Steinbach Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great coworkers
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2020
Fairly average as far as working at a financial institution goes. Some of the management is great. There are perks as far as uniform expense and employee appreciation goes.
Pros
Uniform Expense
Cons
Stressful sales environment
management
Loss Prevention Officer II (Former Employee) –  Steinbach27 May 2019
Not an out of the box thinker, old school, all boys club mentality. They like to create an "image" that is intimidating to people that don't know much about their finances or money in general.
A career job and friendly and great place to work
Full-time Teller and Part-time ATM Teller (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 May 2017
A day to day typical day as a bank teller at SCU would be clocking in for your shift and proceeding to the front line to get your station ready and computer and cash ready to serve members. Your daily tasks are serving your members in their day to day bank transactions as requested by them with accuracy and effectively. You will in between members attain to your weekly or daily task scheduled to you and answer incoming calls and go back to your station to balance at end of day breaking half way through the day for half hour lunch.
Pros
Career opportunities
Great Place to Work
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 April 2017
The most enjoyable part of working here is helping members reach their financial goals. Members are very loyal to the company and are very kind and take the time to get to know you. Lots of training is provided so you feel very comfortable in your role.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
Cons
Short staffed
Great Company
Contact Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB3 April 2017
It was a great place of employment. I would work there again. They treat their employees very well. They give regular reviews which helps enormously with job performance.
Pros
good pay
Cons
selling products
Great place to work!
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 December 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the 4+ years I spent working at SCU! learned a lot about Financial Institutions, and gained a lot of customer service experience. Was awesome!
great!
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manitoba18 September 2016
Would Recommend anyone to work for this company. Great benefits are offered, and nice people to work, good advancement options if starting at the bottom.
love the clientss
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Union, winnipeg14 September 2016
Great ppl to work with yet poor management skills no room for growth once within the teller department. The most enjoyable part is getting to know your members very loving. The hardest part of this job was no way for growth within the organization.
Pros
great customer service
Cons
bad mangement skills
Fun and Enjoyable place to work
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Steinbach, MB9 March 2016
I immensely enjoyed my time at Steinbach Credit Union. I learned a lot in the 3 years that I was employed there.
A typical day for me would include and not limited to opening memberships, setting members up with credit cards and debit cards, issuing certified cheques and money orders.
My co-workers were amazing as everyone was super helpful and worked as a team player.
I think the most enjoyable part of the job for me was talking to members and creating those lasting relationships.
Great Environment
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lagimodiere20 August 2015
Surrounded by helpful and fun people all day. Pay is good compared to other Credit Unions and Banks with similar job roles. Not much room for advancement though from what I witnessed.
Pros
Co-workers
productive and great place to work
a typical day at work is dealing with a variety of members in their everyday banking needs, services, phone calls, questions, concerns, and complaints. The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the public and the hardest part of my job was getting yelled at by people.The management was very caring and helpful. My coworkers were very helpful and friendly. I learned computer skills and the banking industry.
Pros
Great place to work and expand my career
Cons
very far distance to drive
productive, fun workplace that builds team work
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 April 2014
I love working in the bank, I love helping people (customers). A typical day at work i stressful but I love it because it makes the day go b y quickly.
The management and my everyone works as a unit. I enjoy helping people and meeting with customers.
The hardest part of my job is not getting not balancing my day's job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steinbach Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2