Stephenson's Rental Services

Stephenson's Rental Services Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
Horrible management and leadership
This company is like a pressure cooker, they overwork their employees, put so much stress on employee that it can possibility effect individual's mental health. No proper training or on boarding provided. Individual is suppose to come on board with no orientation and know how to use their slow software. Staff shows no compassion for their employees, long work hours with no appreciation of effort. I was extremely disappointed to have wasted my time working for this company
A waste of time. You must be really desperate to work here.
No training, low wages, discrimination, favoritism, backstabbing, intimidation, threats. Canadian proud?? More an embarrassment to our values.
Shame!!
Pros
Pays
Managed poorly
Stephensons could be a great company, but needs new management. The stores are not taken care of, nor are the employees. There is an incredibly high turnover rate.
Benefits
Cons
Lowest pay rate for a rental company in Durham
Good place to work with, colleagues are so friendly. Good place to learn in fast pace environment. Management is so friendly creating a healthy & competitive environment for the workers.
Just another job
Decent job. If you show up and do your job properly and competently the management is great. You are basically in control of your own destiny. If you are a ticketed person, the pay is behind the competition.
Laid back but unrealistic expectations
The location I worked at was super slow and relaxed, especially in winter. No training was provided so I didn't really know too much about tools lol. I was working full time elsewhere and part time (2 days) at SRS. The manager told me I either had to help out more or quit, so I had to quit. Then I got a talking to about how I couldn't just up and leave and the manager got super mad at me.
Potential to be a better place
Company focus remains in GTA and little support outside of that area.
No job growth unless you are looking to move to GTA.

Company is not aligned to be proactive in its growth.
Ok i guess.
Pretty disorganized. If u like grimy and hazardous jobs that don't pay very much, then this is for you! On the plus side, expectations are low, so if u are even half decent worker you will shine.
Good company just not paying employees what they deserve
through my years here i have noticed that the company is cheap and would rather save money than do things to help make more money. a lot of the other stephensons locations have workers who are not suitable for the basic day to day task that must be done and a lot of them dont follow protocol
terrible mgmt
they have a very antagonistic supervisor who calls staff out in front of everyone including customers. had a customer ask why i worked for such people. i would definitely not recommend this place to a dog
Worst company
I hope that Stephenson’s rental sinks faster then the titanic did. You are the worst employer I have ever worked for. Stephenson’s rental “founded on lies” and “commented to screw-ups”. Employees with one star reviews are telling you the truth! Keep looking elsewhere for work! They will try to get you to sign on to lower wages offering quarterly bonuses. But they never pay saying you “just” didn’t make it
I had to leave explore my options, DONT SETTLE HERE
The amount of load they put on you and the, hourly rate definitely does not add up.
management sucks.

Benefits I appreciated

They slowly adding more responsibility for suck little reward
the worst place i ever worked
Backstabbing,favouratism,unorganized,no training,overworked,long hours unpaid, need i say more.There is very little in terms of support and lots of people in admin but the stores are understaffed.
I Hated It There
This is one if the worst places i have ever worked. You get 0 appriciation for anything you do. Management couldnt care less about you or any issues you may face in the workplace or personal life. Wages are absolutely ridiculous with the people who managment like getting the better wages instead of who does the most work. Dont work here if you dont have too.
Cons
Gives new meaning to, "Over worked and under paid!"
This company is joke.... How people can financially afford to work there is beyond me..
I spoke to guys that have been there 10 yrs and made 25$ per hour.....They schedule you a 9 hr day, be lucky if you're done in 12.. Then by Thursday when you've worked 44+

hours, they give even more to do on Friday, and don't care about your personal life, claiming "that's the industry!".......all this for 23$ p/hr................

23$ for doing O.S. loads through downtown Toronto ......
Pros
Free tools/equipment from the store
Cons
The lack of pay!!!
great place to work
I enjoyed the work interesting with knowledgeable manager in calgary location
He trained me and asked me always to follow the company s policies

which helps the employee away from problem
Pros
stress free
Review
Bias community, that favours those of similar decent.
Not much advancement opportunities, or opportunities to acquire certifications to advance yourself in another field/job.

Hours are good, you get paid just above minimum wage, and if you work fulltime you get benefits.
Sales Associate
Great environment, can be slow at times but customers are very friendly and hours are flexible. The learning curve isnt substantial as you only need to know basics about power equipment.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Slow
All they care about is renting
They don't care about customers, they certainly don't care about workers. If you get a quarter raise once a year, they will ask you not to tell the others that you got so much. One of the drivers was given a dime raise while I was there. Forget uninterrrupted lunch breaks and personal safety. Management will tell you outright lies.
Pros
Borrow tools
Cons
Nobody cares
I really enjoy working here
Awesome place to work for, employees are awesome and so is the management. Make you feel welcome and part of a team. And the wages are real good if you got experience with the job title you apply for
Pros
Great People
Cons
There really isnt any
The worst
Lowest wages of all rental houses and they expect you to do the jobs of 5 people everyday. Management will lie to you in your interview about raises and what they pay. You dont get anything more than a couple cents raise a year, if that. They harrass you for taking personal time off. Pick favorites, throw you under bus. Dont pay out there full bonuses. If your good at avoiding work, passing the buck, and throwing people under the bus youll like here.
Pros
They have "perks"
Cons
The perks are essentially useless
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stephenson's Rental Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5