Stenberg College

Stenberg College Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews

Overall good company

Overall not a bad employer, but culture needs to be improved. Many staff members feel isolated and overworked. No play, just all work... These days it is not just about money.

Pros

competitive wages, benefits ok

Cons

company culture sucks, it is not hostile, just very bland

Finally Found my Dream Job!

Stenberg College is an excellent place to work. I am very lucky to have many colleagues who strive to provide a world-class educational experience for our students. I am most proud to work at Stenberg when I receive incredible feedback from employers who are eager to hire our grads.

Pros

Flexible work schedule, amazing colleagues, positive environment, supportive organization, very student centered approach

Cons

New hires would benefit from more vacation, however, there are personal and sick days that provide decent work/life balance.

Collaborative, Diverse, Inclusive Work Culture that is committed to Employee & Student Success

Stenberg College has supported my professional growth and development over the last 15+ years through paid Professional Development Opportunities, Performance Check Ins, Peer Reviews & Advancement. It is a truly collaborative work environment that is fun, flexible, diverse and full of heart. The entire Stenberg College Team is committed to employee/faculty satisfaction, an inclusive work environment, continual industry partner and subject matter expert collaboration, and overall student success. Great place to work!

Pick another college

Competitive and inexperienced managers. Faculty supervisors passive aggressive.Courses created by inexperienced people with a BA no counselling experience.Entrance essay accepts everyone.Instructors have to hand unstable students.

Pros

If they like you you get more work

Cons

unappreciated

Meaningful work, great work life balance

Fun work environment, opportunities for growth and advancement. Opportunities for professional development to further career. Supportive leadership and a sense of belonging.

Pros

Remote work, team environment

Great Place to Work

A great place to work. Supportive management team with flexible class times: days and evenings and great locations throughout Surrey and close to transit.

I would recommend Stenberg College as an employer

I’ve enjoyed working for Stenberg College for over 4 years. I really enjoy working with my team and I always feel supported. There is also a good work-life balance here. I would recommend Stenberg College as an employer.

Student, not employment

I was a student, I was not employed with Stenberg College. This was included in the employment portion of my resume to simply reflect what I was doing during that time frame.

I was only contracted twice a year

they were typical of a college, they had a lot of staff turnover...super nice people...centrally located...i don't think they paid enough money which is why there was a lot of turnover

Excellent role as I truly believe in nurturing students and new staff, to reach their potential.

Paradoxically predictable and unpredictable; learned how to be a more effective mentor/assessor;hardest part was giving the metaphorical "stick" and not just the "carrot"; it was a pleasure to see the growth of students.

Toxic Environment

It’s a revolving door of employees. Nobody stays very long. Morale is very low, hours are long, pressure is intense. I was told by a Director that if she gets one year out of a new employee she figures that’s good. Run far away from this company.

Terrible Employer

I learned a lot working here, and the pay was great, however management was inconsistent, untrustworthy, and I always felt at risk of losing my job regardless of how much time and effort was put in. Would not recommend this employer.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No work/life balance, long days, poor management.

Positive work environment with supportive staff

Stenberg is a great place to work! I always feel supported by my management team and peers. Work/life balance is really important to me and have always felt Stenberg aligns my values.

Awesome Experience!

I was at Stenberg College for over four years and truly enjoyed my time there. From the Leadership Team to Admin Staff, everyone truly cared about the organization and contributed to its success. Most managers/VPs supported open communication/collaboration and recognized exceptional employees. My colleagues there were amazing!

Pros

Supportive Leadership, Great Colleagues, Open Communication, and Collaboration

Cons

Although the wages/salaries are competitive to current trends, I believe the benefits package could be improved.

Daily tasks

Start class with attendance and hand out learning tools for the day explain new material, test old material, encourage student interaction. Review weekly expectations. Set up materials for the next day. Help students review material covered that day , create learning activities and games. marks quizzes and tests submit attendance and test/quiz marks

Pros

great staff

Cons

short daily hours

Enjoy going to work

I really enjoy going to work each day. My co-workers are all friendly and work together very well. My VP manages our team effectively without micro managing. She is always there to support us. I have dealt with some personal hardships over the last year or two and I was amazed at how everyone pulled together to support me, including a food chain when they knew I wouldn't be able to cook for my family. Truly blessed to work with such great people. The most challenging part of my job is convincing students to take ownership of their education and professionalism. However, the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping someone change their life and be their best.

Pros

Supportive teams

Great place to work!

Stenberg College has friendly and welcoming environment. I have worked in a couple different departments at this company and I find that the managers are very supportive and that they have a strong passion for the education that they provide to their students. I'd highly recommend my family and/or friends to work here.

Pros

Friendly environment, advancement opportunities, flexible schedule, open communication, flat structured

No, just no.

Completely dysfunctional environment. Directors are disrespectful, incompetent and lack educational and experiential qualifications. Most have been in the same role for decades. Because of this, employee turnover at other levels is very high. Pay is very low and there is little room for advancement (although lateral moves are common as they frequently try to combine multiple roles). The entire company is based on greed, working to take advantage of as many vulnerable (i.e. single parents, recent immigrants, minimum-wage workers) people as possible. They do not care about enrolling students in the programs that are right for them or where they will be successful, they care about meeting quotas and making money and they engage in many shady practices to do so.

A great working environment

Over ten years at Stenberg, and have found it a great place to work or I would not still be here. In a large part this is due to many wonderful people on staff which make it a pleasure to be here. Very flat organizational structure with ability to affect change with access to senior leadership including the president. Inspirational and uplifting to witness so many students from all walks of life succeed. Some of the challenges they've overcome to be here are truly humbling. Very rewarding to be able to make positive contributions to the world.

Passionate about Education!

I've been working here for over a decade and have enjoyed each and every year. The company really is passionate about Education and treats their employees with respect.

A great place to work

I started my professional career at Stenberg and was hired in an admin role. I was supported by my manager and VP to explore the role and make it my own. Stenberg paid for me to take online courses to improve myself and encouraged me to strive for my stated goals. After about a year I was promoted as a direct result of the support I was given by my management team. Stenberg supported me through great personal loss and allowed me a flexible schedule that encouraged a work/life balance. The job was fast paced and challenging which made going to work every day exciting as well as stimulating. Stenberg encourages communication, I felt empowered to speak with everyone from the receptionist to the president of the company. I would and do recommend Stenberg as a place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stenberg College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Stenberg College with