
Pros
Social commitee
Cons
Productive and Fun working place.
SAP HRIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 May 2017
Excellent working culture as excellent organization. Equality and high skill development organization.

Learned great things with developed organization with continue learning approach.
Vancouver branch is in my opinion, incredibly mis-managed. The culture is toxic and hostile.
Navigator / Reclamation (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 October 2016
The list of issues I encountered during my tenure is expansive and tedious. To go through it would resemble a complaining teenager after the first few jaw-dropping unethical / immoral / and sometimes illegal practices that are warranted here. Instead, the list of things that are a positive influence during one's stay here is much quicker to go through. There aren't any.
Fun fast paced workspace
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 September 2016
It was a High paced fun work environment were there was constant challenges to be met that kept you busy and the co-workers were fantastic. There was always something different to do so your day wasn't the exact same over and over again.
Manager: not good
Outbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 August 2016
The manager was very discriminating person. Not welcomed diversity person, if you look different manager and some co-workers make fun of you and gossiping behind your back. After I worked hard for my first day, while I was looking forward going going back, they send me message telling me not to comeback it didn't workout for you. They are soo bad company to work with.
Pros
Some coworkers are good
Cons
Manager is discriminator and make fun of diversity person even though he is different
Team Building Events
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 July 2016
I would be at work for 8am start by opening up the front office, make coffee, open up my computer and make sure the front office always looked clean and ready for clients.
I answered the phone, responded to emails and did all the in coming and out going mail.
I greeted the clients with the up most professional matter and I was very much liked.
Pros
Fun events, free lunches
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2016
A typical day at work , in the morning load and unload trucks , organize warehouse , work as a team to make work more efficient .

I learned that working with bio medical waste is good job , and gives you awareness on how much disease is out in the world .

The management was excellent , any question that I had about the company , or warehouse duties were answered in full , and ion detail.

My co-workers were also great as everyone worked as a team , which made the every ones job more enjoyable .

The hardest part of the job was dealing with bio medical spills , and accident in the warehouse , and acting accordingly , which was also a learning process

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about , bio medical waste , were it goes for disposal , and the process of disposal.
Managers are terrible
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS9 May 2016
You get in trouble for things you dont do you have terrible managers as well the only good thinbg about the job us te job work and the bonuses
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Bad managers
productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Sr. Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 May 2016
I love the work and my employees. Too many people taking on management roles. Team Lead, Supervisor, Manager, Director and so on that all had no idea what the other was doing.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
too many people wearing the 'boss' hat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stericycle. Our community is ready to answer.