STEM Camp Employee Reviews

Stressful
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2019
Crazy hectic, understaffed. Management didn't seem very supportive. We never had enough materials for all our activities. Co-workers were great and the kids were wonderful.
Fun team! Great experience.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Embro, ON24 January 2019
Many various opportunities are present at STEM camp, if you're passionate for children, science (or BOTH) the team at STEM camp are there to grow that passion into a career. Fabulous team.
Pros
free lunch occasionally
Cons
monotonous work life
Very unorganized
Camp counsellor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 April 2018
It was just relatively difficult to teach children about science when the majority of the science experiments that were planned had not been tested by the organizers or supervisors; most experiments didn't work, leading to many disappointed children. However, the one nice thing about this job was the ability to directly influence children and positively impact their love of science.
Interesting and Exciting place to work
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Co-op Placement) (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON20 March 2018
I was involved in a four month placement with Stem Camp in Woodstck, ON. I was involved in warehouse supervisory duties with this company. All of the staff I had the pleasure of working with and meeting were professional and a joy to be around. The management team was very supportive all of the way through my term and co-op placement. I learned many skills that I will be able to utilize for my future career opportunities.
Pros
Pleasant and eager staff
Cons
Somewhat of a long commute to work
I Was A Volunteer
Counselor / Counselor in Training (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON12 March 2018
I worked The July of 2016, and July 2017 four weeks each full Time. I got over 300 community hours from the two months in Total. It was a lot of fun to work with children and Parents alike. I was respected fairly the Second year since I had more experience than the others working there.
Pros
Lots of Fun, Many hours, Good Experience
Cons
Didn't get Shirt when I was supposed to.
fun place to work
Summer Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 January 2017
i love working with kids, it was a lot of fun, it helped me work on my people skills a bit, as well as I learned to be more of a happy person.
Pros
good people
Cons
long walks for field trips