STEP Energy Services Employee Reviews for Concrete Pump Operator

Good place to be if your single
Pump Operator (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB11 July 2019
Everything is good about the company they are willing to work with you and help you when you need it. Hard job and hard on the body and mind especially when you have a family.
Pros
Always willing to help
Cons
being away from home when you have a family
27 August 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback. We strive to provide our professionals with the Exceptional Employee Experience (EEE), which sets us apart in the industry. We understand that the industry expectations require us to work long hours and take us away from our families at times. We work with some of the industry’s best professionals and appreciate your hard work and dedication to our Company.

Terrible Place to work..
Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 February 2019
everything is a secret.long days ..no leadership for the task at hand.
Management tells u one thing and does the opposite. Promise you the world.... but it never comes...
Pros
The guys you work with
Cons
Management.
12 February 2019

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one, but we do appreciate your feedback.
Industry expectations sometimes require us to work long hours, however we strictly adhere to hours of work and required reset time.
We hope that our professionals understand that sometimes decisions take longer to execute than initially anticipated.

Everyday a new struggle
Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB30 September 2018
As a field operator, I spent about 70% of my time in the shop getting a discounted wage, along with the maintenance crew. On average we would all receive approx. $8-9 an hour less because of this.
I seen so many avoidable problems arise while in the field that were 100% preventable like when to mobilize equipment or the favorite put off maintenance on equipment until its back at the shop.
That way the employees get paid less to do the same work while still outside.
If you get hired and are buddy buddy with management in some way you have it set, otherwise I would avoid working at this place.
The pay is way less than they make it sound from the job bonuses and sorts. This is the lowest paying frac company you could work for.
I have also not seen a company that had such a high turnover rate as this one as well. So I am not the only one who hated being here.
Pros
Sometimes got field time
Cons
Management, disorganization, pay
3 December 2018

At STEP, we work hard to cultivate a culture of possibility thinking, so we encourage you to share your thoughts and ideas so we can strive to do better. Keeping in mind that our industry as a whole is experiencing some slower times, we have tried to offset these costs as best we can. Based on industry research, our wages are competitive in today’s market. Thank you for your feedback.

Old Boys Club feel
Pump Operator (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, AB8 September 2018
Good crew to work with. Manager and coordinator don't seem to have any involvement whatsoever and offer the cold shoulder...seems like a boys club environment. Supervisors and crews are respectful and willing to train and help. The daily topic within the crew is what other companies are offering and guys looking to leave STEP.
Pros
Good guys to work with, paid on time
Cons
Old equipment, lack of coordinator
3 December 2018

We strive for the Exceptional Employee Experience for all professionals within STEP and are sorry to hear that this is not the experience you are receiving. We appreciate your feedback and value any ideas you may have to make STEP better.

Amazing people
Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 August 2018
Loved working there felt like you where apart of a family. Great leader ship, and would go back and work with them in a heart beat. Treated well and was very happy to be apart of that team.
3 December 2018

Thank you for the kudos! STEP strives to maintain an encouraging, team and family focused work environment. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed a positive Exceptional Employee Experience with us.