STEP Energy Services Employee Reviews for Lead Operator

Step
Coiled Tubing Lead Operator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB22 January 2019
Not a great place long term. I had a good run made some money but your guarantee isn't a guarantee. They will just terminate people when there not needed in large groups.
Pros
great money
Cons
They play favorites
Official response from STEP Energy Services
6 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback. Although the oil & gas industry has a high rate of turn-over, we take pride in having long-term professionals who have grown with us over the years. These periods of low utilization are out of our control, however, our compensation commitment can help our professionals through these times. We also engage in ‘possibility thinking’ during these down-turns to come up with industry-leading ideas that will allow us to maintain as many professionals as possible.

Good pay, Management issues
Fluid Pump Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB25 April 2018
Good company if all you want to do is make money. Watch out for lack lustre management. Did;t really listen to experienced staff and catered to brown nosers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Troubling Management
Official response from STEP Energy Services
4 May 2018

We appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration moving forward. Best of luck in your future endeavours!

Used to be good
Coil Lead operator (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB25 April 2016
STEP used to be the best company to work for. Now they are to big and don't seem to care about the "STEP" family anymore. The operations manager needs to be more willing to provide the EEE.
Ok
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC6 December 2015
Alot of lying and bull from office. Backstabbing galore. Managements relatives in the feild level get away with murder. They hire people with no experience and move them up quick because they become drinking buddys. Ly to clients. Dont let the rig manager know your smarter than him or he lets you go
Pros
Money
new equipment great people
Coil Tubing Lead Operator, Daily (Former Employee) –  B.C, Alberta29 January 2015
all in all this was a decent place to work new equipment and great people to work with.