Stelco

3.6Pay & benefits

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 65 reviews
unionshiftyearbenefitlotpayplaceenvironment

Power Eng Experience

I’ve been working at Stelco for almost 6 years as a 4th class power engineer. The culture of Stelco can vary depending on which department you are employed in as well as if you’re at the Hamilton plant or Lake Erie plant. Lake Erie is definitely where you want to be. In my experience management is easy going and they care about their employees but can sometimes be unorganized. Co-Workers are a huge upside at Stelco, majority of people are very pleasant and it can be fun working here. I’ve made a lot of friendships... sometimes with people you wouldn’t normally interact with but it’s all been positive in my experience ( although I’m sure in some parts of the plant you get some lazy whiners). Pay is exceptional if you’re a production worker with no credentials. Pay for trades and technical work is a little on the low side but still competitive and will soon be on the rise hopefully (it’s annoying that coal sweepers make 5 dollars less than you). The benefits are good, and mostly cover everything you could need. Pension is mediocre but better than nothing and if you’re smart with your bonuses you can make it work. The union are mostly for show and don’t do much for your everyday employee unless your a slacker which then they might protect you.

Pros

Excellent work environment, decent pay

Cons

Na

Insights into Stelco

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stelco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Stelco with

Learn about Stelco in popular locations

• Stelco