Steinbach Credit Union

Steinbach Credit Union Employee Reviews

My job is relatively easy, though busy, and the managers offer lots of support and the team is always available to answer my questions; a fantastic place to work
Best company I've worked for, love the culture and the people in the depatment where I worked - from my colleagues to the teller manager. Benefits are more than fair, vacation days are better than other companies as you start 2 weeks on your 1st year and 3 weeks from the 2nd to 5th year, 4 weeks after 5years.
I enjoy working at the Credit Union. The people are excellent and co workers are eager to assist you. They treat you like a family, fun yet productive workplace, help you learn more skills and improve. We have weekly check-ins with our manager to see our progress on projects and help us solve problems that we face.
Fairly average as far as working at a financial institution goes. Some of the management is great. There are perks as far as uniform expense and employee appreciation goes.
Pros
Uniform Expense
Cons
Stressful sales environment
Not an out of the box thinker, old school, all boys club mentality. They like to create an "image" that is intimidating to people that don't know much about their finances or money in general.
A great place to work especially if you are looking for long term advancement. SCU takes care of their employees and creates opportunity to grow and to move up in the company.
A day to day typical day as a bank teller at SCU would be clocking in for your shift and proceeding to the front line to get your station ready and computer and cash ready to serve members. Your daily tasks are serving your members in their day to day bank transactions as requested by them with accuracy and effectively. You will in between members attain to your weekly or daily task scheduled to you and answer incoming calls and go back to your station to balance at end of day breaking half way through the day for half hour lunch.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
The most enjoyable part of working here is helping members reach their financial goals. Members are very loyal to the company and are very kind and take the time to get to know you. Lots of training is provided so you feel very comfortable in your role.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
Cons
Short staffed
It was a great place of employment. I would work there again. They treat their employees very well. They give regular reviews which helps enormously with job performance.
Pros
good pay
Cons
selling products
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Steinbach Credit Union?
I thoroughly enjoyed the 4+ years I spent working at SCU! learned a lot about Financial Institutions, and gained a lot of customer service experience. Was awesome!
Would Recommend anyone to work for this company. Great benefits are offered, and nice people to work, good advancement options if starting at the bottom.
Great ppl to work with yet poor management skills no room for growth once within the teller department. The most enjoyable part is getting to know your members very loving. The hardest part of this job was no way for growth within the organization.
Pros
great customer service
Cons
bad mangement skills
I immensely enjoyed my time at Steinbach Credit Union. I learned a lot in the 3 years that I was employed there. A typical day for me would include and not limited to opening memberships, setting members up with credit cards and debit cards, issuing certified cheques and money orders. My co-workers were amazing as everyone was super helpful and worked as a team player. I think the most enjoyable part of the job for me was talking to members and creating those lasting relationships.
Surrounded by helpful and fun people all day. Pay is good compared to other Credit Unions and Banks with similar job roles. Not much room for advancement though from what I witnessed.
Pros
Co-workers
a typical day at work is dealing with a variety of members in their everyday banking needs, services, phone calls, questions, concerns, and complaints. The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the public and the hardest part of my job was getting yelled at by people.The management was very caring and helpful. My coworkers were very helpful and friendly. I learned computer skills and the banking industry.
Pros
Great place to work and expand my career
Cons
very far distance to drive
I love working in the bank, I love helping people (customers). A typical day at work i stressful but I love it because it makes the day go b y quickly. The management and my everyone works as a unit. I enjoy helping people and meeting with customers. The hardest part of my job is not getting not balancing my day's job