STELIA North America Employee Reviews

Interesting and lots of variety.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lunenburg, NS11 June 2018
Lots of knowledge to be gained about the aerospace industry.
Lots of variety in your job function.
Lots of responsibilities
Good benefit packages. .
Pros
good health plan
Cons
long work hours
Worked in production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lunenburg, NS28 February 2018
My co-workers are great. Most very helpful and fun to work with. With saying that it stops there. The human resources is awful. The women is out for her and no one else. It makes it very hard for the rest of the management to do there jobs so they give up and it trickles down to the production floor. There great potential if they change some management. The plant has about 300 employees and been open for 25 years. They are on employee number 1400 so 1100 people have left been played off or fired. The human resource lady likes to restructure people who don't agree with her.
Pros
Co worker's
Cons
Some management
Environnement de travail excellent
Mise en place d'outils de gestion (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC21 February 2018
Bon milieu de travail.
Excellente équipe de production.
Documentation a jour.
Pros
Ambiance de travail excellent
Cons
Coupure
Working at Stelia
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lunenburg, NS5 February 2018
I worked at Stelia for three years. I started out as production and worked my way up to Administrative Assistant. The job was good but I was ready for a change and decided to come back to school and take Counselling - Human/Social Services.
Stelia NA
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lunenburg, NS12 January 2018
Great location for those looking to get out of the city, and work at a large scale manufacturing facility. Somewhat top heavy in management. Going through legacy pains, and struggling for market share with cheaper manufacturing down south.
Pros
Country Living
Cons
Top Heavy Management
productive work place
Planner (Former Employee) –  Lunenburg, NS3 November 2017
I loved working there i had learned so much form being in there many many many years, it was my home away from home. Medical and dental benefits were awesome, they put on fun events for family.
Pros
easy to talk to HR, friendly co-workers.
Cons
some management/ coworkers like to point fingers for their wrong doing.
Aerospace Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lunenburg, NS23 March 2017
If you enjoy a fast paced, high tech and a rewarding job, then you will be a great fit with the Stelia team.

I worked with some truly amazing people and customers.
Professional, Productive and great working atmosphere
Research and Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lunenburg, NS14 February 2017
I was employed on contract at Stelia. I found the permanent staff to be the most knowledgeable, co-operative and friendliest of any company that I worked for on contract. I would highly recommend employment at Stelia North America.
Pros
Knowlegeable co-operative friendly staff
Fast Paced & productive workplace
Production Lay-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Lunenburg, NS12 May 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing your finished work leave the plant.

I learned very valuable people skills, problem solving skills, it also helped hone my attention to detail.

The hardest part of the job was meeting production goals on time due to shear quantity of demand.

I would work here again.
Pros
Good Benefits, Long hours, Lots of work
strict safety and quality standard for the staff and clients of the operation
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Lunenburg, NS5 November 2015
My workday had a regimen of being organized to comply with the fast pace required to process and prepare client product. There are multiple steps to a daily process which I had been trained to do, and had been empowered to apply the knowledge of these tasks to make decisions which help the team reach their daily production goals.
The management has been thorough to its mandate of following the needs of their clients using Industry approved standards(IOS) of lay-up, cure, assembly, and finishing. I enjoyed the empowerment of my mostly unsupervised position, as the team would promptly be engaged in the required daily duties, and our productivity was never in question. If a situation would arise, we would notify the individual in the chain of command, who would address the subject and make appropriate decisions as needed. The team which I most often worked with are also very personable and conscientious, which made the work enjoyable to do with them, overall. As I had been in a few other departments while employed there, I had found some challenges that I had met, and others which I could not, but the diversity of the whole operation made the work there very interesting.
Pros
meeting a large number of people and making friends with those who shared my personal interests.
Cons
Occasionally a personality conflict would occur and it is dealt with by the chain of command, to the companies satisfaction and those affected. I have forayed into this area upon occasion.