Stenberg College Employee Reviews

Terrible Employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 July 2019
I learned a lot working here, and the pay was great, however management was inconsistent, untrustworthy, and I always felt at risk of losing my job regardless of how much time and effort was put in. Would not recommend this employer.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work/life balance, long days, poor management.
A good working atmosphere. People are friendly and supportive.
Curriculum Developer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 June 2019
I have been working at Stenberg College full-time for about 2 years. This is a great place to work. Management care for their employees and are always willing to help. Most of my coworkers are honest, fair, professional and supportive. Very Dynamic environment!
Pros
Has a good work-life balance!
Cons
Positive work environment with supportive staff
Admin staff (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 June 2019
Stenberg is a great place to work! I always feel supported by my management team and peers. Work/life balance is really important to me and have always felt Stenberg aligns my values.
Awesome Experience!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 June 2019
I was at Stenberg College for over four years and truly enjoyed my time there. From the Leadership Team to Admin Staff, everyone truly cared about the organization and contributed to its success. Most managers/VPs supported open communication/collaboration and recognized exceptional employees. My colleagues there were amazing!
Pros
Supportive Leadership, Great Colleagues, Open Communication, and Collaboration
Cons
Although the wages/salaries are competitive to current trends, I believe the benefits package could be improved.
Daily tasks
Unit Clerk Instructor (Current Employee) –  Surrey Centre, BC10 May 2019
Start class with attendance and hand out learning tools for the day
explain new material, test old material, encourage student interaction.
Review weekly expectations.
Set up materials for the next day.
Help students
review material covered that day , create learning activities and games. marks quizzes and tests
submit attendance and test/quiz marks
Pros
great staff
Cons
short daily hours
Great place to work!
Admin (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 May 2019
Stenberg College has friendly and welcoming environment. I have worked in a couple different departments at this company and I find that the managers are very supportive and that they have a strong passion for the education that they provide to their students.

I'd highly recommend my family and/or friends to work here.
Pros
Friendly environment, advancement opportunities, flexible schedule, open communication, flat structured
No, just no.
Admin (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 April 2019
Completely dysfunctional environment. Directors are disrespectful, incompetent and lack educational and experiential qualifications. Most have been in the same role for decades. Because of this, employee turnover at other levels is very high.

Pay is very low and there is little room for advancement (although lateral moves are common as they frequently try to combine multiple roles).

The entire company is based on greed, working to take advantage of as many vulnerable (i.e. single parents, recent immigrants, minimum-wage workers) people as possible. They do not care about enrolling students in the programs that are right for them or where they will be successful, they care about meeting quotas and making money and they engage in many shady practices to do so.
A great working environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 April 2019
Over ten years at Stenberg, and have found it a great place to work or I would not still be here. In a large part this is due to many wonderful people on staff which make it a pleasure to be here.

Very flat organizational structure with ability to affect change with access to senior leadership including the president.

Inspirational and uplifting to witness so many students from all walks of life succeed. Some of the challenges they've overcome to be here are truly humbling. Very rewarding to be able to make positive contributions to the world.
Passionate about Education!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 April 2019
I've been working here for over a decade and have enjoyed each and every year. The company really is passionate about Education and treats their employees with respect.
A great place to work
Student Success Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 March 2019
I started my professional career at Stenberg and was hired in an admin role. I was supported by my manager and VP to explore the role and make it my own. Stenberg paid for me to take online courses to improve myself and encouraged me to strive for my stated goals. After about a year I was promoted as a direct result of the support I was given by my management team.

Stenberg supported me through great personal loss and allowed me a flexible schedule that encouraged a work/life balance.

The job was fast paced and challenging which made going to work every day exciting as well as stimulating.

Stenberg encourages communication, I felt empowered to speak with everyone from the receptionist to the president of the company.

I would and do recommend Stenberg as a place to work
Great place to work.
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 November 2018
It is a great experience teaching at Stenberg College. Very friendly colleagues and great work environment. Teachers are given good support and given opportunities to grow.
good stepping stone
IT/Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 July 2018
Not really a fan of this institution and how it was run. Lots of students that are new to the country that were pushed into directions that they didn't expect to by admin
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
poor wage
I wouldn't work for them again!
SEA Practicum Monitor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 March 2018
I worked for 3 months as an SEA Practicum Monitor. The job itself was great, just lots of traveling. The supervisors and others at Stenberg were wonderful when I worked there. The Practicum Monitor position is a contract position. When you're needed they call you to work; when you're not needed they don't. After my contract was finished, they "booted me off" of their email system stating it was to "make room on their system". What?!? Any attempt to apply for other positions was completely ignored. They have one person "guarding the gate" of employment, as it were and I suspect he picks and chooses who he likes. So, if they/he decide/s that for some reason, they don't like you anymore, you will never hear from them again. That's okay, I was able to secure a position with a university in Ontario as an online instructor, so Stenberg can go straight to.....
Pros
Great job, good experience, students are lovely.
Cons
Nepotism at its finest.
Excellent, professional, and relaxing place to work.
First Aid Instructor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 March 2018
My time at Stenberg was very enjoyable. The atmosphere was always welcoming, the staff was pleasant to work with as well. The instructor student ratio was a bit to high; however Stenberg ensured all protocols were met to ensure the delivery approach followed the requirements.
Flexibility
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 January 2018
Flexible working environment and a supportive leadership team. Contract employment so there are no benefits, however most staff use this as secondary employment.

Supportive of professional development.
Online college instructing Psychiatric Nurses
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 November 2017
Clinical instructor which required monitoring students in the clinical environment providing nursing skills to patients of various ages and needs. Including personal care, medication administration, management of disturbed behaviour, sterile field dressing changes, catheterization, management if IVs.
Relevance to job market
Nursing Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 July 2017
They use a lot of outdated material for courses, as a filler to say they met requirements for whatever academic requirements have to be fullfilled. NO teaching of anything in class on computers, everything done on paper, when you go to a job though its all computers, Stenberg is a private college and will cost you 3 -4 times as much as public school and they will BS you into believing there is high demand for your new skills, but when you think of how many schools are putting out same courses and people coming into job market with outdated skills. Don't waste your money at this school.
Faculty and Student Services Administrator
Faculty and Student Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 June 2017
Positive Culture
Supportive Management
Innovation
Open Communication
Awesome Colleagues
Flat Structure
Development (both professional and personal)
Team Focus
Sudent
Professional Business Accountant / Student (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2017
It is a great college and school to take online , as I took the course form home and am doing my practicum now that I've finished the school part of an accounting technician.
Greedy and Profit Motivated Management!
Individual contributor (Former Employee) –  Surrey8 April 2017
Do not work here if you value your career and sanity. This place is the definition of a revolving door company. Employee turnover is quite high and employees are not supported by management. In fact management is motivated by greed and willing to do everything and anything to get enrolments from destitute people seeking to better their career prospects.

Managers do not listen to front line employees and the barriers between professional and personal life are non existent. Dont be surprised if during your interview you are asked personal questions regarding your politics, race or even your se xual preference.

In other words, dont work here. Its not worth it!
Pros
Co workers are great!
Cons
incompetent managers, no respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stenberg College. Our community is ready to answer.

Stenberg College Reviews by Location